Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Whip round for Gary!!

You all want to Live in a Democratic Capitalist society, your aspirations are of ones own life's progress & developent...or Take life easy & cruise through your days...

I dont know then why some people are concerned on what other people earn...

If you find it disgusting....lets all go on the Revolution wagon, and Charge into the Feel free Freedom of Anarchy.!!!!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

I dont know then why some people are concerned on what other people earn

Because they are paid out of a pretty much guarenteed national fund. No one would bat an eye if he was raking in millions off sky.

The bbc shouldn't be used in such a way, it sits without peer and doesn't have to compete with other services. Imo, it should be used to give opportunities to up and coming talents and provide a steady stream of people into other services. How many young actors/news readers etc etc would love an opportunity for a shot at a bbc show. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Because they are paid out of a pretty much guarenteed national fund. No one would bat an eye if he was raking in millions off sky.

The bbc shouldn't be used in such a way, it sits without peer and doesn't have to compete with other services. Imo, it should be used to give opportunities to up and coming talents and provide a steady stream of people into other services. How many young actors/news readers etc etc would love an opportunity for a shot at a bbc show. 

Do you think BBC is just BBC1 and BBC2?

When you say doesn't compete with other services, you do know there are other channels, streaming services, music platforms etc as well, right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Do you think BBC is just BBC1 and BBC2?

When you say doesn't compete with other services, you do know there are other channels, streaming services, music platforms etc as well, right? 

Yes, all of which have to earn their funds. Either through attracting advertisers or a subscription service.

When I say BBC sit without peer, I mean they have a guarenteed income. :doh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Why don’t you house a refugee they said? Then when he does, it’s why don’t you house a homeless veteran instead. Then when he takes a pay cut, it’s not enough for others. Of course he has a bit of an ego, wouldn’t you if you were in his shoes. But you have to hand it to the bloke. 

He could find a covid vaccine, cure malaria, reverse climate change and win England the World Cup and people will still hate him for being a bit of an outspoken ‘leftie liberal’. 

Jesus wept, has Gary Lineker become the wet leftie messiah now? lol Literally the same shit chat Trump fans use

23 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Why..Top People & organisations,have always pulled the Financial strings ,public or private.The linekers the panels,documentries,Actors..etc are just well paid spend in their game of power...

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why..Top People & organisations,have always pulled the Financial strings ,public or private.The linekers the panels,documentries,Actors..etc are just well paid spend in their game of power...

Because the BBC doesn't need top people. Who gives a monkey who hosts MOTD, I'd still tune in if it was a random on £40k/year.

I'm there for the highlights, not Gary. 

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Because the BBC doesn't need top people. Who gives a monkey who hosts MOTD, I'd still tune in if it was a random on £40k/year.

You wouldn't though would you? People moan about presenters and pundits all the time. 

You're telling me you'd enjoy watching the likes of Crooks and Jenas every single week? Of course, mainly, it's about the highlights but a good team make the programme (like any programme). Otherwise news anchors and presenters would just be picked off from the streets.

I’m surprised MOTD still gets so many viewers. You can see highlights and goals pretty much instantly nowadays whether that’s on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or the sky sports app. 

I preferred MOTD in the 90’s as a child, I would only need to ignore the news & teletext and I’d be able to watch MOTD not knowing any of the scores. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

But neither you or I ,are Part of the presentation & Marketing process, even as shrewd viewers/customers....

Like when he was when he was one of the heads of the consortium that helped as he LCFC all of those years ago, him and financial greed aren't a good match..

Imagine if he refused a salary deduction, the salary was kept as it was before and he continued to be on-air at the BBC? - There'd be critics left, right and centre; let alone some of the reaction from some on this forum.

To be fair, he needs an ego to host and follow-through such a highly-popular football show well in order to keep the audience entertained - look at Jeff Stelling on Gillette Soccer Special; he can both be humorous and other things to keep the 'banter' etc flowing during the programme.

Whilst Sue Barker, Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell have all been blown out from A Question of Sport, Old Big Ears is not only still minting it on Match of the Day, but he's also there for another 5 years. Not bad, considering he doesn't even present the Sunday edition of the show. Personally, I'd prefer to see someone like Gabby Logan presenting it, some different pundits, less of the pointless chat/analysis, a different theme tune and a change of name for the programme itself. The name Match of the Day implies one match - the best - not every PL match played that day.

12 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Christ, this Lineker love in is nauseating.

He was born in Leicester, he won promotion with Leicester, he won the top divison golden Boot with Leicester, He's the clubs 7th highest scorer of all time. He's Englands 3rd highest scorer of all time. He a huge fan and bigs the club up at every opportunity on TV. 

Perhaps you shouldn't be too surprised of sickened by love for him on a Leicester City supporters board. 

• Like 2