Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Fodé Ballo-Touré

On 27/08/2020 at 02:47, MPH said:

whoever comes up with a song that incorporates his entire name wins the internet.

to the tune of "Savage" - Megan Thee Stallion

I'm a Toure (yeah)
Fode, Ballo, Toure, (Yeah)
But i'm not that one? (whoa, whoa)
I'm a Toure (yeah)

Nailed it!
Edited by hackenbacker
forgot something
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

The tackled/dribbled past bit doesn’t look to great though lol 

Hmmm that is interesting, and is flipped with that of the Progressive Distance...

I'll confess my ignorance on those - what do those two stats refer to exactly?

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Hmmm that is interesting, and is flipped with that of the Progressive Distance...

I'll confess my ignorance on those - what do those two stats refer to exactly?

Can’t lie I’m no stato myself but I think progressive distance is the distance they carry the ball, 1 of chilwells main strengths imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3stevo said:

I’m not sure of your point. We didn’t buy him from League 1 or indeed a team in this country, the British market is a different ball game. We did by Maddison (Ironically from an English League) for pretty much half the fee though and on performances thus far I know which one would choose if I had to again which “**** me” was the point I was making.

You honestly think 10 mllion pounds for Tielemans would be 'about right'? This is a lad who was 22 years old at the time, who had played about 20 games for the senior Belgium team, fighting for competition against the likes of KDB, who tore the Belgium League apart at about 19 years of age. By contrast Maddison only played for the senior England team last year for the first time and he's competing with Ross Barkey and Dele Alli for a place in the squad.

Might we have overpaid for Tielemans slightly? Yes, we were a midtable team who wanted a Belgium international with lots of potential to come here. Is he worth a hell of a lot more than 10 million pounds? Definitely.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You honestly think 10 mllion pounds for Tielemans would be 'about right'? This is a lad who was 22 years old at the time, who had played about 20 games for the senior Belgium team, fighting for competition against the likes of KDB, who tore the Belgium League apart at about 19 years of age. By contrast Maddison only played for the senior England team last year for the first time and he's competing with Ross Barkey and Dele Alli for a place in the squad.

Might we have overpaid for Tielemans slightly? Yes, we were a midtable team who wanted a Belgium international with lots of potential to come here. Is he worth a hell of a lot more than 10 million pounds? Definitely.

Madders was 22m and YT 32m 

I expect there are more add ons with madders re England caps etc 

YT was not over priced 

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else has picked this up, but there is a very strong link between FBT and Odsonne Eduoard.  They played together for 5 years (2011-16) in the various PSG Youth teams and a complete season (2016/17) in the PSG B team.  With all the talk about Edouard preferring a move back to France and Ligue 1 rather than the EPL, I wonder whether a move for FBT might be also an attempt to entice Edouard with (possibly) a bit of shared friendship ?  That's in addition to FBT to being a pretty decent left back option - nothwithstanding some criticism on here about his lack of goal assists, he is a very capable defensive player.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He’s not going to cost a fortune and the two can share the load next two seasons ......I doubt we wouldn’t recover our investment if we move him on in two/three seasons  when he’s mid twenties and Thomas is 21/22 if Thomas does achieve the potential he’s showing.

thats why buying younger makes more sense to me, as long as they are up to it in case Thomas has a poor season (which can happen at his age)

as a club, we are now all about investing in players who we can sell on ........ we could see the odd older head come in but that’s not the general plan. 

and with Man U having shaw and Williams, I cant see why they would want this fella 

Wheres the part about entertaining the fans heart strings? 🤔🙂

1 minute ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I don't know if anyone else has picked this up, but there is a very strong link between FBT and Odsonne Eduoard.  They played together for 5 years (2011-16) in the various PSG Youth teams and a complete season (2016/17) in the PSG B team.  With all the talk about Edouard preferring a move back to France and Ligue 1 rather than the EPL, I wonder whether a move for FBT might be also an attempt to entice Edouard with (possibly) a bit of shared friendship ?  That's in addition to FBT to being a pretty decent left back option - nothwithstanding some criticism on here about his lack of goal assists, he is a very capable defensive player.   

I think that’s reaching even for FT but I’m prepared to endorse this hypothesis wholeheartedly!

lol

22 minutes ago, Sly said:

Have you watched Moneyball?!? 

Yep and a player that may look poor in one team, his / her ability may become useful in another team. An outcast possibly being utilised in the wrong way. 

Not saying this will be the case here but stats can be very useful if used in a combined decision making system. 

Liverpool have used this to great affect as have Leicester too

Edited by Lesta Legend

47 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yep, the 0.0001% of people out of the reduced capacity that have heard of that song will get it going, I'm sure!

I often wonder how absolute crap like that song even get into the charts, talentless noisemusic 😢