Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

UEFA, the only continental federation what insisted on playing internationals have an absolutely stupid idea of making a load of professional footballers mixing amongst each other. 

Clubs aren't going to let this go quietly, I can see a few conflicts in the next two international breaks. Given this isn't a usual injury and several players could be affected, I think the clubs will insist on very stringent regimes like only joining up the day before the game etc.

16 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Out of interest in theory Who's this competitive back up who's miles better than Ward but still happy to sit on the bench at Leicester City? 

alexander nubel of schalke would be my call, only 23 very talented great shots to save ratio athletic good passing distribution, and he could play europa league games to bed in , would get a higher salary surely than at schalke. The  maybe take over from kasper long term.

5 hours ago, twister said:

alexander nubel of schalke would be my call, only 23 very talented great shots to save ratio athletic good passing distribution, and he could play europa league games to bed in , would get a higher salary surely than at schalke. The  maybe take over from kasper long term.

I think you might be over estimating out pull. He's playing weekend in week out in the budesliga. He's captain. Not sure he would give that up to sit on our bench and play the odd europa leauge game. 

Career suicide! Some goalies flat out won't be a number 2.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think you might be over estimating out pull. He's playing weekend in week out in the budesliga. He's captain. Not sure he would give that up to sit on our bench and play the odd europa leauge game. 

Career suicide! Some goalies flat out won't be a number 2.

You say that but rui patrico ended up at wolves and reina went to villa this year.

It would be a hard sell but if you said your going to be number one sooner rather than later, there would be a chance.

I mean danish internationals have ended up at brentford the past year or two.

8 hours ago, twister said:

You say that but rui patrico ended up at wolves and reina went to villa this year.

It would be a hard sell but if you said your going to be number one sooner rather than later, there would be a chance.

Rui Patricia is number 1 at wolves has been from the minute he walked in the door. Pepe renia is 38 and rubbish nowdays (see harvey Barnes goal for an example) hence why he's number 2 at villa. I'd rather have Danny ward as city's number 2 personally. 

• Like 3

No goalkeeper in the world who has a desire to play every week would come to a club where an international goalkeeper is not only number one but also the captain of that side.

Kasper is a great keeper and will be number one here this season and possibly next too - he does turn 34 in November, so we do need to start thinking about a succession plan at the end of this season.  That could be Daniel Iversen, if he has a he a successful loan spell in Belgium. He will be 25 at that time and will be looking to be either our first choice or move on. He has already had a couple of call ups for Denmark and had rave reviews from all of his loan spells.

On 10/09/2020 at 02:10, twister said:

Nubel of Bayern, you mean?

14 hours ago, twister said:

Patricio went to be first choice, and Reina is over the hill. 

• Like 1

On 09/09/2020 at 17:10, twister said:

You mean the guy whose joined Bayern Munich, Alexander Nubel?

• 3 weeks later...

Who are we expecting to be away on international duty?

Kasper - Denmark

Justin - England U21s

Soyuncu and Under - Turkey

Evans - Northern Ireland 

Castange, Tielemans, Praet  - Belgium

Madison or Barnes England?

Anyone else? 8 with a maybe against 2 others, is not to many to be away for a team top of the PL, hopefully the rest of The squad can have a bit of a break.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Who are we expecting to be away on international duty?

Kasper - Denmark

Justin - England U21s

Soyuncu and Under - Turkey

Evans - Northern Ireland 

Castange, Tielemans, Praet  - Belgium

Madison or Barnes England?

Anyone else? 8 with a maybe against 2 others, is not to many to be away for a team top of the PL, hopefully the rest of The squad can have a bit of a break.

Nacho - Nigeria

On 30/09/2020 at 11:23, RowlattsFox said:

Why are there 3 international games? Assume one is just a postponed friendly from the summer or something but FFS, absolutely no need.

They've gone with 3 games in October and November to accommodate the Euro 2020 playoffs from March which were postponed. Obviously they need to be played to determine who qualifies for the Euros in the summer! Plus they need to complete the Nations League before Christmas so the 2022 world cup qualifiers can start in March and not be delayed. International football is playing catch up just like club football. 

(Cue the "well why bother with the Nations League then", "no one cares", "I've gone off international football"  comments but people would be complaining more if there was nothing but "waste of time" friendlies to play between now and the end of the year.)

So countries in the playoffs will play their semi final plus two Nations League games in October then the playoff final (should they make it) plus the final two Nations League games in November. Countries not in the playoffs at all will play one friendly and two Nations League games each month. I agree playing the extra friendly each month is a bit unnecessary given the already congested fixture schedules