Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

15 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

My mum is white but wears a headscarf since she is a Muslim. Should we make her a non caucasian as well now because people called her a paki? Thats the sort of logic your bringing to the table here. Just because some **** somewhere called you something doesn't change any facts.

I doubt majority of racists would know what a Caucasian is to be fair.  

The reality is that anything foreign that is from a non white race, would be target of racists, even if they are white themselves.  I have many white Sikh friends, they get abused like any other turban wearing fella.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I doubt majority of racists would know what a Caucasian is to be fair.  

The reality is that anything foreign that is from a non white race, would be target of racists, even if they are white themselves.  I have many white Sikh friends, they get abused like any other turban wearing fella.

Yup seen that remember at school some bullies pulled the truban off a sikh at my secondary school and nothing happened to them apart from a don't do it agian from the teacher. This wasn't long ago mind you it was in 2003. When I was 13.

Yeah the orginal statement I proposed was to do with the term caucasian being out of date. So if anything this proves my point entirely. The problem with pseduo science is it won't mix with reality not matter how hard you attempt stir it together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

The guy who wore his work lanyard wins this one.

I have a modicum of sympathy for some of them, it's easy to get carried away in the moment. Most of them weren't violent (see the ones wandering about like they are on a tour), just inexplicably stupid. Not forgetting the fact their president, his minions and the right wing press has egged them on to the point of thinking what they are doing is what he wants and that it's absolutely fine. 

It's sad that people have lost themselves to this conspiracy crap, it's going to happen here at some point. I see it daily on Facebook with normally reasonable people now out of their minds spewing this bile. Something has got to be done about it, what's happened needs to be a warning that you cannot give these people the platform and that there has to be consequences. 

• Like 2

You'd hope that they have good CCTV in an important government building like that, and in every room inside. They should be able to identify pretty much everyone that made it inside. Those that just wandered about like said above should be given strict probationary warnings for future conduct or attendance at protests. Those who came in armed or vandalised things and smashed windows/doors however should be punished severely for their actions. And you'd hope their employers would be notified and they'd be fired. I have no sympathy whatsoever for those people and deserve everything that's coming to them. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You'd hope that they have good CCTV in an important government building like that, and in every room inside. They should be able to identify pretty much everyone that made it inside. Those that just wandered about like said above should be given strict probationary warnings for future conduct or attendance at protests. Those who came in armed or vandalised things and smashed windows/doors however should be punished severely for their actions. And you'd hope their employers would be notified and they'd be fired. I have no sympathy whatsoever for those people and deserve everything that's coming to them. 

I read that they've made over 60 arrests so far. On the day, law enforcement dropped a massive clanger. How they were even able to get into the building is astonishing. I've been to Washington before, there's no way you can even get anywhere near Capitol Hill without law enforcement putting bullets into your head. 

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Im half sikh and look anywhere  from Portuguese to middle eastern to indian. I get all kinds of guesses. I also have been called a  " sand ni##$!"  (amongst other racist comments) so not sure where the caucasian part comes from. 

Bottom line for me, yesterday further proved that people of colour are treated differently in America (and other countries). I've personally been impacted by this in my life and its not cool.  The world is a sad place right now for many differing reasons.

Completely agree. The Fiancée is Sikh and we’ve had to put up with all sorts. My son has too. She’s Indian and some of the stuff she’s told me seriously makes me hate this world. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

I read that they've made over 60 arrests so far. On the day, law enforcement dropped a massive clanger. How they were even able to get into the building is astonishing. I've been to Washington before, there's no way you can even get anywhere near Capitol Hill without law enforcement putting bullets into your head. 

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

My mum is white but wears a headscarf since she is a Muslim. Should we make her a non caucasian as well now because people called her a paki? Thats the sort of logic your bringing to the table here. Just because some **** somewhere called you something doesn't change any facts.

Bro chill, i wasnt trying to imply anything i just wanted to know where you were coming from on the caucasian thing. History at the time clearly had a differing view on things in regards to a definition of caucasian  etc. Ultimately you are right in that it doesnt matter.

I was just talking to my experience as a visible minority and how i've been treated. Name calling is the least of the problem it's how i have been treated at times by non visible minorities. I agree with @Dr The Singh and you in that anything different/foreign could and are treated in similar ways  100%.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah that Twitter handle is the most disturbing thing about it! 

This is likely a massively off-topic continuation, but I'm not sure what's disturbing about a lady wanting a piece of a bloke celeb. We've got a whole thread of it the other way round on here, for instance.