Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Probably the most interesting line from the conference.

Looks like 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 is the way we’ll be going.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the likes of Evans and Maddison are fit again though. Both much better in a 4-3-3.

Just now, AKCJ said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the likes of Evans and Maddison are fit again though. Both much better in a 4-3-3.

If we get a centre half and a right winger in then I think the idea will still be to go 4-1-4-1. If we don't go for a winger and more a central attacking midfielder or striker then thst would indicate he's preparing 3 at the back as the favoured formation this season.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we get a centre half and a right winger in then I think the idea will still be to go 4-1-4-1. If we don't go for a winger and more a central attacking midfielder or striker then thst would indicate he's preparing 3 at the back as the favoured formation this season.

I agree, although I think we could do with a backup for Maddison either way.

If we're going for 3 at the back as the default, then we probably should be looking to bring in 2 CBs.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree, although I think we could do with a backup for Maddison either way.

If we're going for 3 at the back as the default, then we probably should be looking to bring in 2 CBs.

A back up to Maddison would be good but we have more pressing concerns. Annoying we didn't get Aouchiche on a free who we went for but went to St Etienne instead. 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A back up to Maddison would be good but we have more pressing concerns. Annoying we didn't get Aouchiche on a free who we went for but went to St Etienne instead. 

I agree. Need to sort out central defence and a winger, first. I suppose we could end up signing a versatile player like Brooks who covers RW and could be backup centrally.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Be lucky to see Ricardo before November I would think in terms of first team action.

Hope we don't repeat the 'rushing back' issues of last year.

I think originally they said mid to late October so November is probably more realistic. Does seem to be looking in good sprits though which is always good when a player is recovering from injury. 

I think it will be 

Kasper

JJ.        Wilf.       Cags

timmy.         Papy  Hamza.          Thomas

YT.                    DP

vards               Barnes 

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Yes. I am sure the club would be looking to sell / loan out Knight this season. The fact he could play is a huge concern, especially next to Soyuncu, Justin and Thomas potentially...  

why are you sure they would be looking at loaning / getting rid? He got very good reviews from a lot of people last season. How do you know that wasn't the plan for him? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Oh, we are in serious trouble.

I don't think so, He was excellent last week apart from 1 mistake and done very well on loan with Peterborough, where he played mostly in midfield.

If we wanted to sell him he'd be gone by now.

Sometimes you have to take a chance with young players as we done with Soyuncu last summer.

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

why are you sure they would be looking at loaning / getting rid? He got very good reviews from a lot of people last season. How do you know that wasn't the plan for him? 

Evans, Soyuncu, New CB*, Benkovic and Morgan will all be ahead of him so i expected him to be loaned out to a championship side.