Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Here's the full team goal. We get to see James Justin's incredible tenacity to win the ball back. Goes from LB to inside right to put the pressure on, which ultimately leads to the goal.

@Finnegan

That ball from Youri...just as good as the inch perfect one last week against Burnley. 

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He is absolutely incredible. He literally has no weaknesses to his overall game. Attacking, Defending, energy levels, decision making, passing, crossing, everything.

Someone needs to get him hooked up with a Leicester lass who does not want to leave the city as soon as possible.

I absolutely love Ricardo but I'll be honest I'm not even missing him since Timmy arrived. What a player. Expected him to be a solid player but he is way more then that - absolute bargain for £21m.

• Sad 1

Pep is just sour because he got played tactically. I said it in the match thread, you could see what we were doing after that first break where Justin couldn’t make the pass. Riyad’s wonder strike aside we clearly had an intent to soak up pressure and counter. Frustrating as it was at the time, we didn’t panic and stuck to the plan early on.

Watching the highlights back on MOTD, it looks like the team spirit is back again.

The celebrations really showed togetherness.

Man City are an amazing side, but 11 players working together are way more powerful than 11 individuals, even if most of them are technically better, or at least perceived to be.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

I absolutely love Ricardo but I'll be honest I'm not even missing him since Timmy arrived. What a player. Expected him to be a solid player but he is way more then that - absolute bargain for £21m.

Which is a brilliant position to be in as now we have squad depth. Not only did we beat Man City scoring 5 goals, we did it without 2 of our best players in Ricardo and Ndidi.

Leicester City have gone up a level in recent years. We were able to beat big teams sometimes. Generally speaking we beat the smaller teams, but struggled against them at home. We had poor squad depth. Now we have a much better squad, have beaten a genuine title contender away from home and have smashed a relegation candidate. We signed a new attacking player who is yet to play, had Perez and Nacho on the bench and had others in the injury room. We still need more depth, but these are exciting times to be in. We are probably the equivalent of Sevilla in La Liga now... play good stuff, develop good players, you never really want to play us and hopefully also consistently in Europe too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

The best thing about tonight is the amount of Chelsea fans that are rattled on twitter because Leicester fans are saying Vardy is better than Drogba. Love to see it.

Not even a competition. Vardy 108 in 214 games, Drogba 104 in 254, including several years where he was clearly playing for the best team in the league. 

• Like 4

So, what was our shape in the 2nd half?

The second coming of Daniel Amartey appeared to be in a sort of right half position when we had goal kicks, and just in general play really, with some success. Was he the CB that pushed into midfield when we had the ball, or what?

I struggled to work it out. Not that it matters as much as the result.

6 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

So, what was our shape in the 2nd half?

The second coming of Daniel Amartey appeared to be in a sort of right half position when we had goal kicks, and just in general play really, with some success. Was he the CB that pushed into midfield when we had the ball, or what?

I struggled to work it out. Not that it matters as much as the result.

Pep struggled to work it out. You’re not alone. 

3 hours ago, mowmacrefox said:

Pep Guardiola has blamed his Manchester City side's shock 5-2 capitulation at the hands of Leicester City on the visitors' lack of desire to attack in the early stages of the game.:crylaugh:

Is this guy a moron or what. Handed hundreds of millions of pounds and world class players. Practically any one he wants. And he complains about us. Maybe someday he'll actually have a tenth of his budget and have to try and build a team that competes in the most difficult league in the world. Week after week. Talk about having things handed to you on a Golden platter.