Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

4 hours ago, Mark_w said:

What grounds do you have for claiming you have a ‘corrupt voting system’? Is there any evidence for that that isn’t anecdotal?

Just as much grounds as you do that it isn't. Do your own research. Google works very well.

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Just as much grounds as you do that it isn't. Do your own research. Google works very well.

So you don't have any then?

I'm not going to question the legitimacy of a foreign countries election unless there's some grounds to do so. If you think there is evidence why can't you share it with the class?

4 hours ago, Mark_w said:

What grounds do you have for claiming you have a ‘corrupt voting system’? Is there any evidence for that that isn’t anecdotal?

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

What makes you think they aren't being counted properly?  It seems to me you're running on a lot of assumptions and deciding to disbelieve anything that doesn't support them.

A good place to start but takes some time investment.https://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_semper_tyrannis/2020/11/algorithms-computers-and-elections.html

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I thought you said you looked deeper into information?  Here's the deeper info.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Probably best not to question the impartiality of the people who put in a lot of hard work to make your democracy work then.

You'd be dead wrong if you thought that was the end of my questioning of my government or the systems by which it runs.

Its not even close to being a democracy. Believe what you must. Impartiality:filbert_2:

@SO1 is actually desperate for Trump to win and is passing in his desperate conspiracy theory. Whether they're doing it deliberately or have been sucked in by the echo chambers and doesn't want to admit it, again who knows.

Of course I have no evidence that SO is desperate for Trump to win, but the evidence is out there. Google it, do your own research.

However, I am rapidly withdrawing my lawsuits in various states which have been trying to prove my ridiculous theorem, because I have absolutely no proof. So, uh, maybe SO doesn't want Trump to win. I'll keep saying it anyway, because why not mine my supporters for more $$$.

Either way, again as per this thread and the Corona thread, I don't know why we allow this kind of crackpot, unfounded and baseless stuff to be posted. Can corrupt the mind of those who are easily corrupted. Look what it results in.

Edited by Footballwipe

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

You'd be dead wrong if you thought that was the end of my questioning of my government or the systems by which it runs.

Its not even close to being a democracy. Believe what you must. Impartiality:filbert_2:

Your confidence, given the only evidence you've provided has been debunked, is very impressive.

3 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Your confidence, given the only evidence you've provided has been debunked, is very impressive 

I've lived here my whole life. What I see happening in my country upsets me. Election fraud is just a small part of the corruption that exists in my country. It's why we can't have nice things like Affordable Health Care for all of our citizens.

6 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

@SO1 is actually desperate for Trump to win and is passing in his desperate conspiracy theory. Whether they're doing it deliberately or have been sucked in by the echo chambers and doesn't want to admit it, again who knows.

Of course I have no evidence that SO is desperate for Trump to win, but the evidence is out there. Google it, do your own research.

However, I am rapidly withdrawing my lawsuits in various states which have been trying to prove my ridiculous theorem, because I have absolutely no proof. So, uh, maybe SO doesn't want Trump to win. I'll keep saying it anyway, because why not mine my supporters for more $$$.

Either way, again as per this thread and the Corona thread, I don't know why we allow this kind of crackpot, unfounded and baseless stuff to be posted. Can corrupt the mind of those who are easily corrupted. Look what it results in.

Yes. I Love "the Donald" and want to have his Love Child:wub:. Curious how things are getting personal for you? Do you actually live in the states?   "The Purity Test"  Interesting that you want to silence me and my opinions. Says much about who you are as a person.  This is a forum of opinions and ideas after all. I respect your opinions even if I don't agree with them.

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

I've lived here my whole life. What I see happening in my country upsets me. Election fraud is just a small part of the corruption that exists in my country. It's why we can't have nice things like Affordable Health Care for all of our citizens.

i hear you but would point out that whilst all US govts may well be 'corrupt' (aren't all govts to an extent), having one which doesn't go out to deliberately set one half of the people against the other half and not dis associate itself from violence etc would surely be a better option???

• Like 2

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/has-never-happened-deadlocked-board-largest-michigan-county-refuses-certify-nov-3-vote

So happy to be living in a Banana Republic. Went back to the story 15 minutes later and they (Repubs)changed their mind and decided to certify the election(Biden) for Wayne County/Detroit. What an absolute Shxxshow.

Edited by SO1

From an outsider looking in, I’d say it looks liken Trump is clutching at straws with this election. 

I personally think he’s handled some things well during his time in office, which comes from him being a business man first and foremost. Unfortunately he’s been too divisive and has never tried to really win those that opposed him. In some situations, he’s actively poured fuel on the fire and made situations much more difficult. His handling or Corona has been nothing short of appalling.

The fact that he spoke about putting bleach into the body to get rid of Corona, whilst it might have been tongue in cheek and a joke, you can’t speak like that as a politician. 

I mean it seems pretty clear that he's now just keeping this going so he can keep grifting money from the members of his cult to pay his debts and legal bills. It'll pivot to being the Trump 2024 fund at some point and the idiots will keep giving him money.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2020 at 21:09, Mark_w said:

Probably best not to question the impartiality of the people who put in a lot of hard work to make your democracy work then.

Sounds like you should have addressed this comment to the (hopefully) outgoing President.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54982360

"Donald Trump says he has fired a top election official who contradicted the US president's claims of voter fraud. President Trump said he "terminated" Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (Cisa) chief Chris Krebs for his "highly inaccurate" remarks on vote integrity. Like many others fired by Mr Trump, Mr Krebs reportedly only learned he was out of a job when he saw the president's tweet on Tuesday.

He had reportedly incurred the White House's displeasure over a Cisa website called Rumor Control, which debunked election misinformation, much of it amplified by the president himself".

