Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

It is hilarious (really bad actually) listening to all these pundits on TV thinking they are so good etc commenting on Man City problems and Leicester. It is obvious they know jack all. Most of them just say the answer is Pep should go buy buy and buy. Come on. And some say things like Vardy has really turned it around of late coming back from when he was on the bench when Puel was here (ONE game).  Atrocious.

It has happened, apparently done within hours of the game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/29327/12084590/ruben-dias-key-to-pep-guardiolas-future-at-manchester-city-jamie-carragher-on-importance-of-centre-back-signing

Benfica announced they are selling Ruben Dias to Manchester City for £65m; transfer follows City's 5-2 defeat to Leicester on Sunday.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 hours ago, January47 said:

Is it just me or is Sterling just the most overrated player ever. Never does anything when it matters and has always been mediocre for England. I'd score 15 a season tapping in the sitters De Bruyne sets up.

Neutralized by Amartey

8 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Vardy has said he will be okay for next week. The one they seem most concerned about is Praet, but hopefully will be not long as he’s started the season very well. Ndidi is a big loss but Mendy has started the season very well for us. It was pleasing for us to see Rodgers adjust his approach which many have felt he was not prepared to do. I’m sure Man City will improve but if we’d spent £400m+ on our defence over the past few years I would be livid! There was no leadership out there yesterday for Man City, and it was a day our young lads came of age

...it took him 14 years to accept that his philosophy only tied his hands!!!

@Muzzy_Larson has stated that he had not changed or adjusted his thinking in his time at Celtic and thank heavens he has relented. It must have taken a lot to admit there are other options, but being a purist, he found it hard to climb down.

Without going over the top, I think we are in for one big season.

35 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

This is a different point. Was just complaining about how little TV pundits know these days and the crap they say.

But on transfers, it is really time more FFP rules are introduced AGAINST rich clubs. They cannot just buy their way to solve problems. There should be some sort of salary cap to begin with. I mean it is really hard to keep players for a start if the highest paid salary at Leicester is £140k-150k a week (Vardy), while Maguire is on £200k a week at Man U (and he is far from being the highest paid player there and Soyuncu is on like 50k). Meanwhile, all these pundits were like - can’t believe a club like Man City with their rich owners are not buying this and this. Stop encouraging the east way out know nothing pundits.

12 hours ago, Webbo said:

The good thing about the change in tactics is teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U won't know how we're going to set up now. A bit less predictability is no bad thing. 

But...they'll be able to work it out from Shaun From Enderby team news....:rolleyes:

Just back from a week of trekking in the lakes, (yes, it was fabulous - thanks for asking). So my evening has been the holy trinity of a great wine, a takeaway and the Man City match that I missed. Hence the tardiness. Apologies. Anyway, .... wow! My thoughts ...  JJ is sooooooo much better as a right-sided CB. Mendy is the consummate professional. And highly effective. WTF was Madders doing (not) picking up Ake at a corner - mismatch. Youri’s smile melts my heart when we score. Just ..... wow 😍😍