Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Whip round for Gary!!

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

At least he's taken a pay cut.

Never understood why people get so angry about what others get paid.

Also considering he had a whip round himself to save the club I think this thread is in bad taste. Thanks.

I agree, but i thinkt he case here is that it's being funded by taxpayers money

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Nice pay rise for Zoe Ball though. 

I don't understand the hike in pay for someone who is on radio pretty much exclusively and is mainly a radio presenter, and pretty poor at that. It can only be the beeb trying to equalise pay gap. Fair enough but why Zoe Ball? That said, Gary only does about 5 hours of BBC per week and is also handsomely paid (I imagine) by BT sports as well.

25 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I agree, but i thinkt he case here is that it's being funded by taxpayers money

Everyone's wages are funded by tax payers money. Most also by people who aren't tax payers. At least he's only taking money from people who can afford to pay tax.

39 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I don't understand the hike in pay for someone who is on radio pretty much exclusively and is mainly a radio presenter, and pretty poor at that. It can only be the beeb trying to equalise pay gap. Fair enough but why Zoe Ball? That said, Gary only does about 5 hours of BBC per week and is also handsomely paid (I imagine) by BT sports as well.

I thought her breakfast show ratings had fallen 

37 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Only if you watch anything live or want to use BBC iPlayer I thought?

Bit more complicated then that, also you can be liable for not having a license if you have an app installed on any device that’s capable of receiving a live broadcast 

When don’t I need a licence to watch TV?

You don’t need a TV Licence if you never watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel, or live on an online TV service, and you never download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.

This applies to any provider or device you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or Blu-ray/DVD/VHS recorder.

Edited by jammie82uk

11 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah she’s lost as many listeners as the amount of money BBC gave in her pay rise 

Probably cause she's a woman and they took so much stick for not paying women well.