Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I started with Justin, with every intention of swapping to Ricardo as soon as he was fit.

With Castagne being as good as he has been, and the prospect of them being even more productive when we have that threat on both sides, its a no-brainer to have them both.

Forget about the fixtures - we've just gone away to Man City and scored 5 past them. Those two in the same side will get just as many goals/assists as the Liverpool pair, if not more.

JJ has had a few shaky moments but otherwise has been brilliant this season. It'll be harsh to drop him when Ricardo comes back

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Shame on the people who thought we’d get relegated

You can be incorrect without being shamed.

People had valid worries, but alas they seem to have been quashed already. 

Terrific start, especially considering we have really pieced together a team for these games. Players stepping up, playing out of position or just finding their way back after seemingly have 1 foot out of the door.

Superb from everyone involved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We all knew why he was doing it, I don’t think that’s in doubt. The issue we’ve had is that his attempts at it have frankly been a disaster, we hadn’t really got close to making it work. Today after the first 30 we  got it working and that’s fantastic, but it’s not a shock people were worried and questioning it when things started how they left off in all the other games.

I do agree with what you are saying, but I was referring to the excessive criticism that he was getting for sitting deep, showing too much respect to the opposition and attempting to contain (which was to be fair looking like it was courting disaster). Whereas, last December he got understandably ripped into on here for attempting the high press away at the Etihad. He then set up exactly the same against Liverpool at home and we were understandably annihilated again. I completely understood his measured and cautious start today - as equally concerning as it looked. The match threads last December crucified him for pushing Vardy too high - his service cut out - and going for it against Man City and Liverpool with suicidal reckless tactics. Today he was also maligned for sitting back. 

As has been pointed out, the way to beat these was reverting to LCFC circa 2015-16. Wolves did it last season, but most convincingly, Man United who sat compact and deep whilst Fred and McTominay threaded clever through balls to the front three on the counter. 

• Like 2

Just to focus on Man City for a minute, because frankly we've run out of superlatives for Leicester. They were awful. They had a lot of ball but I can't really remember many proper chances. And at the back, goodness me. I felt sorry for the centre-backs actually. All three tidy at knocking the ball about but none of the three looked like defenders, Ake was the closest. Torn apart time and again, pretty much every time we had a chance to come forward we ripped them apart. And just no protection at all from midfield or even their own wingbacks. Look at Vardy's second goal, the flick, look how Mendy just watches as Castagne gets down the outside of Ake and rinses him for pace. He's a good 25 yards away as Timo puts the ball across having started in a similar position.

Shocking performance, to a man and collectively. Miles off the title pace.

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

I won't worry. You really are an incredibly tedious poster though. You just write the same thing over and over, which I wouldn't mind so much if you weren't doing so while trying to style yourself as some genius counter-cultural revolutionary who sees things others simply can't - or won't! Basically, you think it's exciting when we score goals and win games and boring when we concede goals and lose games. I hate to be the one to tell you this but that's not the incredible breakthrough you think it is. I'll put you on ignore now, as I suspect everyone else on the forum has, and leave you to your fantasies.

Not at all.

Give me 5-2's, 4-3's e.t.c all you can!

What I don't like and I think it's common amongst all teams is this negative style, a negative attitude of playing around the back, playing it cautious - which only leads to mistakes for the team playing in such a style - it creates problems upon themselves, without going forward.

I don't see myself as styling towards some 'genius conter cultural revolutionary' I just don't buy into this 'hipster' possession football fanboi, it's negative as far as I can see especially when you havn't got the players to play in a certain way, not using them to their stengths - this issue goes for alot of clubs, not us exclusively.

You obviously havn't seen my posts because if you think I think it only exciting when we 'score goals and win games' you're wrong, rightly or wrongly I thought the way we players last season even when we won games wasn't great sometimes even boring.

