Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Adam Ounas

9 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Our net spend will probably end up flat - for a side with designs on being top 6 consistently that's not sustainable. Probably the wrong choice of phrase but for the amount of investment we need to be where we want to be, we're miles off. If we finish 8th that'll be a good result.

Didn't we win the league with a squad that had a total worth of £26mil at the time. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Some third party paying for our training ground or something ?

Why would infrastructure have anything to do with it? I understand that the loans to pay the infrastructure are by the owners but transfers are solely managed by independent club assets and cash.

If he's not better than what we already have then this is a pointless signing.  Brendan is demanding quality players which means improving the first team and I'm sure this would have been promised when he joined.

If instead we're padding out the squad with fluffers then its going to be a long hard and humiliating season ahead.  I'm wondering if this guy is meant to be good enough for us then firstly why is he for sale and secondly why is he so cheap.  Most likely he isn't that good.

4 minutes ago, danfox76 said:

Didn't we win the league with a squad that had a total worth of £26mil at the time. 

That's what we paid.  Not what they were worth.

For instance, Mahrez and Drinky sold for £100m between them.  Kante sold for £32m but only because of his release clause and God knows what JV would have been worth then,

He has an impressive skill set. And any player with an impressive skill set, good players around them and a good coaching team to mould them can be a success. Trust me, we will be laughing in a few years, he’s 23, plenty of time to mould into a great player. I’m well happy with this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Why would infrastructure have anything to do with it? I understand that the loans to pay the infrastructure are by the owners but transfers are solely managed by independent club assets and cash.

What?

You realise when you borrow money you have to pay it back don’t you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Ok, maybe we need to move this out of here but I’m struggling to understand you. How exactly do you think the loans are managed ? 

20 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Nice didn’t want him, Napoli don’t want him, had numerous fitness issues last season.

Just screams a cheap option, has a bang average record, but as long as he can do a few step overs, fans will love him.

Completely agree. Will be happy if he proves us wrong but there are plenty of better options out there. 

From the wingers we’ve been linked to i’d take McNeil, Brooks, Mbeumo or Benrahma over Ounas. Hoping this rumour is just a smokescreen.