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Sounds like you should have addressed this comment to the (hopefully) outgoing President.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54982360

"Donald Trump says he has fired a top election official who contradicted the US president's claims of voter fraud. President Trump said he "terminated" Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (Cisa) chief Chris Krebs for his "highly inaccurate" remarks on vote integrity. Like many others fired by Mr Trump, Mr Krebs reportedly only learned he was out of a job when he saw the president's tweet on Tuesday.

He had reportedly incurred the White House's displeasure over a Cisa website called Rumor Control, which debunked election misinformation, much of it amplified by the president himself".

Let's make no bones about it, the USA has been on the fascism knife edge for a while now under Trump.  It's scary how effective his tactics have been in convincing a huge amount of people in his country to support his anti-reality, anti-democratic behaviour.  Gives you a whole new perspective on 1930's Germany.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Let's make no bones about it, the USA has been on the fascism knife edge for a while now under Trump.  It's scary how effective his tactics have been in convincing a huge amount of people in his country to support his anti-reality, anti-democratic behaviour.  Gives you a whole new perspective on 1930's Germany.

Yep. 70m+ people or almost half the voters in a developed, educated nation voting for the "anti-reality, anti-democratic" candidate is pretty scary alright.

Particularly when you throw in the fact that he doubtless lost a few million potential votes due to his mishandling of Covid. I presume that he'd have definitely won if it hadn't been for the pandemic?

The whole point of remembering the history of Nazi Germany should be that it COULD happen again and could happen anywhere, including developed western nations if the combination of circumstances is favourable.

Apart from a minority of lunkheads, they seem to get that in Germany but there's still too much of a tendency in this country to see it as history detached from the present or German exceptionalism. To think that "it couldn't happen here".

Well, it could happen here - and it clearly could happen in the USA, and might still, either in the next couple of months or in 2024 if Biden becomes president but then becomes unpopular for whatever reason.

What are the "circumstances favourable" to Trump? Widespread inequality and insecurity? Mistrust of the establishment? Subliminal or overt racism in some cases? Fear and mistrust due to there being too much information to know the truth, particularly due to misinformation via social media and its active promotion by the likes of Trump?

So far, fingers crossed, US democracy seems to be creaking but holding on. Trump's court cases to rubbish the election result don't seem to have got anywhere so far.

It's going to be a moment of truth when the states assemble their electoral colleges, though.....will Trumpian Republicans in any states that voted Biden seek to ignore the vote and send delegates to vote Trump back in? :dunno:

It seems that the best case scenario is that nothing like that happens and Biden eventually takes over - but with a large minority of the country seeing it as the stolen election of an illegitimate president after Trump spends 2 months rubbishing the democratic process and Biden's legitimacy as a sort of scorched earth policy. Biden then has to somehow make enough of a go of the next 4 years to forestall a victory by Trump or a Trump heir in 2024....despite probably not controlling Congress, and facing constant obstruction in Congress, in the courts, at state level and possibly in the streets.......and that's the OPTIMISTIC scenario without the corruption of the electoral college, Supreme Court, new Defence appointments, militias etc. "Scary" indeed!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yep. 70m+ people or almost half the voters in a developed, educated nation voting for the "anti-reality, anti-democratic" candidate is pretty scary alright.

Particularly when you throw in the fact that he doubtless lost a few million potential votes due to his mishandling of Covid. I presume that he'd have definitely won if it hadn't been for the pandemic?

The whole point of remembering the history of Nazi Germany should be that it COULD happen again and could happen anywhere, including developed western nations if the combination of circumstances is favourable.

Apart from a minority of lunkheads, they seem to get that in Germany but there's still too much of a tendency in this country to see it as history detached from the present or German exceptionalism. To think that "it couldn't happen here".

Well, it could happen here - and it clearly could happen in the USA, and might still, either in the next couple of months or in 2024 if Biden becomes president but then becomes unpopular for whatever reason.

What are the "circumstances favourable" to Trump? Widespread inequality and insecurity? Mistrust of the establishment? Subliminal or overt racism in some cases? Fear and mistrust due to there being too much information to know the truth, particularly due to misinformation via social media and its active promotion by the likes of Trump?

So far, fingers crossed, US democracy seems to be creaking but holding on. Trump's court cases to rubbish the election result don't seem to have got anywhere so far.

It's going to be a moment of truth when the states assemble their electoral colleges, though.....will Trumpian Republicans in any states that voted Biden seek to ignore the vote and send delegates to vote Trump back in? :dunno:

It seems that the best case scenario is that nothing like that happens and Biden eventually takes over - but with a large minority of the country seeing it as the stolen election of an illegitimate president after Trump spends 2 months rubbishing the democratic process and Biden's legitimacy as a sort of scorched earth policy. Biden then has to somehow make enough of a go of the next 4 years to forestall a victory by Trump or a Trump heir in 2024....despite probably not controlling Congress, and facing constant obstruction in Congress, in the courts, at state level and possibly in the streets.......and that's the OPTIMISTIC scenario without the corruption of the electoral college, Supreme Court, new Defence appointments, militias etc. "Scary" indeed!

Yeah that's all pretty much spot on.  And to make matters worse his rhetoric seems to have caught on with many overseas too.  It makes me proud that as a nation we gave him the big middle finger.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SO1 said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/has-never-happened-deadlocked-board-largest-michigan-county-refuses-certify-nov-3-vote

So happy to be living in a Banana Republic. Went back to the story 15 minutes later and they (Repubs)changed their mind and decided to certify the election(Biden) for Wayne County/Detroit. What an absolute Shxxshow.

Let's call that out for what it is. A racist effort by two Republican beaurocrats to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of Wayne county voters because they're black and overwhelmingly voted for Biden. If you need more proof of that, look at their public facebook pages: 

https://www.facebook.com/handidude2000