Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

47 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Distracted or no, they outshot Finland 22-1.

And missed a penalty. And shots have to go in. And, would Schmeichs have let that goal in, in a normal game?

I watched the second-half - Denmark were dominant, yet, do you really believe they weren't suffering an emotional handicap?

Guest StevieLynex
6 minutes ago, gerblod said:

And, would Schmeichs have let that goal in, in a normal game?

Erm, punching the ball in against Spurs?

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

And missed a penalty. And shots have to go in. And, would Schmeichs have let that goal in, in a normal game?

I watched the second-half - Denmark were dominant, yet, do you really believe they weren't suffering an emotional handicap?

They asked to continue.  What was Uefa supposed to do?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

They asked to continue.  What was Uefa supposed to do?

I suspect that UEFA would have abstained from making a definitive decision - with an eye on the schedules.

Footballers can be relied on to play on - it's in their training and mindset.

It's only my opinion, but I consider they needed a night to settle themselves. 

2 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

Erm, punching the ball in against Spurs?

Erm...yes - for some fans a player is only as good as his last action. One fail and he needs transferring.

However, that wasn't really my point, but I used him as an example, so mea maxima culpa.

Athletes operate at very focused levels and a huge distraction like Eriksens's collapse is going to affect his teammates and hence their concentration. Inevitable.

On 12/06/2021 at 15:26, NYC Fox Fan said:

It depends on the severity. He’ll be out for weeks. Lucky if he doesn’t require surgery.

Reportedly a double fracture of the eye socket, and will require surgery. :(

Speedy Recovery Tim!

Edited by NaijaFox

17 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Just heard on BTV that the Danish head coach has stated that his team should not have been asked to continue. So just who was doing the asking and why?

They were given two options 

play sat evening or come back Sunday lunchtime.  Had it been delayed to Monday then it impacted on Finland’s next game 

it’s insensitive but understandable 

in retrospect, they should have come back Sunday lunchtime.  But then again, they had enough chances to have won the game, even with the mess that their mental states were in 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In retrospect, they should have come back Sunday lunchtime.  But then again, they had enough chances to have won the game, even with the mess that their mental states were in 

That would appear to have been the sensible alternative.

Every decision ever made led to a different set of outcomes. So, those chances would probably have been converted had the Danes' minds been fully focused. Or not...

I watched one of Brian Cox's progs on the nature of time and space last night. He never mentioned football - too complex, I'd imagine.

30 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Perhaps they should also have been offered a 0-0 draw if they abandoned the game. 

I'm certain more sensible options like this^ could've been discussed if both teams and leaders had been given more time. 

What's done is done though and from this point Denmark will be playing for pride. For me, and I suspect many other supporters, it will be difficult to care much about the sporting result/event of the Belgium game.