Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Fodé Ballo-Touré

8 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Searched his name on Twitter and all I see is Monaco fans saying how shit he is lol lovely little throwback to a few days before he signed Ghezzal 

Monaco is hit or miss. Also said tielemans was shite 

5 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Searched his name on Twitter and all I see is Monaco fans saying how shit he is lol lovely little throwback to a few days before he signed Ghezzal 

...much the same as they were saying about Tielemans!!!

They were not complimentary about Tielemans on their forum and was eager to get rid. Saying they would take £10m just to get him out.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2020 at 02:47, MPH said:

whoever comes up with a song that incorporates his entire name wins the internet.

Fodé Ballo-Touré

A pocket full of posies

A tissue, a tissue, we all fall down.

I've seen what's on the internet. I don't even want it.

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...much the same as they were saying about Tielemans!!!

They were not complimentary about Tielemans on their forum and was eager to get rid. Saying they would take £10m just to get him out.

I’m not convinced Monaco fans were wrong about Tielemans either, he’s hardly set the World alight since his permanent move. Granted it’s early days but he’s a way off justifying his price tag just yet. 10mil would be about right if compared to the fee we paid for Maddison for example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 3stevo said:

I’m not convinced Monaco fans were wrong about Tielemans either, he’s hardly set the World alight since his permanent move. Granted it’s early days but he’s a way off justifying his price tag just yet. 10mil would be about right if compared to the fee we paid for Maddison for example. 

**** me, 10 million gets you a League 1 striker nowdayslol

9 minutes ago, 3stevo said:

...he has not lived up to his initial performances on loan!!!

He does seem to put in substandard performances and you wonder how he managed to get this far in his career. He always has a smile on his face though.

Admittedly I’m going off a YouTube video, but I honestly think this lad could be really dynamic in our team. He seems to suit the high press game and has got bags of pace. The boy appears to have been heavily linked with Man U in recent times so surely he has something about him. 

Don’t get me wrong he’s not my first choice, however I wouldn’t be mad if he was to be the lad we brought in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think he's had an inconsistent season at Monaco. 18/19 was quite good by all accounts. As many have said, DEFFO not my first choice, but wouldn't be a bad option. Would be only 14 million as well. Monaco bought a lb too. 

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

**** me, 10 million gets you a League 1 striker nowdayslol

I’m not sure of your point. We didn’t buy him from League 1 or indeed a team in this country, the British market is a different ball game. We did by Maddison (Ironically from an English League) for pretty much half the fee though and on performances thus far I know which one would choose if I had to again which “**** me” was the point I was making.

Leicester 'set to beat Manchester United to £18m Monaco defender Fode Ballo-Toure' as Brendan Rodgers identifies left-back as his Ben Chilwell replacement

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8675577/amp/Leicester-set-beat-Manchester-United-18m-Monaco-defender-Fode-Ballo-Toure.html

Also being reported in the Sun (yes, I know):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12527639/man-utd-leicester-ballo-toure-monaco-transfer-news/amp/

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Admittedly I’m going off a YouTube video, but I honestly think this lad could be really dynamic in our team. He seems to suit the high press game and has got bags of pace. The boy appears to have been heavily linked with Man U in recent times so surely he has something about him. 

Don’t get me wrong he’s not my first choice, however I wouldn’t be mad if he was to be the lad we brought in.

Actually pretty impressed by this. Acceleration looks on par with Traore's, he's easily out-muscling attackers and seems to have a decent cross on him. Feels like a real diamond in the rough and a great accompaniment to Ricardo.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If we are going this this one we may as well stick with Luke Thomas 

He’s not going to cost a fortune and the two can share the load next two seasons ......I doubt we wouldn’t recover our investment if we move him on in two/three seasons  when he’s mid twenties and Thomas is 21/22 if Thomas does achieve the potential he’s showing.

thats why buying younger makes more sense to me, as long as they are up to it in case Thomas has a poor season (which can happen at his age)

as a club, we are now all about investing in players who we can sell on ........ we could see the odd older head come in but that’s not the general plan. 

and with Man U having shaw and Williams, I cant see why they would want this fella 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

If we are going this this one we may as well stick with Luke Thomas 

Personally, I am not quite sold on this dude, but we will (hopefully) have enough games over the course of the coming season (EPL, EL, FA Cup, Milk Cup) to utilize two good LBs, even without injuries.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

Well not the dream signing but f**k me he’s quick!

Bombing up the left flank carrying the ball in the Prem and cutting in he’ll win 3 pens a season!

With Barnes inside of him to lay the ball off to it may just be a case of them two just weaving up the left side and putting in Vardy also running at pace!

Wouldnt write him off too early his fella.