Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't think so, He was excellent last week apart from 1 mistake and done very well on loan with Peterborough, where he played mostly in midfield.

If we wanted to sell him he'd be gone by now.

Sometimes you have to take a chance with young players as we done with Soyuncu last summer.

The quality he was up against was utterly dreadful though... 

I'll be surprised if we play a back 3. Think it will be: 

Kasper

Castagne    Wilf    Cags     JJ

Mendy

YT                 DP

Gray          Vardy            Barnes

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Evans, Soyuncu, New CB*, Benkovic and Morgan will all be ahead of him so i expected him to be loaned out to a championship side. 

Well Rogers today has said he expects Benkovic to go out on loan and we don't even know if we are after a new centre back (yes there are loads of rumours but nothing from the club) this time last season no one was really expecting Soyunchu to be basically the first name on the team sheet by the end of the season. They must see something in Knight he has been at the club over half his life. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Haven't noticed much transfer activity by WBA. Pretty much their Championship starters? 

More or Less... they've signed three of their loan signings on perms, wingers on either side in Perreira and Diangana.

Got Callum Robinson in yesterday as a striker... again, a loan signing from last season.

Kipre (former LCFC) in from Wigan as their only spend that they didn't already have.

They've also lost Ferguson and Krovinovic who were key to them last term

Edited by AjcW

16 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I'll be surprised if we play a back 3. Think it will be: 

Kasper

Castagne    Wilf    Cags     JJ

Mendy

YT                 DP

Gray          Vardy            Barnes

I like that line up, It looks solid at the back when needed,  But flexible enough to push on when in possession.

I'd also start Gray, if he cannot be ready and up for it against West Brom then he's struggling again.

• Like 1

Interesting that people are suggesting Thomas should start but Knight isn't up to it.  My thinking is the opposite for now.  Long term, Thomas could be a top player.  Right now Knight's competitive experience means he has to be a contender.  I would rather see him at cb than Morgan currently.  N'didi may be a better centre back than Knight, but I would rather he be in midfield.  There is little between Knight and Justin at cb;  I think Justin, along with Castagne is needed at rb or left back.  Our back 5 could be Justin, Castagne, Soyuncu, Knight and N'didi.  If we play four at the back, N'didi can play dm, if we play with a back, N'didi can advance.

Thomas on the bench

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it will be 

Kasper

JJ.        Wilf.       Cags

timmy.         Papy  Hamza.          Thomas

YT.                    DP

vards               Barnes 

I like it, but I don't think we'd get away with it.

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it will be 

Kasper

The officials might spot our twelfth player...

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Well Rogers today has said he expects Benkovic to go out on loan and we don't even know if we are after a new centre back (yes there are loads of rumours but nothing from the club) this time last season no one was really expecting Soyunchu to be basically the first name on the team sheet by the end of the season. They must see something in Knight he has been at the club over half his life. 

I think it's safe to say we are after a new centre-half.

22 minutes ago, majaco said:

Interesting that people are suggesting Thomas should start but Knight isn't up to it.  My thinking is the opposite for now.  Long term, Thomas could be a top player.  Right now Knight's competitive experience means he has to be a contender.  I would rather see him at cb than Morgan currently.  N'didi may be a better centre back than Knight, but I would rather he be in midfield.  There is little between Knight and Justin at cb;  I think Justin, along with Castagne is needed at rb or left back.  Our back 5 could be Justin, Castagne, Soyuncu, Knight and N'didi.  If we play four at the back, N'didi can play dm, if we play with a back, N'didi can advance.

Thomas on the bench

I think people have Thomas in their starting 11 because there is literally no one else...

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I think it will be 

Kasper

I'm not convinced myself.

5 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

What so Benkovic is injured again? Is he ever not? I give up, although clearly BR already gave up on him a while ago.

Is Knight ready to play in the PL? If he doesn’t who else is there? Amartey?

Wilf will almost certainly play CB on Sunday. Benkovic for whatever reason does just not seem to be in favour with BR at present.

Edited by Silva Fox

4 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

What so Benkovic is injured again? Is he ever not? I give up, although clearly BR already gave up on him a while ago.

Is Knight ready to play in the PL? If he doesn’t who else is there? Amartey?

Amartey, Darnell Johnson (Already been on the bench for Prem match) and Ndidi may play in that position.

tbf, we should be alright with this, only for the WBA match though.

7 hours ago, goose2010 said:

transfer window that isn't closed for another 3 or so weeks? 

I honestly don't get why some fans are so negative. Sounds like you actually want us to lose and you get some sort of enjoyment out of it. 

Not really if Morgan is starting on first day of the season and even playing match 2 or 3 that is a massive **** up in squad management for a club that has top 6 ambitions. Morgan would not start for any other premier league team age has caught up with him.

He is our best ever captain but doesn't mean that we should be glad that he's starting games for us. 

• Like 2