Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

35 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This 100%. Plus look at the game today, Rodgers tried to attack Man City in the past and we got battered. He realised that sometimes you need an alternate way to play.

Man City need another way to break down a low block because it's proven to work. Losing David Silva has been a big blow to them and they over rely on KDB. We kept him quiet for the majority of the game, cut out Rodri from getting on the ball by putting Vardy on him and it worked.

The Rodri move was the key, it forced Man City to become over reliant on the centre backs carrying the ball out. When we won the ball, their first press was so lazy and we could break 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I think he's been crap defensively to be honest. Strong going forward and he's a great asset and a great prospect but I wouldn't say it'd be harsh to drop him. 

Especially given the idea of a Castagne, Cags, Evans, Ricardo back four gives me a stonking chubby 

Put it away.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You keep saying this.

At the end of the day a win is a win but there were time last season when it wasn't and you can damn well understand that for when you had your problems with Puel and went sceptic, I think it says alot about your agendas during that time then it does about anything else.

So far this season it has been excting yes, because it hasn't been defensive, deep, passive shite - bar the first half v WBA and the first 30 minutes today - of both i've noted and clearly criticised both times, but if you'd rather ignore that and not see it/not see last seasons issues again I think it says more about your agendas than anything else.

Anyway people go on about me being negative and here you are trying to create arguments.

You can't play every minute on the front foot, sometimes you have to be patient and hang in, work your way into the game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Not meant to be a dig, but this is why the Belgians we have should be starters, every game, and Madders cannot just walk back into the team unless Praet, but I hope not, is injured.

Every other post you've made on here has been "meant to be a dig" at Madders.

And every other one of them (like this one) has been responding to a post or thread, that had nothing to do with him.

Find another obsession?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Totally. But if you read the match thread first 200 or so posts, BR was being crucified by most for being negative and cowardly. They seem to have gone very quiet now. Why can't those people come on the post match and admit they were wrong?

I doubt there were many Leicester fans after 25 minutes expecting anything from the game, and bemoaning the tactics too, whether they wrote it in the forum or not. 

I was frustrated with what seemed like the usual setup against the big 6, and I feared a 2nd goal for them would kill the game.

Obviously I was wrong, that's why I'm a fan and not the manager. If you're strong enough to voice an opinion, you should be strong enough to accept being wrong. But I'm not having all this 'state of the match thread' comments like they were expecting an emphatic comeback. 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Have done, tbf. The first 20 minutes was utter guff and I’m glad everyone else had the foresight to see we were quite obviously going to batter them because from where I was sitting  it looked like we were going to get done about 8-0. 

Look, that’s a fantastic win today but all this high horse moral high ground bollocks does my head in. People react to what they’re seeing with their own eyes on the pitch in front of them (digitally atm), and this is a football forum where people come to vent their spleen. If it looks shit, people are probably going to call it shit, just as much as people were saying how well we played 2nd half. It goes both ways. 

Just have a Gin and just enjoy the moment and the victory mate. 

I am. Just frustrates me how people on here can be so SO negative, like, 10 mins in and 1-0 down. Let things pan out a bit before you start slapping faces. It really couldn't have gone any better and I am so happy we did what we did. No-one was expecting that. But please, negative posters, please stop dissing us after 10 mins. You really don't contribute realistically. Knee jerking is not an informed response.

• Like 1

Justin and Castagne playing very well again, the business we did in that area is looking very good so far.

Last season Chilwell destroyed by Mahrez, Today Justin robbed Mahrez again and again.  Castagne absolute class so far in every game he has played for us.

How we was at the start, we just seemed to be conceding the game, but we grew in confidence and started actually playing, and once we did it felt like a counter attacking masterpiece, 2016 again.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, Parafox said:

I am. Just frustrates me how people on here can be so SO negative, like, 10 mins in and 1-0 down. Let things pan out a bit before you start slapping faces. It really couldn't have gone any better and I am so happy we did what we did. No-one was expecting that. But please, negative posters, please stop dissing us after 10 mins. You really don't contribute realistically. Knee jerking is not an informed response.

Enjoy it mate 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

This is one of the best team goals we've ever scored.

• High Press
  • Amartey steps up and heads it back to a man
  • Wonderful interplay between the Belgians (Notice the off the ball work Praet does to make space for his teammates)
  • Tielemans amazing pass with his "weaker" foot.
  • Incredible surge and cross from Castagne
  • Wonderful finish from the GOAT

Incredible!!!

Regularly enjoy your analysis, thought this was a superb goal too. 

What stood out for me for the first 20 mins was the gaps between our defence, midfield and attack, the time and space we gave them and how we kept going through the middle. 

Rodgers clearly got into the players, with the centre halves coming more into the midfield to break up their possession, as per Vardy's 2nd goal, using the wings more to take advantage of their full backs and ensuring we had "triangles" in place to retain possession of the ball. What a fantastic performance. 

One area for improvement is set pieces, need to make sure we're better organised to win the 2nd ball. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

for me the biggest achievement of today is that we changed formation and tactics to something that isn't like how we play, and although we were a little shakey at the start we adapted and overcame. I think the difference is we nullified their attack but our midfield and especially our forward line needed top be on top form to take advantage and they certainly achieved that today, it feels like we've moved to another level and boy what a signing Castagne is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think he's been crap defensively to be honest. Strong going forward and he's a great asset and a great prospect but I wouldn't say it'd be harsh to drop him. 

Especially given the idea of a Castagne, Cags, Evans, Ricardo back four gives me a stonking chubby 

Can someone edit the Vince Mcmahon gif and put Evans, then Cags, then Ricardo and have Castagne at the end.:)

• Like 1