Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I'm sure that's what he's angling for, the Nixonesque route.

But is there a reason for the powers that be to be inclined to give it to him?

I guess it depends how many he threatens to pardon if he doesn’t get his way ??  the country is in the midst of a terrible situation and trumps actions over the next months could cost thousands of lives .....he knows what cards he has left to play and he knows the stakes for him are v high - it’s nothing to do with winning this election ...... he needs to avoid any damaging court cases to be able to fight again  in four years .....

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Whether it was yesterday or a week ago, why on earth does he think he deserves the remotest bit of credit?

He’s not asking for credit (well he probably is) - his post is that if this were released last Monday then a proportion of the voters may have decided to vote for him on the basis that the end is in sight and it becomes all about the economy ..... he just sees everything as being against him ...... I suspect he must be a Liverpool supporter .....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He’s not asking for credit (well he probably is) - his post is that if this were released last Monday then a proportion of the voters may have decided to vote for him on the basis that the end is in sight and it becomes all about the economy ..... he just sees everything as being against him ...... I suspect he must be a Liverpool supporter .....

Certainly seems like he's angling for credit to me :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Whether it was yesterday or a week ago, why on earth does he think he deserves the remotest bit of credit?

Ego.

Pure, unabashed, self centred ego.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I guess it depends how many he threatens to pardon if he doesn’t get his way ??  the country is in the midst of a terrible situation and trumps actions over the next months could cost thousands of lives .....he knows what cards he has left to play and he knows the stakes for him are v high - it’s nothing to do with winning this election ...... he needs to avoid any damaging court cases to be able to fight again  in four years .....

I totally agree. However, I don't think he has a leg to stand on when it comes to that because, as above, it's all about him, and going ahead with as many pardons as he likes won't actually get him what he wants - in fact, the more antagonistic he is as a lame duck, the more motivated the powers that be will be to nail him to the wall when the time comes.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He does on there - he’s starting early for 2024 ! 

After 4 years of Biden (well 1 year of Biden until Harris replaces him) I think the Americans will be begging Trump to come back.

32 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What's he said that's so wrong there? He's questioned her opinion, she's called sexism out of nowhere and he's clarified its not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cujek said:

After 4 years of Biden (well 1 year of Biden until Harris replaces him) I think the Americans will be begging Trump to come back.

Are there really that many people that bereft of foresight and empathy that they are willing to commit a billion people in other places to starvation and thirst in the next few decades in part because of the actions of this Trump administration and a future one?

Actually, don't answer that.

4 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Uhm....

I'm not sure if I should be laughing at the level of delusion or a bit worried that the Secretary of State of the most powerful nation on the planet is actually pushing a legislative coup d'etat.

Possibly a bit of both.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bovril said:

someone tell me why i'm supposed to give a shit who Joe Biden telephones

Had Biden left Boris well down the phoning pecking order, the narrative would've been:

- BIDEN SNUBS BORIS

- NEW US PRESIDENT NO FRIEND OF BORIS

- OUR USELESS PRIME MINISTER MEANS NOTHING TO BIDEN

etc etc

Of course it doesn't hugely matter either way but each side have/would spin it for their own ends

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

lol

Need to register to read that story so I don't know if it contains the suggestion that's been circulating this morning that the guy in question received $130,000 from Republican donors, in case anyone was wondering what motive he could possibly have had

• Like 1