Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Adam Ounas

1 hour ago, murphy said:

That's what we paid.  Not what they were worth.

For instance, Mahrez and Drinky sold for £100m between them.  Kante sold for £32m but only because of his release clause and God knows what JV would have been worth then,

My point still stands as they wasn't worth that at the start of the season when we were odds on for relegation. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Do you have a mortgage? That money out of your pay packet to pay off the loan, means you have less to spend on other things.

You seem to have gone wildly off topic. The loans from KP entity concerning the stadium expansion and training centre are completely separate to what monies the club itself has to spend on transfers and salaries. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Do you have a mortgage? That money out of your pay packet to pay off the loan, means you have less to spend on other things.

Now this is where I didn’t fall short, Babs. My grandmother procured a hideous long trench coat and passed it on as a gift one Christmas, originally I was ungrateful, and stuffed it at the back of my wardrobe... since having a mortgage I found a new love for this coat, and the ability to hide a weekly shop within.... no one suspects a thing because only old folk wear such a shade a beige and old folk in beige don’t steal, I think....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Chelsea got rid of De Bruyne thinking he wasn't going to make it at the level Chelsea wanted to be at... 

To be fair there are a hundreds of examples you could give either way and I also said he'd be worth a punt based on his youth potential...

Would take him in a minute.  A mercurial, flashy and quick player with lots of tricks up his sleeve - the type of skill we desperately lack at the moment.  Risky?  Hell, yes - that's why he could be cheap.  But meaning no disrespect to any supposed ITKs, I'm assuming any unofficial report something is imminent to be a false alarm.

Edited by Deeg67

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This signing would be somewhat of a gamble but could be a really good player. He’s got flair and a dose of maverick to his play which we’ve lacked since Mahrez left. 

If the price is decent then he’d be a good option. I think we are desperate for a highly skilled right forward to take us to the next level. But if we aren’t able to sign a ready made one (spoiler - we won’t) then you’ve got to gamble on someone. This guy has unpredictability to his game (the good kind not the Gray kind) and we need someone like that in the squad. As @Ric Flair says something like 15m could be worth a punt. 

Not familiar enough with his game to be certain, but the more I look (and research) the more I suspect that his unpredictability will be more or less "the Gray kind".  Conclusion: ambivalence.  

29 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Would take him in a minute.  A mercurial, flashy and quick player with lots of tricks up his sleeve - the type of skill we desperately lack at the moment.  Risky?  Hell, yes - that's why he could be cheap.  But meaning no disrespect to any supposed ITKs, I'm assuming any unofficial report something is imminent to be a false alarm.

Could pretty much describe Demarai Gray. The real question is consistency and it seems this dude has fitness issues. Anyway, for the price tag being bandied about, we could do worse.

7 hours ago, UHDrive said:

You seem to have gone wildly off topic. The loans from KP entity concerning the stadium expansion and training centre are completely separate to what monies the club itself has to spend on transfers and salaries. 

No they aren’t. The money to pay them back comes from the same pot. The income we generate through tv deals and ticket sales will be used, If we use it on paying them or any other lender, we can’t use it elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

No they aren’t. The money to pay them back comes from the same pot. The income we generate through tv deals and ticket sales will be used, If we use it on paying them or any other lender, we can’t use it elsewhere.

Just so I'm not confused do the TV monies the the TV rights and gate monies get paid into the same account that the money we pay to pay off the loans for infrastructure do? If so i appreciate the advice.

14 hours ago, surrifox said:

We’ll be paying up his contract in 18 months time :unsure:

In 18 months u will be offered £80m by man United for him, you will be asking for 100m and Algerians screaming free him.

this one is really good , he didn't get his chance at Naple but im sure he will be the discovery of the season in th Epl.

don't compare him to Ghazzal :nono:

• Like 1