Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Adam Ounas

Just now, PNM said:

Any comments from Nice or Napoli fans on this lad?

I as a moroccan have talked to many algerians and they say they like him a lot. very quick and skillfull, with an eye for a pass. His main issues are physicality and injury problems

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NasPb said:

I as a moroccan have talked to many algerians and they say they like him a lot. very quick and skillfull, with an eye for a pass. His main issues are physicality and injury problems

Thanks bud. Yeh he seems lightweight. He’ll need to bulk up for sure. Hopefully he’ll pass the 67 medicals we put him through. 

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Those wishing for this guy and Brooks are hopeful - we won't sign two left footed right wingers. It'll be either or, and the reports of us being a bit cash strapped are looking about right.

Sorry mate but cash strapped ? We’ve spent £18m on a full back and We are negotiating £20plus million for a CB on the other thread. We’ve also offered this guy a significant wage increase. Cash strapped ? Probably not. sensible given the uncertainty ? yes. 

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Slightly disconcerting that Nice decided to turn him down, they had an option to buy him at the end of his loan 

I read an article on this. The main reason for that was that the fee was 25 million euros and they couldn’t afford it, but also mentions concerns over his fitness too.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/official-ogc-nice-pass-up-e25m-option-to-buy-adam-ounas-from-napoli/

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Slightly disconcerting that Nice decided to turn him down, they had an option to buy him at the end of his loan 

How do you know that it was because of his ability? 

Maybe they couldn't afford to sign him? 

Remember some clubs can't chuck around millions like its nothing. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PNM said:

Thanks bud. Yeh he seems lightweight. He’ll need to bulk up for sure. Hopefully he’ll pass the 67 medicals we put him through. 

For the money involved I'd be willing to say it's worth it. Ideally we'd bin gray and sign brooks as well

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 2

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Sorry mate but cash strapped ? We’ve spent £18m on a full back and We are negotiating £20plus million for a CB on the other thread. We’ve also offered this guy a significant wage increase. Cash strapped ? Probably not. sensible given the uncertainty ? yes. 

Our net spend will probably end up flat - for a side with designs on being top 6 consistently that's not sustainable. Probably the wrong choice of phrase but for the amount of investment we need to be where we want to be, we're miles off. If we finish 8th that'll be a good result.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He can't be shitter than Albrighton, Gray and Rachid though surely? 

Can't understand sad, negative posts like this.

Albrighton is a legend.  Gray did well last season.  I struggle a bit more to defend Ghezzal.

• Like 2

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Our net spend will probably end up flat - for a side with designs on being top 6 consistently that's not sustainable. Probably the wrong choice of phrase but for the amount of investment we need to be where we want to be, we're miles off. If we finish 8th that'll be a good result.

Yeah, I’ll probably agree with you. The club have invested in infrastructure which limits player transfers. It did the same to Spurs and Arsenal for obvious reasons. We need good players but to attract the good players, we need more to show off. Covid hasn’t helped but we do need to be more creative in our recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

Can't understand sad, negative posts like this.

Albrighton is a legend.  Gray did well last season.  I struggle a bit more to defend Ghezzal.

The point im making is that we don't need fringe players. If this lad isn't going be better than any of them then what's the point? Yes, MA is a legend, still fairly good at what he does, but what he does no longer suits us. 

Edited by SecretPro

1 minute ago, eddylcfc said:

Certainly not excited by this. Wasn’t pulling up any trees at Nice last season. They subsequently declined the €25 million option so for me, Brooks or McNeil would be better options.

yeah, but ones about 8 million quid and the other 2 are between 25 and 40+

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah, I’ll probably agree with you. The club have invested in infrastructure which limits player transfers. It did the same to Spurs and Arsenal for obvious reasons. We need good players but to attract the good players, we need more to show off. Covid hasn’t helped but we do need to be more creative in our recruitment. 

The infrastructure is separate from the player signings.

3 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Certainly not excited by this. Wasn’t pulling up any trees at Nice last season. They subsequently declined the €25 million option so for me, Brooks or McNeil would be better options.

Brooks or McNeil would certainly be more expensive. English tax.

4 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Totally agree with you, already been down this route with Ghezzal let's look for better.