Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Adam Ounas

He's not in Napoli's squad for their pre-season friendly vs Pescara tonight.

Not sure how I feel about this. Reeks of Napoli trying to palm him off, knowing he hasn't got whats required to make it at the level we're aspiring to be. It feels like one of those transfers where we might get burnt and he's struggled since 2017, whereas Castagne - for example - came with great reviews from fans and fellow professionals alike, and a string of really strong performances at Genk, Atalanta and for Belgium. 

Imo he's worth a punt, based purely on his potential and record at Bordeaux as a youngster but only if 1) the fee is modest as Gattusso has openly stated he is surplus to requirements so we shouldn't be wading in with a big offer to meet their desired fee and 2) this does not limit our ability to move in the market to bring in another attacking player, whether that be the winger we oh so desperately need or another striker.

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Reeks of Napoli trying to palm him off, knowing he hasn't got whats required to make it at the level we're aspiring to be

Chelsea got rid of De Bruyne thinking he wasn't going to make it at the level Chelsea wanted to be at... 

Just now, CloudFox said:

This guy, plus Brooks and I'll be content with our forward options. We need competition on the wings at the very least.

Me too. I guess the problem could be if it is just him. Not the players fault if it is, but the comparisons to Ghezzal would be easy to make if he doesn't hit the ground running "buy cheap, buy twice (or 3 or 4 times).

Brooks is a must for me alongside him. If we were told we could get two wingers for £35m at the beginning of the window that would be good business.

• Like 1

This guy would be great value. No risk at all, high upside. He played mildly well in france, and needs a chance. GERRIIIMIN

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He can't be shitter than Albrighton, Gray and Rachid though surely? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

He can't be shitter than Albrighton, Gray and Rachid though surely? 

Lord Albrighton will never be shit, but like Morgan, King and Okazaki before him, there comes a point he shouldn't be near the starting line up, and that was probably 2 seasons ago!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, manders86 said:

Lord Albrighton will never be shit, but like Morgan, King and Okazaki before him, there comes a point he shouldn't be near the starting line up, and that was probably 2 seasons ago!

Yes that was more what I was leaning too, but shit was quicker to type. 

Oh great, after he has three great seasons, wins the league the Algerian fans will be on here to tell us to free him so he can join that traditional heavyweight football club Wolves. 

I don’t know anything about him. Hopefully but from the YouTube clip he looks very quick on the counter. That works well for us.