Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

21 minutes ago, shen said:

Firstly, how much of a right-leaning partisan do you have to be to describe a US Democratic government as 'communist in all but name'?
Seriously, even Bernie Sanders would be viewed as a right-leaning centralist in my country and I definitely don't consider Denmark to be a communist country.

Secondly, why IS communism treated with such derision? It's an (admittedly outdated) ideology attempting to balance power between the people and the elite - and by definition most voters will be firmly in the 'people' group. It's funny how the term has been made to equate a totalitarian system, where some kind of mystical elite ('the state') is feasting on the less fortunate slave-like subjects, robbing them of their 'freedom', just because a Soviet state was communist in nothing but name. Ironically, given the current economic welfare distribution in the US, it would suggest that 'communism' in that sense is actually the system that is prevailing in the US. Just substitute 'the state' with 'corporate conglomerates' and you're nearly there (slightly tongue in cheek).

Should send off the likes of Alex Jones to Scandinavia for a while. Their brains would be totally scrambled 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cujek said:

You genuinely think that a communist government in all but name is going to stop anyone starving?

I don't get leftist logic sometimes.

There are going to be a lot of salty tears cried by people who are willing their freedoms and rights away when Trump is back in office!

Folks above me have already pointed out the absurdity of thinking a Biden government is a communist one in a place where the Overton Window is so skewed rightwards, so I'll leave that there.

In case it wasn't clear, I was referring to Trumps dismissal of and inaction on climate change that would likely have those dire consequences. If there is a way you feel he can be defended on that topic, please feel free to do so.

10 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

"Communist government"

"leftist"

"Salty tears"

"Freedoms and rights"

Full house! Certified living in an echo chamber somewhere in the depths of social media. Facebook? Twitter? YouTube? All of them plus many right-wing news sites? Who knows. All we do know is that Cujek is a crackpot.

Damn I needed "sleepy joe" for bingo

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Time to start adding to that wall of Trumps and make sure it surrounds the WHOLE American border. Shut the crazy fuchers in and let them get on with it. 

18 hours ago, Cujek said:

You genuinely think that a communist government in all but name is going to stop anyone starving?

There are going to be a lot of salty tears cried by people who are willing their freedoms and rights away when Trump is back in office!

No wonder, that's something you absolutely lack of.

This was the dude thats often on cnn talking trump things. He got caught spanking his penis on a work zoom call..needless to say he got the shaft. Horrible mistake (i hope) but the comments are cheesey, cringe and funny at the same time.  Poor guy has to deal with this forever now. Well he isnt poor.

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

This was the dude thats often on cnn talking trump things. He got caught spanking his penis on a work zoom call..needless to say he got the shaft. Horrible mistake (i hope) but the comments are cheesey, cringe and funny at the same time.  Poor guy has to deal with this forever now. Well he isnt poor.

Cocked his career up didn't he?

• Haha 2

What a willy puller

I mean it's stupid but it's not quite up there with having a long term affair, getting the lady in question pregnant, deny paternity and making her take legal action to force you to pay paternity.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 18:06, Footballwipe said:

"Communist government"

"leftist"

"Salty tears"

"Freedoms and rights"

Full house! Certified living in an echo chamber somewhere in the depths of social media. Facebook? Twitter? YouTube? All of them plus many right-wing news sites? Who knows. All we do know is that Cujek is a crackpot.

Surely we're missing out on 'snowflake' and 'apache attack helicopter?'

On 11/11/2020 at 16:55, Cujek said:

Well....

Those are certainly all words, aren't they?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

crowdchart.png.b74eadc17e5980746154d27a1bfdaba1.png

Sanders isn't even Left wing. He's center left and Biden. Admittedly isn't on this is center right. Communisim is very far away from even Sanders look at stalin for reference. American politics over does everything.

Their Overton Window is much to the right of the UK, and this is frequently forgotten by British commentators on US politics. 

Biden's positions would be more consistent with Nick Clegg or David Cameron than the left in the UK; I'd argue that Sanders would be closer to Keir Starmer or Ed Miliband than Jeremy Corbyn or the SCG in Labour too. 

The reality is that the election was fought out between the authoritarian hard-right and a liberal centrist. Calling Biden or Sanders a Communist is surreal.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Presidential-Graph.jpg.e8d875c2e2c3b14327370794f8e67931.jpg

Sanders isn't even Left wing. He's center left and biden is center right. Communisim is very far away from even Sanders. American politics over does everything.

Look at this graph for a reference point to where soviet communism would be.

crowdchart.png.b74eadc17e5980746154d27a1bfdaba1.png

uk2017.png.25e1aa493de6f251997455afb09d50c4.png

Labour is more left-wing than sanders. The scaremongering in the USA is OTT.

It's a great myth Gandhi was a left libertarian.

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Easy mistake to make