Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

24 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Is there a Democrat website which shows the opposite viewpoint ?  

im intrigued why a republican run state (as Georgia is) would allow loads of ‘dodgy ballots’ for Biden to be counted ???

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is there a Democrat website which shows the opposite viewpoint ?  

im intrigued why a republican run state (as Georgia is) would allow loads of ‘dodgy ballots’ for Biden to be counted ???

Sorry I can't get it to post as a live link.      

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-vote-discrepancies-reconciled-on-last-day-of-recount/NB7BD5L5F5F4NI43H2YSS6LMLA/

I'll give Trump a few weeks but if this is the best he can do then its time to concede. Story basically says the other story I posted is way overblown.

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-vote-discrepancies-reconciled-on-last-day-of-recount/NB7BD5L5F5F4NI43H2YSS6LMLA/

I'll give Trump a few weeks but if this is the best he can do then its time to concede. Story basically says the other story I posted is way overblown.

Which was basically my point - a republican website is going to be finding every issue re undercounting trump/over counting Biden and highlighting them, irrespective of context ..... Where do you look for an unbiased newsfeed ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Look deeper.  Follow the tweet that articles uses as its source.

Like ships in the night:). The Atlanta constitution article essentially posts the same thing. Same as I posted to St Albens. If Trump comes up with nothing in the next couple weeks he's gone.

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Like ships in the night:). The Atlanta constitution article essentially posts the same thing. Same as I posted to St Albens. If Trump comes up with nothing in the next couple weeks he's gone.

Of course he will not come up with anything. It's clear as day he never really meant this. It's all show of defiance to go out with his own perceived reputation intact and go in with the 'I was cheated' rhetoric in four years' time.

8 minutes ago, shen said:

Of course he will not come up with anything. It's clear as day he never really meant this. It's all show of defiance to go out with his own perceived reputation intact and go in with the 'I was cheated' rhetoric in four years' time.

I wonder if he would bother . Whats he going to do in 4 years knowing he cant run again in 2028? The republican party needs someone to run who can put in a 8 year job and get the agenda implemented 

25 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Its already time to concede, in fact its well over due.

Now I'm going to get really crazy here and post a hypothesis about what I think is really going on.:) I'm sure posters here have heard the phrase "Deep State".  This was explained to me as the un-elected bureaucrats in Washington who maintain their jobs and power year after year no matter who gets elected president. Think Defense, CIA, State Dept. and other intelligence agencies etc.. These people obviously hold a serious amount of power considering the adversity towards Trump from the moment he was elected. Clinton was the "deep state" choice make no mistake about it. The deep state are pissed and they want their pound of flesh for what they consider is a wasted 4 years of not getting the government policy they want. I don't think, as the poll numbers showed before the election, that anyone was predicting the race to be this close. I think Trump is using the power of his position to negotiate an exit from office so that he and his family can conduct some sort of normal life (aka keep his businesses and stay out of jail). If the deep state won't negotiate and let him leave office peacefully he could burn the country down. 

Don't worry I'm pretty sure soon enough he'll concede "for the good of the country" :appl:Once he makes a better deal.

Edited by SO1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Which was basically my point - a republican website is going to be finding every issue re undercounting trump/over counting Biden and highlighting them, irrespective of context ..... Where do you look for an unbiased newsfeed ? 

There are none. I have to read different articles and trust my gut. That's the sad state of journalism. No unbiased news.

As If there ever was.

21 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Now I'm going to get really crazy here and post a hypothesis about what I think is really going on.:) I'm sure posters here have heard the phrase "Deep State".  This was explained to me as the un-elected bureaucrats in Washington who maintain their jobs and power year after year no matter who gets elected president. Think Defense, CIA, State Dept. and other intelligence agencies etc.. These people obviously hold a serious amount of power considering the adversity towards Trump from the moment he was elected. Clinton was the "deep state" choice make no mistake about it. The deep state are pissed and they want their pound of flesh for what they consider is a wasted 4 years of not getting the government policy they want. I don't think, as the poll numbers showed before the election, that anyone was predicting the race to be this close. I think Trump is using the power of his position to negotiate an exit from office so that he and his family can conduct some sort of normal life (aka keep his businesses and stay out of jail). If the deep state won't negotiate and let him leave office peacefully he could burn the country down. 

Don't worry I'm pretty sure soon enough he'll concede "for the good of the country" :appl:Once he makes a better deal.

image.png.ee2ec86ed4c2d1f16a3a23812b73c23f.pngimage.png.ee2ec86ed4c2d1f16a3a23812b73c23f.png

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

It’s all about “The Company” :ph34r:

On 16/11/2020 at 20:33, That_Dude said:

For a winning side the Democrats are doing a great job of telling the other side they are all ****ing idiots.  It's not exactly a recipe for uniting a divided country is it?  See also Michelle Obama's comments about moving on with the other side even if they were based on lies and bullshit.  

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

AKA I'm balls deep in right-wing conspiracies and I desperately don't want "my guy" and his family to potentially face charges for any alleged crimes that may (or may not) come to light when he concedes, so I'll plug the "deep state."

You're embarrassing yourself mate, seriously lol 

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

For a winning side the Democrats are doing a great job of telling the other side they are all ****ing idiots.  It's not exactly a recipe for uniting a divided country is it?  See also Michelle Obama's comments about moving on with the other side even if they were based on lies and bullshit.  

There is something of a schism between the Dems right now, the idealists who want to rapport and move on, and the cynics who think the vast majority of the Repubs will never be convinced about what needs to be done getting done so why bother?

I'm still very much the former myself, but given the last four years and what Trump and his followers have done, I can certainly see the temptation of taking the more cynical path.

30 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

There is something of a schism between the Dems right now, the idealists who want to rapport and move on, and the cynics who think the vast majority of the Repubs will never be convinced about what needs to be done getting done so why bother?

I'm still very much the former myself, but given the last four years and what Trump and his followers have done, I can certainly see the temptation of taking the more cynical path.

Oh there are always going to be diehards, but the swing voters won't appreciate being told they were wrong, stupid etc.

54 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Absolutely.

The dispute is, right now, partly formed of exactly how many swing voters and how many diehards there are.

As an adjutant to this, I would submit that given Trump has spent the last four years flat out telling everyone exactly who and what he is, that there aren't too many swing voters.