Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

The release of the squad numbers shows the reality of how poor our squad is. 3 or 4 injuries and we are screwed. So many question marks over the team and squad. Who is first choice LB? Castagne? Luke flipping Thomas? We are starting a Premier league game with the prospect of a midfielder playing centre half. Whilst still the likes of Mendy, Matt James, Morgan, who should have been moved on and out ages ago are still part of the squad. We are playing European football, and it's a bit worrying. I get we don't want to pay mega bucks but the squad is looking thin in numbers and quality and Rodgers even is admitting it. Can't see anything other than a disjointed loss, would be happy with a point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We'll dominate possession first 15 minutes but lack any quality. Then West Brom get on top and score 1-0. Second half, come out firing for 20 minutes, again lack of quality, miss one sitter. Then game dies off. West Brom score 2-0 in last 10 mins.

Apart from that, you're looking forward to the match, I can tell...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Thanks for that. 

My 2 main takeaways from it:-

1 - from the written press, I thought they were stirring a bit and reading too much into the words in their articles, but watching that, **** me, the man seems livid about transfer/squad depth situation! I like that 

2 - Ian stringer, that man has balls of steel. No wonder big nige didn't like him, looks uncomfortable but fair play to stringer, he asks the questions we want answers to (and some silly ones like re covid and also tops financial position) and tbf to Rodgers, he doesn't just give the usual platitudes. 

His reaction to transfers/squad depth, coupled with the links makes me optimistic that this could be our best window in loving memory! 

Obviously, no-one knows what to expect, and I don't think any result would surprise us on Sunday, but the favourable early fixture list is certainly navigable if the current players hit their stride early, with plenty of time still left til the window closes. 

Bring it on. 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

Didn't really seem like he gave a shit about West Brom in terms of having watched them play! I think it's all about 'imposing our style'.

He didn't seem like a bundle of enthusiasm to be fair and a little frustrated perhaps but its encouraging that clearly he wants to do business in this window, so fingers crossed.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Madders and Fuchs start

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm not being graded on my contributions to foxestalk, so unless I'm writing a mini essay I cba to double check my posts:(

Sorry.

In other news though, @PhillippaT is around to oddly punctuate your posts after you've written them. 

So that's nice.

• Haha 2

The question that keeps cropping up in my mind with regards to the City is "can we afford to loose the 4 games until transfer business is all done and still be challenging for a European slot for the following season?" I think that we can given the end of season we have just endured suffered.

• Like 2

BR needs to get a grip and inject some positivity into the club. Yes the window has been frustrating but we start the season with 2 winnable games. He's spent the last 6 months looking like the world is conspiring against him when he's the one with more control over players and performances than anyone.

Starting to think he'll be a walking, talking excuse machine this year. Doesn't he love developing players? Invest your time in them whilst the board sort transfers. 

6 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Looked like a man frustrated and wonder if he's working out when it's time to walk. Not met Top, and no funds, looked pretty p**ssed off to me, and club haven't delivered what he was promised when he came?

If he's targeting frustration at people, he should be looking at himself bbefore other people. His team flunked a 14point CL gap.

• Like 3