Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Harsh on McNeill. He has some effect on the game in a poor team and works hard. Neymar is a rich mans Zaha. Looks flashy but has very little end product, tries to do it all on his own and fails and just spend most his time sat on his arse moaning.

Totally, they may have got back in it if he’d made the easy pass a few times.

2 minutes ago, bongo92 said:

Scores two goals in champions league semi final, and there are fans that will still slate him for going Man City.

Who slates him for going Man City? They slate him for some of his behaviour whilst here and some of the comments he made after leaving. He should thank us, he could have ended up at Arsenal, instead we refused to sell and he ended up at Man City, winning titles and getting to the CL final.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think the 2 of wilf and Youri now is not all that weak when compared to Kante. But, barring the few months before barnes got injured riyad is head and shoulders above our other options out wide. Hypothetical though, of course. 

We haven't been hindered without them.

6 months after Kante was tough but Wilf has filled the gap and then some.

Mahrez has been a hard act to follow even now but the team is much stronger than it was in May 2018.

Weird as it may seem we may have evolved much more without them.

I don't get the criticism of Mahrez whilst he was here. He clearly wanted to go after the 16/17 season due to where we finished and we managed to keep him for another season in which he was sensational again. Yes he threw his toys out in the Jan transfer window but he always gave 100% when he played for us, despite what was going on. We were never going to keep him without being able to offer him CL football year in year out which we couldn't. 

• Like 4

Standard PSG headloss. Hard to pin it all on Pochettino given he's still quite new there and they aren't his signings but hilarious hearing Jenas with the manager equivalent of "he's not that type of player", forgetting Spurs churned in something in May 2016 that you'd have expected to see in South America.

Manchester City the best team in Europe I think, they should win it now, just gutting for their fans that they can't witness this - great shout from whoever said it should be moved to Wembley if Chelsea win. Give it to Istanbul next year.

Absolutely gutted man city made it. Can't stand them or guardiola or their entitled players and especially not their sick owners. Hope whoever comes out the other game wins. Though i don't see it likely imo 

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Hala Madrid!! 

Or are we Chelsea so it keeps them busy with another game to focus on? 

Chelsea for me. Can't underestimate how much emotional energy a Champions League final build up would take from their players. it's all they'd hear about until the game took place. If this tournament is going to benefit us in any way now, it can only be the draining of Chelsea players. Additionally, if they make it tonight, it is likely to give Man City that extra smidgen of determination to beat them this weekend.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Manchester City the best team in Europe I think, they should win it now, just gutting for their fans that they can't witness this - great shout from whoever said it should be moved to Wembley if Chelsea win. Give it to Istanbul next year.

I'm unsure, a game against a full strength Bayern team would be fascinating. But taking nothing away from Man City, absolutely outstanding team when they turn it on. 

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Hala Madrid!! 

Yeah I want Chelsea to go through solely for the reason you've mentioned.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Who slates him for going Man City? They slate him for some of his behaviour whilst here and some of the comments he made after leaving. He should thank us, he could have ended up at Arsenal, instead we refused to sell and he ended up at Man City, winning titles and getting to the CL final.

I'm sure he is glad he didn't end up at Arsenal.  It is great to see him performing at this level. Pleased for him and hope they win it.  Lesser of three evils from here on in imo.  Also because I think Pep might walk if they win it.  He likes a new challenge.  Would put them out of the top drawer again imo.

Edited by Jon the Hat

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm unsure, a game against a full strength Bayern team would be fascinating. But taking nothing away from Man City, absolutely outstanding team when they turn it on. 

True - PSG were pretty fortunate to get by them really. Fit Lewandowski and that turns that one IMO.

7 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Hala Madrid!! 

I can see the argument for wanting Chelsea distracted by a UCL final but their squad depth is second only to Man City's so I don't see it causing them a problem. They can make 5 changes and still put out a very strong team. For me just want them or Arsenal out of Europe asap to remove this nagging doubt that 4th place won't get a UCL place.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I can see the argument for wanting Chelsea distracted by a UCL final but their squad depth is second only to Man City's so I don't see it causing them a problem. They can make 5 changes and still put out a very strong team. For me just want them or Arsenal out of Europe asap to remove this nagging doubt that 4th place won't get a UCL place.

This extra fixture stuff and distraction is a load of rubbish in my view anyway.

However, I feel if they have a CL final to look forward to, then the FA Cup may not be as important (and I don't mean they will roll over). However, if they lost tonight, would they have that extra incentive to win the FA Cup and therefore have that extra desire to win it? Who knows.

I think the Chelsea finishing outside of Top 4 and both them and Arsenal winning the European trophies (as well as us finishing 4th or lower) is extremely unlikely.

I would probably go for Chelsea tonight on the above basis.

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah we want Chelsea competing on three fronts. They're got to take their eye off something and that might just be the FA Cup. 

Yep, I think Tunchel's current brief on order of priority from the owner would be:

- Champions League

- Top 4 for champions league money next season

- FA Cup Final

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NasPb said:

Absolutely gutted man city made it. Can't stand them or guardiola or their entitled players and especially not their sick owners. Hope whoever comes out the other game wins. Though i don't see it likely imo 

Its Not worth disliking/hating...any team...Waste of Time & energy, & doesn't prevent them being a Good Team & manager.!!!

Doesn t make grapes less sour...

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This extra fixture stuff and distraction is a load of rubbish in my view anyway.

However, I feel if they have a CL final to look forward to, then the FA Cup may not be as important (and I don't mean they will roll over). However, if they lost tonight, would they have that extra incentive to win the FA Cup and therefore have that extra desire to win it? Who knows.

I think the Chelsea finishing outside of Top 4 and both them and Arsenal winning the European trophies (as well as us finishing 4th or lower) is extremely unlikely.

I would probably go for Chelsea tonight on the above basis.

Chelsea could like Man.city,  field 9 different players, the squad Talents far outweighs ours..in domestic competitions..

But thats why we have a fox & fearless. smeared  across our stadium....We are the best irritant in the Top 6...