Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Fodé Ballo-Touré

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

This is like Ghezzal all over again. The stats saying he’s good but the Monaco fans saying he’s shite.

We all know that you can make stats show almost anything you want, but the claim that any sort of statistical analysis could possibly show that Ghezzal was good is pushing stat analysis to the extreme outer limits of possibilities. :o

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he has not lived up to his initial performances on loan!!!

He does seem to put in substandard performances and you wonder how he managed to get this far in his career. He always has a smile on his face though.

I have to disagree with this. Without many of his slick passing via transitioning play or through ball/assists then our goal tally and points would be nowhere near where we finished. He had a burnout throughout Christmas and January because he'd played every game including internationals for Belgium. BR lauded him for his his on-field brain and him and madders have been the only glue holding the midfield together for our 5th placed finish for their creativity and interlinking play. He's also done a lot of off field work together within the leadership group.

An largely unappealing yet safe signing. Sounds like a Rodger and Congerton signing.

Don’t we have Fuchs and Thomas on the left. But an injured Ricardo and both-footed James on the right? Wouldn’t it make more sense to buy a backup right back?

• Like 1

Why on earth do people still fixate over the idea of Justin playing LB? Yeah we'd have cover with Thomas, Fuchs and Justin but quality in depth? Wouldn't even say we'd have a quality starter. One is still a kid, the other is aging and becoming a bit of a crock, and the other is still yet to prove he's good enough long term to play his preferred position

Edited by Walkers

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Why on earth do people still fixate over the idea of Justin playing LB? Yeah we'd have cover with Thomas, Fuchs and Justin but quality in depth? Wouldn't even say we'd have a quality starter. One is still a kid, the other is aging and becoming a bit of a crock, and the other is still yet to prove he's good enough long term to play his preferred position

Definitely agree with the first 2 players but think JJ has the raw attributes and has proved that much at least, just need refining.

I confess I’ve never seen this lad play. But as I read more about him, I think the negativity is a bit over the top. There’s a reason so many bigger clubs than us have been fascinated with him. He’s loaded with potential - obviously lightning fast and a danger going forward. Defensively he’s obviously a work in progress, and he could be a major disappointment. But there’s a lot of upside there.

29 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Definitely agree with the first 2 players but think JJ has the raw attributes and has proved that much at least, just need refining.

Yeah at right back! I don't think we're that tight up to have to replace an international LB worth 50m with our back up RB. And even so, if we did we'd then have to find somebody good enough whos happy to to play about a dozen games at RB. It's absolutely fine as we had it, just need to replace our star LB with another star LB. Ricardo/JJ and new signing/Thomas with Fuchs who can also play CB.

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Yeah at right back! I don't think we're that tight up to have to replace an international LB worth 50m with our back up RB. And even so, if we did we'd then have to find somebody good enough whos happy to to play about a dozen games this season. It's absolutely fine as we had it, just need to replace our star LB with another star LB. Ricardo/JJ and new signing/Thomas with Fuchs who can also play CB.

Agreed, missed your point on that one. On the other hand though we are lower in numbers and strength at RB than we are at LB 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everyone raving about how quick he is. We might as well just get Schlupp back and stick him there at left back lol

..quick and skillful, never heard of this player but he looks quality from the Youtube video!!!

He does remind me of Chilwell, there his that little bit of uncertainty in the last third and unwilling to drive into the box to commit the defender, choosing to cross instead. It all comes down to end product and he looks very solid in defence and his rapid pace allows him to make up the distance on counter attacks.

He could be, from what I have seen a top class defender but the end product is going to hold him back, fine lines.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Agreed, missed your point on that one. On the other hand though we are lower in numbers and strength at RB than we are at LB 

I dont know, maybe. We can't have 3 right/left backs who are decent, how are we gonna keep the 3rd choice happy? We're lucky at LB with the emergence of Thomas who won't expect regular game time, Fuchs who also won't expect regular game time and can slot into CB. Can't Darnell Johnson or whatever his name is play RB, he's highly rated isn't he? He could be a 3rd choice if he's not going out on loan. Campbell too? Some kid we signed from Arsenal?

A club like ours, 3rd choice has to be from the u21s really.