Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SpacedX

Things that you have done that most people probably haven't

13 hours ago, los dedos said:

Rescued a bat from a toilet. Poor thing had been swimming around in there for ages . Fished it out with a net and it just lied there panting for ages .

Batshit crazy.

Edited by Parafox

On 03/10/2020 at 12:36, Parafox said:

Had a pint with Frank Worthington and Peter Shilton in a nightclub where I was DJ (Grannies, London Road). They gave the barmaid a fiver to serve them a drink topless. She did!

On 03/10/2020 at 12:38, Izzy said:

Imagine the outrage if two current England internationals did that and it was put on social media.

21 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Absolutely. 

Only a fiver !

Thinking back over this. It was a Monday night, free entry so they probably had cash to spare. 

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We definitely need a "Flanked At The Latrines" thread

My weak offering in comparison to everyone else is being stood between Terry Christian and Noddy Holder while they continued their discussion across me as if I wasn't there.

My contribution to that thread would be Hamza Choudhury, at the end of season awards night 2 seasons back. Not ashamed to say I had a quick peak. Wouldn't surprise me if he calls it the Hamzaconda!!

Wasn't looking closely enough to see if the carpet matched the drapes though...

36 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

My contribution to that thread would be Hamza Choudhury, at the end of season awards night 2 seasons back. Not ashamed to say I had a quick peak. Wouldn't surprise me if he calls it the Hamzaconda!!

Wasn't looking closely enough to see if the carpet matched the drapes though...

Can i just say.. this (in bold) is BRILLIANT if intentional... and still brilliant if not!! :)lol 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Can i just say.. this (in bold) is BRILLIANT if intentional... and still brilliant if not!! :)lol 

I certainly didn't intend to peak when I had a peek but it was just so impressive!

No it was just an unintentional spelling error

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

1970s-1990s Sometimes with work...most put of pleasure.

Following is just an outake..

Traversed the Darien Gap...Traversed Part of Anurpurna-circuit( including Ice range) with children. trekked many original base to first camps in Homepages

Never used Sherpas.

drove the Karakouram & small/large valleys thereof..Drove W.Wide a few of the considered "dangerous roads"decade  before TV-celebs were sponsored.

My wife..Traversed caravan-routes with Expedition wagon,Holding often to large-larry routes,From Pakistan through to Turkey,with put 2 children...I couldnt get a Iran/irak Visa...

Back-packed, every Mexican state,through all terrains....

Met, Federales,Soldiers, whole village/town Dacoits,smugglers,bandits,Local and international police,& customs.Khyber-rifles (both sides of the border)

Drove into China Western Autonomous borders.....

Seen nearly all the famous known Wild animals,in their Natural habitat..

Not One bit of Human aggrivation....Biggest danger..stupidity & Ignorance a sprig of naivity...

I decided to Open upto a few of my experiences...Not for bragging purposes, but to help to show,the World is available to all...

Go out & grasp it..!!

:)

Again, I see the meds are kicking in. Are you sure that wasn't a morphine driven dream? :D

Fair play though.

During the Irish troubles we had a few bomb scares where I worked and I along with 2 other suckers was asked by the MD to do a search of the offices, warehouse and factory floor for unusual packages. I had no idea what I was looking for as the whole business premises were awash with packages.

Bloody frightening and frankly pointless, Even scarier was over 1000 people were allowed to return on our not finding anything. 

55 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Again, I see the meds are kicking in. Are you sure that wasn't a morphine driven dream? :D

Fair play though.

Like I said..Go & Grasp it....I have no need to put Dream Stories into my life,I have had GFs,and lastly my darling wife, who had thankfully that adventurous gene.

Last 12 years, those further Dreams unfortunately imploded with my Chronic health problems....My Wife still thankfully fit...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Like I said.. the Next Generation should..

Go & Grasp it.!! 

I have no need to put Dream Stories into my life,I have had GFs,and lastly my darling wife,

who had thankfully that adventurous gene.

Last 12 years, those further Dreams unfortunately imploded with my Chronic health problems....My Wife is still thankfully fit...!!

Edited by fuchsntf

On the subject of mildly illegal activity. ..

Once got a platform-ticket at London Rd station and travelled to Penzance on it.

Once got chased by a cop car when giving a mate a lift home on my old motorbike (he had no helmet on). Managed to give them the slip in St Peter's estate. 

Er...that'll do for now. 

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

1970s-1990s Sometimes with work...most out of pleasure.

Following is just an outake..

Traversed the Darien Gap...Traversed Part of Anurpurna-circuit( including Ice range) with children.

Trekked many original base to first camps in Himalayas

Never used Sherpas.

Drove the Karakouram & small/large valleys thereof..Drove W.Wide a few of the considered "dangerous roads"decades  before TV-celebs were sponsored.

My wife..Traversed caravan-routes with Expedition wagon,Holding often to large-lorry routes, from Pakistan through to Turkey,with our 2 children...I couldnt get a Iran/irak Visa...

Back-packed, every Mexican state,through all terrains....

Met, Federales,Soldiers, whole village/town Dacoits,smugglers,bandits,Local and international police,& customs.Khyber-rifles (both sides of the border)

Drove into China Western Autonomous borders.....

Seen nearly all the famous known Wild animals,in their Natural habitat..

Not One bit of Human aggrivation....Biggest danger..stupidity , Ignorance & a sprig of naivity...

I decided to lay Open  a few of my experiences...Not for bragging purposes, but to help to show,the world is available to all...

Go out & grasp it..!!

:)

Of all the people on the forum you are the one I would most like to go for a drink with, I would love to hear your stories

• Like 2

Got a Xmas card off Phil Tufnell.(sister in laws step brother) with a message saying I was shit at cricket.

Won a world Championship as a kid

im sure I’ve mentioned these before.

My personal favourite .

me and my mate pretending to pull an imaginary rope across the road when a car was coming.Car screeched to a halt and out pops a copper who was also Worlds strongest man Geoff Capes.Of all the people.

Think he made us roar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Of all the people on the forum you are the one I would most like to go for a drink with, I would love to hear your stories

You'd hear them, but whether you'd understand them or not is another matter :D

P.S. Fuchsy is probably the most authentic poster on here. He's nuts but I love him

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Helped design and build an office I worked in.

Climbed Snowdon (2nd hardest route) with a 2 year old on my back.

Been to 11 festivals in one summer.

Presented my Masters dissertation at an international conference.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Thats a Kind compliment...thx..:beer:...:cheers:....

One thing to always remember...your neighbour, or Quiet  workmate might just Not be so boring has you think..

Plus..Never demean your own achievements...Everybody but everybody has a Story to tell...😃

• Like 1

Sat in the cockpit of a BA 737 for take off, cruise and landing - pre 9/11 

Saw a knife-throwing act where a member of the audience invited on stage and got pinned to the board by a knife in the arm

Got Guillain Barre syndrome where the immune system attacks your nervous system and completely paralysed but fully conscious, could not speak or move. Spent one month on a ventilator in ITU 

My daughter has met George Clooney twice, Benny and Bjorn Abba, Sir Tim Rice, worked with Craig Revell Horwood (v.nice chap) Miranda and perhaps the most famous of all the Reggae Reggae sauce man!

• Like 1