Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

29 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If he's targeting frustration at people, he should be looking at himself bbefore other people. His team flunked a 14point CL gap.

Which does prove if you take away our established first 11 our reserves and young kids are simply not up to Premier League quality.  As has been said if we dont buy a central defender, a striker or right winger, a forward passing ball winning midfielder we are quite frankly doomed.

3 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Which does prove if you take away our established first 11 our reserves and young kids are simply not up to Premier League quality.  As has been said if we dont buy a central defender, a striker or right winger, a forward passing ball winning midfielder we are quite frankly doomed.

I wouldn't say doomed. We have some good young players coming through, The situation presents an opportunity for any one of them to step up and make a name for themselves.  Yes they have a mistake in them at this level but they are elite footballers growing into their careers. They'll be well tutored as to how we play, so it's really up to them now to kick on. I know he's a first team player now but I think Harvey will be much better this season.

I think this is a must win game to settle everyone's nerves ( Fans included ) while we find our feet and bring in a few new players.

If we can manage 10 points from the first four that would be a great start. But it's never that easy.

Onwards and Upwards we go.

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Looked like a man frustrated and wonder if he's working out when it's time to walk. Not met Top, and no funds, looked pretty p**ssed off to me, and club haven't delivered what he was promised when he came?

I'd imagine his insane new salary has prevented more spending. 

9 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Only this forum,who also thought we would be relegation fodder,in our title season....

I want to see this forum start to actually support their Club and team...or r have Forest fans took over...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Looked like a man frustrated and wonder if he's working out when it's time to walk. Not met Top, and no funds, looked pretty p**ssed off to me, and club haven't delivered what he was promised when he came?

I think the world has changed a little bit since then, considering that travel forms a major part part of King Powers income.

• Like 1

Any of us hoping for a confidence boosting opening weekend win may want to take in the statistic below... that said, if we do win tomorrow, maybe that suggests we have a 50/50 chance of winning the league?

The Foxes have won their opening match in only two of their 14 Premier League campaigns: 1-0 against Aston Villa in 1997-98 and 4-2 versus Sunderland in 2015-16.

Source, BBC Sport: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54045209

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

45 minutes ago, Royston. said:

West Brom will need to be proper shit for us to beat them. I'd say they probably couldnt have hoped for a better first game.

You're right they are proper shit.

Overall one of the poorest trio of teams to come up from the Champs for a few years, so I'd expect us to do to these what Arsenal are doing to Fulham today. 

• Like 2

I think we have a good chance tomorrow, I thought we played really well against Utd and made it a close game, I was calling for N'didi at CB then instead of Wes who just isn't quick enough in the big games and I think he'll do okay. If anything it may be a bore draw but I think we'll do okay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

West Brom will need to be proper shit for us to beat them. I'd say they probably couldnt have hoped for a better first game.

We've lost to worse teams - I'll cite Norwich as example A.

Despite promotion WBA didn't set the Championship alight and yes, we should have more than enough talent and experience to win tomorrow, unfortunately, it doesn't always work as straightforward as that.

It’s not the names on the paper that worry me... it’s our form and our bottle. I just feel any team who wants it more than us at the moment will beat us, and I think they will want it more and therefore will win. I just hope we don’t get thrashed as it could be particularly damaging. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

While I'm not exactly excited for the season to begin tomorrow, I do expect that we'll win 3-1.

Barnes, Maddison, Vardy.

Pereira for WBA.

Good on ya.  I'm in for a 1-2 away win on the NBC Sports predictor.  How can Vardy not score at the Hawthorns?

I thought WBA were weakest up front, but they seem to have concerns over the back line coping.

Harvey Barnes admits that he doesn’t know what to expect from his former club. “Of course, we know it’s going to be a difficult game,” Barnes said. “They’re newly promoted so you don’t always know what to expect, but we’re going there confident and we’ll be looking to pick up a win.

Normally you have to deal with the crowd at a newly-promoted club as well as the team. If we play our game and put in the sort of performance that we know we can do, then we should do well.”

No West Brom fan needs telling that he’s going to be a threat this weekend and while we’ll be glad to see Barnes back at The Hawthorns – we hope that Bilic’s defence can find a way to keep him quiet.

Leicester have some very pacey players in their attack while West Brom’s defence, on the whole, is quite slow.

That leads us to believe that Darnell Furlong could start at right-back with Semi Ajayi definitely starting at centre-back as they’re the two fastest defenders in the squad.

Dara O’Shea isn’t the slowest and neither is Cedric Kipre but they lack crucial Premier League experience so one of Kyle Bartley or Ahmed Hegazi could start alongside Ajayi at centre-back with Kieran Gibbs on the left-hand side of the back-four.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/09/11/harvey-barnes-makes-admission-about-west-brom-ahead-of-clash-v-leicester/

Edited by KingsX

I’d be happy with 2 points from the first 3 games! Squads in poor form, injuries and crap wingers bar Barnes who isn’t consistent at all. We need 4 more quality signings desperately. Also Maddison isn’t a starter. His stats are poor and can’t play on the wing. Tieliemans looks a class above when he has that free role. Unfortunately Rodgers is like the majority of managers. Too scared to make that call and would only do it if Maddison is injured. Luckily he isn’t 100% but unfortunately if we had a good start he’d still drop Youri back alongside Ndidi to accommodate Maddison! 

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

I’d be happy with 2 points from the first 3 games! Squads in poor form, injuries and crap wingers bar Barnes who isn’t consistent at all. We need 4 more quality signings desperately. Also Maddison isn’t a starter. His stats are poor and can’t play on the wing. Tieliemans looks a class above when he has that free role. Unfortunately Rodgers is like the majority of managers. Too scared to make that call and would only do it if Maddison is injured. Luckily he isn’t 100% but unfortunately if we had a good start he’d still drop Youri back alongside Ndidi to accommodate Maddison! 

what positions do we need

Edited by NasPb