Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's kind of what I was getting at in a round about way. When you look at the man who led them, you can kinda see how the Germans fell for it. These smart Americans don't have that same excuse. 

The elephant ( Republican Party symbol :ph34r:) in this particular room is the deep conviction among a wide swathe of the population that only white people should be allowed to vote and that other peoples’ votes should carry no weight and are illegal . It’s going to be a long road back from that position . No one can see the confederate flag as in any way ambiguous on this point .

The real crazies who believe in Antifa , Q anon,George Soros mind control via vaccination  and other unspecified or unidentifiable threats like paedophile rings organised by Hilary Clinton from Pizza Express or whatever are probably beyond help and of less concern - it is the electorate pledged to reject even moderate left leaning administrations like Biden that are the real threat the country’s stability 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Weren't there over 75,000,000 supporters of Trump that voted him in 4 years ago? I get what you're saying about hillbillies but there are plenty of intelligent educated people that absolutely believe, not necessarily in Trump, but in what he was standing for. The insular Americans scared of immigration and the loss of control.  From what I've seen about Hitler he was also a very shouty man who undoubtedly had a "presence" who managed to influence almost an entire country that the whole Jewish race should be annihilated. Say the right things at the right time to the right people with enough self belief and emotion and you potentially generate a crusade behind you

The only part of this that I would disagree with is I don’t think he convinced most of Germany that the Jews

should be annihilated but enough were prepared to look the other way.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Screenshot_20210108-232508.png

Screenshot_20210108-232555.png

It's a terrible mistake.

Absolutely not the right time, especially when he for the first time seemingly conceded defeat. They're making a martyr of him, something he utterly doesn't deserve.

Edited by That_Dude

12 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

It's a terrible mistake.

Absolutely not the right time, especially when he for the first time seemingly conceded defeat. They're making a martyr of him, something he utterly doesn't deserve.

He'll be that anyway. He's the ultimate victim, like all bullies are.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This. I don't see the point in Twitter pussyfooting around, when, again, the lines in the sand have been drawn and anyone who is going to scream bloody murder would do so anyway.

13 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Surely Trump would have enough money to set up his own social media platform and all of his followers would follow him on that... 

They've already got Parler, perhaps he'll show up on there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Junior's not taking it well.

Get him a tissue.

I understand how its not a great idea. Perhaps a temporary cooling off for the next month or two. Let things smooth over for biden to transition and then see how the w@nker behaves in a few months when they open it back up. If he cvnts it then bye bye.

If Jr is so mad delete twitter, delete Facebook and find or make another platform with your riches.

Having said all that, i will miss seeing his melt downs. He can still f-off though.

6 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

20% of voters, and 45% of Republicans, polled by YouGov supported the storming of the Capitol building

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/01/07/US-capitol-trump-poll

This isn’t going to go away any time soon. 

I don't always trust these polls but if that's even close to a true reflection then that's bloody scary.

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Peaky I hold you in highest esteem but I don't know if you're exactly aware of the long-term consequences. The only way to get rid of this kind of scum and cut them off their base once and for all (more or less), is to let them fall on their own sword. The Capitol disaster was just that and there was nothing more to add.

He's a coward, albeit a (temporarily) powerful one. You know that he never meant his confession. He was forced to do it because the threat of the 25A and legal consequences for inciting the mob suddenly became very real. For once he realized that there was no way out, that it wasn't a game anymore, that there wasn't any room left to gaslight and bullshit his way out without consequences. The republican establishment might finally have found the balls to distance themselves from him to some extent, but his base is still with him and that's the primary target. Banning Trump from Twitter and try to impeach him once again when he just has 2 weeks, is not only pointless but also suicidal in the long-term. It will only pour gasoline on the fire and comfort the MAGA crowd in the idea that he was an anti-establishment crusader who had to be silenced at all cost by the 'swamp', the media and the 'big tech'.

He monumentally fecked up and realized that he didn't have any meaningful audience anymore other than his die-hard cultists, so let him quietly reap what he sowed without appearing to be vindictive.

Edited by That_Dude