Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

A tactical masterclass from Brendan Rodgers ;) 

If you go toe to toe with Man City, more likely than not they’ll run rings round you. Rodgers albeit a negative approach got it absolutely spot on today.

Sit back, stay compact and frustrate Man City...

The difference in the second half was that we were more aggressive with the press, our defensive and midfield lines stepped further up and got right in their faces.

Amartey for all the stick he got before kick off was excellent, Timmy had another solid game, Vardy got a hat-trick; however Tielemans and Mendy were the key today, an absolute masterclass from the both of them.

Best win I’ve seen in my lifetime, WOW :scarf:

The 5-3 win against man utd in the ground beats it for me but a great win today wish I could have been there!!

2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I doubt there were many Leicester fans after 25 minutes expecting anything from the game, and bemoaning the tactics too, whether they wrote it in the forum or not. 

I was frustrated with what seemed like the usual setup against the big 6, and I feared a 2nd goal for them would kill the game.

Obviously I was wrong, that's why I'm a fan and not the manager. If you're strong enough to voice an opinion, you should be strong enough to accept being wrong. But I'm not having all this 'state of the match thread' comments like they were expecting an emphatic comeback. 

But the fact remains that the unexpected can happen. I was utterly frustrated for the first half but I could see the plan and ultimately, it played out. I wasn't doing the keyboard warrior thing. Had we have lost I might have had something to say. We won against the odds but posters were writing us off after 10 mins. That's what frustrates me. Being in the stadium with people around you saying we're shit because we were a goal down against (whoever) really gets my back up. As a fan, I'd like to think I'm not like that. 

Quite revealing from Pep in the interview post match. He seemed to suggest his players are so conditioned to get forward they become unsure what to do if they no longer need to charge forward, but are invited to attack against the very low block. Maybe he expected a different sort of ‘Leicester?

48 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Keep repeating..this forum cant Pick a player...15years of blah,blau cant do this,cant do that..!!

Never learnt..from recent history

Morgan,Vardy,Mahrez Ricardo, Chilwell,Soyuncu in the last few years..!!

First encourage,before going on rants, demeaning your own players..!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

The best thing about tonight is the amount of Chelsea fans that are rattled on twitter because Leicester fans are saying Vardy is better than Drogba. Love to see it.

they can say all they want about his goals from the spot but I bet the vast majority are because he has been fouled so its a cracking record.

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Rodri to Sky Sports:

"Football has not been fair with us...we tried many things, they tried two or three things. Maybe it is our fault, maybe it is their strength. I am young and try to learn every game but games like this where opposition do nothing, you are a bit confused. You don't know what to do...for me they are lucky, it is not the way I like to play."

What a nonce.

Think we had more shots on target in the end!

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Rodri to Sky Sports:

"Football has not been fair with us...we tried many things, they tried two or three things. Maybe it is our fault, maybe it is their strength. I am young and try to learn every game but games like this where opposition do nothing, you are a bit confused. You don't know what to do...for me they are lucky, it is not the way I like to play."

What a nonce.

Absolute pleb. 

11 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

When Ricardo is back, Rodgers will certainly have a tough decision to make, as the Castagne and Justin system is working so far.

Plenty of matches, room for everyone at the inn. So glad we're starting to have competition/depth in the squad. Keeps the drama and energy level high.

Pep and his players ALWAYS trot this “the opposition turned up to do nothing” rubbish every time they get beat. It’s getting so so boring now. I’ll be glad when Pep has ****ed off on his next adventure he’s a complete and utter twat. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Rodri to Sky Sports:

What a nonce.

We did five things mate, and that was score, you did two things and lost.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He learned the lesson! This bodes extremely well for us. Now we know we can do something against the top teams AND beat the weaker ones too.

Give Rodgers a good squad and he can make a competitive team.

..so glad he has now become flexible in his approach to games!!!

Wolves gave him a blueprint and he has chosen to embrace a style of play far removed from the ethos he has followed. It is noticeable Pep does not move from the way he plays and dogmatically sticks to his principles, teams if brave enough might just see this as the way to undermine Man. City and unless you can change and adapt then you can only go so far.

Having seen the stats, there are many who believe the counter attacking style should have been retained, our only problem was we did not have the quality to continue effectively playing that way. Possession is not everything and we proved tonight that with our "flexibility"  we can dare to dream again.

This result, is looking for us, like a game changer!!!

20 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

When Ricardo is back, Rodgers will certainly have a tough decision to make, as the Castagne and Justin system is working so far.

Let's be honest, it's an easy decision.  Castagne and Ricardo are on a different level.  Justin is still learning.