Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

Pep so salty, saying we didn't want to play, only defendĀ lol

He always says this when another manager susses a way out to counter his style of play. Its purely deflection from the fact that more and more often he is getting found out.

• Thanks 1

A bit of an aside but I suspected that football behind closed doors would result in a virtual end to the tiresome theatrics and play acting without a crowd to perform to that has shamed the game for so long.Ā Since project restart last season - although it hasn't been completely eradicated - it has become far less commonplace. So refreshing to see.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Pep so salty, saying we didn't want to play, only defendĀ lol

Just as well we only defended,Ā  it might have been embarrassing for them, oh hold on....

I'll resist the temptation to copyĀ and paste pre-match sentiments, it's not sporting and it does nothing for my life, but seriously there's a few eating omelettes in their sleep tonight.Ā 

Why do you do it to yourself? what's the gratification?

All the same though, thank you for theĀ fascinating insightĀ into your dark mind.Ā 

Ā 

KinellĀ though, it was looking alarming for the first 30, Schmeichel gave Man City about 20% of their possession in that period with some appalling distribution, he could have been subbed it was that bad.Ā 

Ā 

Then the plan started to work.Ā 

Castagne has brought back what we missed from Ricardo, the urgency, the accuracy, the confidence, the belief,Ā It's great to see.Ā 

That 2nd Vardy goal was special, total respect for that.Ā 

Maddison's was the actual performance from his rehearsal against Arsenal last wednesday, beautiful strike.

Ā 

Still for me though, when Tielemans playsĀ like that, we have a huge chance, he just makes things happen and is finding the right space and making quicker decisions again. Interesting analysis there.Ā 

Ā 

Daniel Amartey, considering he's been out for so long, played really well. Himself and the club haveĀ got a big decision to make up until the transfer window closes, I hope he stays. There was a proper buzz when we signed him and I'd love him to fulfil that promise with us.

Ā 

So to summarise, we are going to win the league again....:dunno:

Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wow, heard Brenda's post match interview? Fair play to him, honesty, no blarney and went up so much in my estimation. Stated that it's taken him 14yrs to play such a system as he always likes to be positive but realised he had to change things including himself to win games. What an honest and great thing to hear. Must have really wrankled with him what happened last year and has been thinking about it since. I formally take my hat off too him. Brilliant tactics today!

Lets hope its not lip service or a one off. Started the game veryĀ negatively and affording Man City far too much respectĀ but whatever he said at half time worked as the team came out much more aggressive. More of the same please Brendan.

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

He always says this when another manager susses a way out to counter his style of play. Its purely deflection from the fact that more and more often he is getting found out.

This 100%. Plus look at the game today, Rodgers tried to attack Man City in the past and we got battered. He realised that sometimes you need an alternate way to play.

Ā 

Man City need another way to break down a low block because it's proven to work. Losing David Silva has been a big blow to them and they over rely on KDB. We kept him quiet for the majority of the game, cut out Rodri from getting on the ball by putting Vardy on him and it worked.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wow.

Ā 

I feared the worst when we went 1 down and the first 30 was awful, it was a training session, defence v attack and I don't care what anyone says, that isn't the way you play against Man City.

Ā 

Everything I was critcal of last season was ringing true again.

Ā 

After the first 30 we kicked on, attacked, moved forward, were productive. Any coincidence?

Ā 

Fantastic stuff, let's just hope this is a learning curve of how you treat these games for Rodgers.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, I hope one day he can see the game as clearly as you do. Why don't you give it a rest just this once?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This 100%. Plus look at the game today, Rodgers tried to attack Man City in the past and we got battered. He realised that sometimes you need an alternate way to play.

I tried to explain this on the Match Thread...

Ā 

...but it's Foxes Talk.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wow, heard Brenda's post match interview? Fair play to him, honesty, no blarney and went up so much in my estimation. Stated that it's taken him 14yrs to play such a system as he always likes to be positive but realised he had to change things including himself to win games. What an honest and great thing to hear. Must have really wrankled with him what happened last year and has been thinking about it since. I formally take my hat off too him. Brilliant tactics today!

Totally. But if you read the match thread first 200 or so posts, BR was being crucified by most for being negative and cowardly. They seem to have gone very quiet now. Why can't those people come on the post match and admit they were wrong?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ā 

You've actually chopped out my favourite part which is our left back leading the press on the right wing.Ā 

Youā€™ve gone peak Finnegan here, Vardy has scored one of the best backheeled goals youā€™ll see and your favourite part is the left back pressing?!