Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

Just now, Strokes said:

Jesus, what a frightening place.

Apparently Parler requires ID to be submitted so if FBI wanted to seriously entertain dealing with this, they could be able to find out this person's details fairly quickly no doubt...

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Apparently Parler requires ID to be submitted so if FBI wanted to seriously entertain dealing with this, they could be able to find out this person's details fairly quickly no doubt...

That’s if the poster is the organiser or just a mouthpiece, doesn’t bear thinking about, i just hope it’s empty threats.

43 minutes ago, Buce said:

Her and McConnell had months to put together another stimulus package for the citizens of my country and failed. On purpose. Not making Trump look good before the election was more important. Look at her swing into action now over this. These people are just as treasonous as Trump and deserve the same fate.

Absolute scum.

I'm finding this narrative of "BLM rioters treated more aggressively than Capitol Hill rioters" narrative a bit off but very predictable, sadly. I'm not commenting on the merits of either protesters, I just think the race narrative yet again is exactly what is not needed right now. All you're going to do is further piss off the Trump supporters and embolden the far left hardliners. What purpose does this serve? Biden apparently seeks to unite America but is starting off along a well trodden division from the get go.

It's not even true, is it? BLM rioters (I say rioters to differentiate the peaceful protests from those using it as a cover to rob stores and set fire to buildings) in many cases were left to loot and set fire to stuff for the most part, even forming those silly automatous zones largely unopposed. Of course there were the odd encounters with riot shields and tear gas but that's to be expected. Now with these Trump idiots, the police were slow to act but have arrested an awful lot of people and shot and killed that woman.

America is in trouble, far more so than here, that's for sure.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I'm finding this narrative of "BLM rioters treated more aggressively than Capitol Hill rioters" narrative a bit off but very predictable, sadly. I'm not commenting on the merits of either protesters, I just think the race narrative yet again is exactly what is not needed right now. All you're going to do is further piss off the Trump supporters and embolden the far left hardliners. What purpose does this serve? Biden apparently seeks to unite America but is starting off along a well trodden division from the get go.

It's not even true, is it? BLM rioters (I say rioters to differentiate the peaceful protests from those using it as a cover to rob stores and set fire to buildings) in many cases were left to loot and set fire to stuff for the most part, even forming those silly automatous zones largely unopposed. Of course there were the odd encounters with riot shields and tear gas but that's to be expected. Now with these Trump idiots, the police were slow to act but have arrested an awful lot of people and shot and killed that woman.

I hear they only arrested 13 so far? Unless that's dramatically ramped up in the last 6-12 hours?

Compare that to BLM protestors/rioters - police were very quick to arrest whoever they can - thousands arrested in a quicker time. 

You say it's 'to be expected' but where was the riot shields and tear gas for anyone approaching the Capitol building yesterday, let alone once they got in? 

It seems there wasn't enough done to disperse/prevent the crowds yesterday when the whole debacle could have been avoided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Personally, I'm thinking that the merits of the protestors is critical to the nature of the protest, so perhaps this shouldn't have been left out.

And WRT Trump supporters being pissed off - it's been said before here, those that are OK with what happened yesterday are going to be near-impossible to reach anyway, the line has been drawn, so is there much point in being delicate?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. The terrorist brought explosive devices to the Capitol Building. bombs. These bombs were safely detonated by the authorities. They also brought guns. They came to harm. The great work of the authorities to stop these explosives going off and the weapons not being used stopped this being a potential massacre. 

Criminal damage is bad. The protestors/rioters who did that should be prosecuted. 

What happen yesterday was not a protest, it was a failed act of terrorism. The authorities should be more forceful in finding these nut jobs. 

• Like 3

Republicans dancing and celebrating as their country's democracy is collapsing

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/footage-of-the-trumps-celebrating-at-rally-before-us-capitol-riots/news-story/c776846918c22abc7ae0015a4a1435de

Edited by ozleicester

14 hours ago, casablancas said:

I was saying to the fiancée. Just imagine the outcry that would follow if it’d had been the BLM movement. Or if this was a Middle Eastern country - the person responsible would have been ripped to pieces by the states and most likely brought to justice by the states. What is for sure is that Trump should not be in power and he’s clearly unfit to do the role. He built his campaign on racial discrimination and inequality but hid it (barely) behind the visage of immigration. I’m with @Carl the Llamahere. If you defend this , an actual assault on democracy and bearing in mind we’ve been to war for less I hope you have a long hard look at yourselves. 
Non Caucasians doing this it’s terrorism. Caucasians and it’s a protest! Don’t get that myself. 

Last I checked middle easterners were considered "Caucasian" and even then thats a very out of date term.

20 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Last I checked middle easterners were considered "Caucasian" and even then thats a very out of date term.

Im half sikh and look anywhere  from Portuguese to middle eastern to indian. I get all kinds of guesses. I also have been called a  " sand ni##$!"  (amongst other racist comments) so not sure where the caucasian part comes from. 

Bottom line for me, yesterday further proved that people of colour are treated differently in America (and other countries). I've personally been impacted by this in my life and its not cool.  The world is a sad place right now for many differing reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Im half sikh and look anywhere  from Portuguese to middle eastern to indian. I get all kinds of guesses. I also have been called a  " sand ni##$!"  (amongst other racist comments) so not sure where the caucasian part comes from. 

Bottom line for me, yesterday further proved that people of colour are treated differently in America (and other countries). I've personally been impacted by this in my life and its not cool.  The world is a sad place right now for many differing reasons.

How did I make it out I was arguing against that???? 

It's a weird term that doesn't reflect reality made by 19th century racists that really should be put out of use. That was my argument. Look at the map Middle east according to out dated pseudo science is caucasian. That was my point. Not emotional circle jerking which I am not interested in as it solves nothing.1200px-thumbnail.thumb.jpg.1354694791093439187628aa3d372117.jpg

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

My mum is white but wears a headscarf since she is a Muslim. Should we make her a non caucasian as well now because people called her a paki? Thats the sort of logic your bringing to the table here. Just because some **** somewhere called you something doesn't change any facts.

Edited by Fightforever