Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yup.

Auschwitz tours should be legal requirement for some people IMO.

This is the thing that gets me. Some of these lot are getting the benefit of the doubt in some press and not described as they should be - utter scum. Each and everyone of them. Don’t even get me started on what that facist, abuse loving US news network Fox says about the one that was killed. 

You show up to a rally and see people wearing shit like this - if you’re half decent, you would feel uncomfortable and leave.

Carrying rifles - uncomfortable and leave.

Damage and death slogans - uncomfortable And leave.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that not all of them saw the ****ing bombs.

Each and everyone of them who came and stayed - scum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Jesus wept.

We're on a bad timeline. I blame Leicester City. 

Leicester City lifted the Premier League trophy in May 2016. Trump won the presidency just a few months later. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly we are living in an alternate timeline of a much more reasonable universe. 

Edited by Detroit Blues

3 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Leicester City lifted the Premier League trophy in May 2016. Trump won the presidency just a few months later. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly we are living in an alternate timeline of a much more reasonable universe. 

Somebody put Richard 3rd back in that carpark. 

• Haha 1

Hitler managed to mobilise Germans behind his "big lie" and the country descended into madness and self destruction  . Germans were considered an  enlightened, well educated , liberal leaning , civilised  and cultured people and their democratic institutions were robust . Parallels with the USA should be troubling - Hitler gained power by small steps (including a spell in jail)  over a number of years by using the existing structures and establishment.. This latest development even has its "setting fire to the Reichstag" moment  as attempts are made to portray the rioters as "antifa agents provocateurs" . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

it sounds as if you're suggesting that some sort of Faustian pact was made to secure our title win. It's a possibility - there must have been occasions when a city supporter was standing freezing watching Oldham hang tenaciously to a 1-0 lead on Friday evening in div 2 or Mark  de Vries watch yet another attempt to control a football cannon off his knee for a throw in that he thought " I'd sell my soul to the devil for a chance to see City win the premiership......"

23 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Brexit a few weeks after too.

We've turned the whole world to shit!

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am afraid there is a huge swathe of country where the predominant belief is that Mr A Hitler didn't go far enough.

Unfortunately so. What I don't get though is that America supports Israel and there's also a huge number of Jewish millionaire businessmen who have helped build American wealth. Why don't they see it?

12 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Unfortunately so. What I don't get though is that America supports Israel and there's also a huge number of Jewish millionaire businessmen who have helped build American wealth. Why don't they see it?

Well, there is a paradox at work, Parafox... that business relationship is entirely cynical and not a lot to do with anything ethical.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, there is a paradox at work, Parafox... that business relationship is entirely cynical and nothing to do with anything ethical.

Ok. But cynical on which side? Are the Jewish businessmen contributing to American wealth in exchange for American support against Palestine or is America accepting the Jewish businessmen in order to maintain influence in the Middle East?

Either way, the Trump supporters shown in an earlier post clearly don't understand the role of Israel and the Jewish wealth in America. Maybe an example of the blinkered ignorance of not just his supporters, but of Trump himself.

41 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Hitler managed to mobilise Germans behind his "big lie" and the country descended into madness and self destruction  . Germans were considered an  enlightened, well educated , liberal leaning , civilised  and cultured people and their democratic institutions were robust . Parallels with the USA should be troubling - Hitler gained power by small steps (including a spell in jail)  over a number of years by using the existing structures and establishment.. This latest development even has its "setting fire to the Reichstag" moment  as attempts are made to portray the rioters as "antifa agents provocateurs" . 

The main difference though is that (Mass genocide aside) Hitler was a charismatic, intelligent, well spoken manipulator that was able to essentially brainwash an entire nation. Trump is an utter cockwomble in charge of an army of hillbillies. 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The main difference though is that (Mass genocide aside) Hitler was a charismatic, intelligent, well spoken manipulator that was able to essentially brainwash an entire nation. Trump is an utter cockwomble in charge of an army of hillbillies. 

Indeed but I keep thinking of the 75 million votes he drew down - no-one that cast their vote for him could have been in any doubt what they were getting - 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Indeed but I keep thinking of the 75 million votes he drew down - no-one that cast their vote for him could have been in any doubt what they were getting - 

One only needs to see how many people cast their votes mindlessly, or out of habit, in this country, and many do so in denial of 'what they are getting'.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I started a thread a few months back about my concerns about the rise of nationalism across the world.

The USA has always had a large minority of extreme nationalists, Trump has legitimised them and now 

their numbers have grown. Trump now has almost Cult leader status over these extreme nationalists 

and this is going to be a real problem for America going forward.

Edited by Spiritwalker

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Weren't there over 75,000,000 supporters of Trump that voted him in 4 years ago? I get what you're saying about hillbillies but there are plenty of intelligent educated people that absolutely believe, not necessarily in Trump, but in what he was standing for. The insular Americans scared of immigration and the loss of control.  From what I've seen about Hitler he was also a very shouty man who undoubtedly had a "presence" who managed to influence almost an entire country that the whole Jewish race should be annihilated. Say the right things at the right time to the right people with enough self belief and emotion and you potentially generate a crusade behind you

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Weren't there over 75,000,000 supporters of Trump that voted him in 4 years ago? I get what you're saying about hillbillies but there are plenty of intelligent educated people that absolutely believe, not necessarily in Trump, but in what he was standing for. The insular Americans scared of immigration and the loss of control.  From what I've seen about Hitler he was also a very shouty man who undoubtedly had a "presence" who managed to influence almost an entire country that the whole Jewish race should be annihilated. Say the right things at the right time to the right people with enough self belief and emotion and you potentially generate a crusade behind you

That's kind of what I was getting at in a round about way. When you look at the man who led them, you can kinda see how the Germans fell for it. These smart Americans don't have that same excuse. 

• Like 1