Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

I feel like this is the season where we could see a star being made. Barnes must be on the cusp. The amount of chances presented to him last season where he didn't score was crazy. He puts a few of them away and gains confidence I can see there being no stopping him.

So a 0-0 draw and Barnes missing clear cut chances is a given

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

transfer window that isn't closed for another 3 or so weeks? 

I honestly don't get why some fans are so negative. Sounds like you actually want us to lose and you get some sort of enjoyment out of it. 

How does that help us for the season opener exactly? 3 points can make the difference of millions, look at last season when three more points would have gotten us a top four place.

Potentially throwing those points away by not addressing very obvious squad issues in January and not being prepared to the start of the new season is a joke. 

In honestly don’t get how you as a fan find it acceptable, seem pretty cool with sleepwalking into the season with the same crap lineup that lost us the UCL positions through injuries etc.

• Like 1

1 - 1, cagey game. FT to sink into depression despite it not being a ‘bad’ result given the circumstances.

We’re struggling for depth and off the back of a poor finish and unspectacular pre-season. They’ll keep it tight wanting to get off the mark at home first game.

Thinking it’ll be like our first game up at home to Everton.

Pretty sure Vardy will score. Pretty sure it won’t be a great game. Not sure we’ll win. Probably not. 

what I am certain of is that we will soon be entering the full second wave of Covid-19 and the league will be suspended again. My guess late October, early November. 

My prediction, and I hope I’m wrong, is that this season might never be finished. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

3 days before our opening game of the new premier league season and no pre match thread, so here it is. Maybe that is indicative of the lack of enthusiasm for the new campaign for many of us. 

I dread to think what our starting lineup will be let alone how the game itself will go. Hopefully we still have enough to beat what I think will be a poor West Brom side. 

1-2 Vardy and Gray 

In fairness, there's a line-up prediction thread for the game that's been running for a few days, but I get what you mean. Contrast the present general mood on FT with the same period last season when enthusiasm and optimism was sky-high - and we were just hoping to crack top 6 at best!  

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

How does that help us for the season opener exactly? 3 points can make the difference of millions, look at last season when three more points would have gotten us a top four place.

Potentially throwing those points away by not addressing very obvious squad issues in January and not being prepared to the start of the new season is a joke. 

In honestly don’t get how you as a fan find it acceptable, seem pretty cool with sleepwalking into the season with the same crap lineup that lost us the UCL positions through injuries etc.

Have you ever thought they maybe their doing there best and things aren't that simple.

If it was every could would have amazing transfer windows!

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

0 - 0

If you look at the pre-season friendlies and, more generally, at the England Nations League it's obvious the players are nowhere near ready for the start of the season. The aim for both sides will be not to lose.

I don't get this though, it's not like they've had months off and have lost fitness. Maybe it's just a mindset thing?

I do think we'll set up negatively, 2 DMs etc. and it will be 0-0. If we went with a more attacking side then we should win, we created chances in pre-season but couldn't finish them. Do we have a finishing coach?! Need to get the sports psychologist back as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

transfer window that isn't closed for another 3 or so weeks? 

I honestly don't get why some fans are so negative. Sounds like you actually want us to lose and you get some sort of enjoyment out of it. 

I don't think anybody on here wants us to lose or gets any enjoyment from it.

However if we don't sign any more players for 3 more weeks, we may be in big trouble. We have had 14 months to bring some more quality into the squad & have failed woefully, especially regarding a centre half. This, barring Man City, is one of the easiest starts to a season we have had & badly need to get points before Europe & tougher games kick in.

The end of last season cost us dearly, mainly because we were so short of decent back up. Those problems still exist, why we have been so ponderous in addressing them beggers belief

21 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

0 - 0

If you look at the pre-season friendlies and, more generally, at the England Nations League it's obvious the players are nowhere near ready for the start of the season. The aim for both sides will be not to lose.

Tielemans, Castagne and Praet looked good to me, let's hope that's enough to pinch the points 😂