Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

2 hours ago, majaco said:

I have spotted some negativity on the forum.

We may do well tomorrow.  I would like to be more confident but decades as a Leicester fan makes it difficult.  I think I recall us being champio s of England one year even though that's impossible.

On the plus side, we have a decent keeper.  We have one of the best centre backs in the league.  We have a very promising young full-back/wing back and an international full back/wing back from the world's number one ranked country.  N'didi will be class either at centre back or in midfield.  We have two other Belgian internationals in midfield, one of whom may well control tomorrow's game.  We have one of the most exciting young wingers in the league and we have last year's golden boot at centre forward.  Beyond this, we have other able players.  Albrighton, Perez, Gray and Iheanacho all offer possibility.  Mendy is generally solid and Choudhury was being touted for England earlier this year.

It is a shame that we are unable to call upon our world class right back, our excellent experienced suspended centre back and possibly our England Iinternational creative midfielder.  It is a shame Lawro predicted a Leicester win.

It could go well tomorrow.  

Just bringing this back to the latest posts 

3 hours ago, majaco said:

We may do well tomorrow.  I would like to be more confident but decades as a Leicester fan makes it difficult.  I think I recall us being champio s of England one year even though that's impossible.

On the plus side, we have a decent keeper.  We have one of the best centre backs in the league.  We have a very promising young full-back/wing back and an international full back/wing back from the world's number one ranked country.  N'didi will be class either at centre back or in midfield.  We have two other Belgian internationals in midfield, one of whom may well control tomorrow's game.  We have one of the most exciting young wingers in the league and we have last year's golden boot at centre forward.  Beyond this, we have other able players.  Albrighton, Perez, Gray and Iheanacho all offer possibility.  Mendy is generally solid and Choudhury was being touted for England earlier this year.

It is a shame that we are unable to call upon our world class right back, our excellent experienced suspended centre back and possibly our England Iinternational creative midfielder.  It is a shame Lawro predicted a Leicester win.

Stop being so negative!

36 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I don’t get how any fans can be excited when we’ve not looked like a decent side since then end of December. 

Are you aware of the line of thought that positivity/optimism vs negativity/pessimism is actually your choice? 

5-3 vs man u, nobody could have predicted it, it was a real "I was there/where were you when...." moment. 

These are the days we live for. Why we daren't miss a match, because this could be the one. 

I was also there when we lost 5-0 to Bolton opening game, when we went into it with optimism, which for me,  is the exception that proves the rule, that mindset is by and large, a personal choice. 

Disclaimer - I've been a regular on the depression thread and been on anti depressants for 25 years, but you have proven to me that there is always someone worse off than you (miserable, negative etc. Etc. 

Much love 🤣😘

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Rodgers post match. “I thought we played well after a slow start, we just didn’t take our chances. and our final ball was not quite there. I felt we were comfortable and deserved a point. We had intensity and I thought they were very good. They’ve got good players and a good manager, we’re missing key players and we will work hard on the training ground to put things right” . Why did you take Kelechi off when he was our best player? “I felt his touch wasn’t quite there so I brought on Nampalys who kept the ball well and did very well passing it backwards so we kept possession..... 

That's spookily going to be about spot on I fear!

5 hours ago, majaco said:

I admire your enthusiasm I really do, but I also ask where the evidence is of us turning our horrid form around? We’re still injury hit, we’re stuck horribly short on numbers and we seem to still be playing without confidence. Tomorrow could go well, but it just seems like all the ingredients are present to form a recipe for disaster. 

59 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Rodgers post match. “I thought we played well after a slow start, we just didn’t take our chances. and our final ball was not quite there. I felt we were comfortable and deserved a point. We had intensity and I thought they were very good. They’ve got good players and a good manager, we’re missing key players and we will work hard on the training ground to put things right” . Why did you take Kelechi off when he was our best player? “I felt his touch wasn’t quite there so I brought on Nampalys who kept the ball well and did very well passing it backwards so we kept possession..... 

You’ve broken in to steal his script, surely. That’s bang on 😂

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

You’ve broken in to steal his script, surely. That’s bang on 😂

Oxton is the mole, leaking team news and nicking Brendan's scripts. 

• Haha 1