Thanks for putting me on ignore though, one or two people clearly have issues with me and that their prerogotive, but I just wish they'd follow your lead.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

JJ has had a few shaky moments but otherwise has been brilliant this season. It'll be harsh to drop him when Ricardo comes back

Totally agree that on the whole he's had a good start to the season. Reckon he'll be moved to 3rd CB if we decide to persist with 3atb (although in that case not sure where Ünder would fit), or he'll get the Europa League/cup games alongside whichever one of the other two needs less rest. Agree it'd be harsh to drop him, but when Ricardo is the one waiting in the wings its hard to argue his case for a starting berth long-term...

• Like 1

Man City will have to go and buy at least 2 defenders if they want to keep any kind of pace with Liverpool this season. I think this will be another strange season for the top 4 not necessarily us but someone tht isn’t normally there. Great start to the season from us couldn’t be happier. Any news on the injuries to Evans, Vardy and praet? 

Just now, Webbo said:

Give Matt a break, we're all a bit negative sometimes. We take the piss out of each other but we're all Leicester fans. 

I'd be happy to (and indeed have resolved to on a permanent basis) if he gave it a break himself. We've beaten the bookies' favourites for the title 5-2 away from home and his first instinct is to trot out the same smug, self-satisfied nonsense. You had a little good-humoured jab and got back a load of paranoid shite about your agendas, whatever they're meant to be. It can't be fun living like that and trying so hard to put your own faintly desperate spin on every result and performance.

Anyway, enough's enough as you say mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Totally agree that on the whole he's had a good start to the season. Reckon he'll be moved to 3rd CB if we decide to persist with 3atb (although in that case not sure where Ünder would fit), or he'll get the Europa League/cup games alongside whichever one of the other two needs less rest. Agree it'd be harsh to drop him, but when Ricardo is the one waiting in the wings its hard to argue his case for a starting berth long-term...

A brilliant problem to have!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

This is one of the best team goals we've ever scored.

• High Press
  • Amartey steps up and heads it back to a man
  • Wonderful interplay between the Belgians (Notice the off the ball work Praet does to make space for his teammates)
  • Tielemans amazing pass with his "weaker" foot.
  • Incredible surge and cross from Castagne
  • Wonderful finish from the GOAT

Incredible!!!

Not meant to be a dig, but this is why the Belgians we have should be starters, every game, and Madders cannot just walk back into the team unless Praet, but I hope not, is injured. They play fast direct football.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Not meant to be a dig, but this is why the Belgians we have should be starters, every game, and Madders cannot just walk back into the team unless Praet, but I hope not, is injured. They play fast direct football.

Won't argue with you there, they improve the team collectively as a whole. Mendy too.

But Maddison did hit an absolute banger! So a nice problem to have!

We have 50+ games this season... we will need them all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Just to focus on Man City for a minute, because frankly we've run out of superlatives for Leicester. They were awful. They had a lot of ball but I can't really remember many proper chances. And at the back, goodness me. I felt sorry for the centre-backs actually. All three tidy at knocking the ball about but none of the three looked like defenders, Ake was the closest. Torn apart time and again, pretty much every time we had a chance to come forward we ripped them apart. And just no protection at all from midfield or even their own wingbacks. Look at Vardy's second goal, the flick, look how Mendy just watches as Castagne gets down the outside of Ake and rinses him for pace. He's a good 25 yards away as Timo puts the ball across having started in a similar position.

Shocking performance, to a man and collectively. Miles off the title pace.

Could get at job at Sky. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Totally. But if you read the match thread first 200 or so posts, BR was being crucified by most for being negative and cowardly. They seem to have gone very quiet now. Why can't those people come on the post match and admit they were wrong?

Have done, tbf. The first 20 minutes was utter guff and I’m glad everyone else had the foresight to see we were quite obviously going to batter them because from where I was sitting  it looked like we were going to get done about 8-0. 

Look, that’s a fantastic win today but all this high horse moral high ground bollocks does my head in. People react to what they’re seeing with their own eyes on the pitch in front of them (digitally atm), and this is a football forum where people come to vent their spleen. If it looks shit, people are probably going to call it shit, just as much as people were saying how well we played 2nd half. It goes both ways. 

Just have a brandy/coke/beer/water/tea and just enjoy the moment and the victory mate. 

• Like 4