Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Project Big Picture"

36 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Whelan is as always a class act!

Not a name I've come across before this (or the Everton name for that matter) - she's that good, is she? Has she been CEO for long?

Let's hope those two don't let the Red Two sneak in any of their lunacy by some other way.

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Not a name I've come across before this (or the Everton name for that matter) - she's that good, is she? Has she been CEO for long?

Let's hope those two don't let the Red Two sneak in any of their lunacy by some other way.

Been CEO since the current owners came in I believe. Worked with them at King Power previous to the football involvement. 

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Been CEO since the current owners came in I believe. Worked with them at King Power previous to the football involvement. 

Thanks, two big businesses then. This seems an opportunity for the majority of the PL clubs to work together to rein in the greedy, so having some sane people who have some kind of concept about English football is a good thing.

If we all get to throw bricks at Parry, even better!

31 minutes ago, AndyK said:

How good is she? There's a reason why she's in this GIF lol:whistle:

giphy.gif

Also anyone that got 80m for Harry Maguire is quite clearly an absolute genius. She personally dealt with Ed Woodward over the deal, along with Rudkin.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

How good is she? There's a reason why she's in this GIF lol:whistle:

giphy.gif

Also anyone that got 80m for Harry Maguire is quite clearly an absolute genius. She personally dealt with Ed Woodward over the deal, along with Rudkin.

That was quite an achievement, although Woodward's cluelessness must make it easier!

There's much amusement at my team being outbid for Maguire, and Sanchez and Fred - all of which seemed to be Woodward desperate to make a statement, and particularly for Sanchez, the agent taking them for all they could!

Leicester big dawgs are the classy act again, thankfully this stupid plan was thrown out.

That said, there is an issue with clubs and revenue... but giving out money to the leagues isn't necessarily the answer, is it right to be bailing clubs out who have stretched themselves ahead of COVID.. there's a reason why Mel Morris backed this project, because his bad management is running Derby into the ground!

I would rather grants have to be applied, and the genuinely needy clubs get what they deserve to keep them afloat during these times. And ongoing should there be any further problems.

• Like 1

For a guy like Henry Winter to say this, says something about how good and well regarded SW is. 

A proper journalist who takes pride in his job and has to contest with the morons who undermine the profession at places like Talk Sport - he researches what he talks about not just hell bent on getting clicks like those gutter men/women.  

All in all, it reflects that SW has made a very good impression on her counterparts which is always a good thing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

For a guy like Henry Winter to say this, says something about how good and well regarded SW is. 

A proper journalist who takes pride in his job and has to contest with the morons who undermine the profession at places like Talk Sport - he researches what he talks about not just hell bent on getting clicks like those gutter men/women.  

All in all, it reflects that SW has made a very good impression on her counterparts which is always a good thing. 

He really likes leicester. He lives nearby and the club are always good to him. Helps that hes well researched and doesn't go in for much of the transfer guff.

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Wenger coming out and saying 92 clubs is too many. Twat.

Maybe hes right.....i vote to get rid of arsenal. 

34 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Wenger coming out and saying 92 clubs is too many. Twat.

Absolute bullshit from this idiot. Our leagues are envied the world over. It’s why Wenger and many others come here. The competitive nature of the lower leagues sets us apart. The playoffs are a great spectacle for non-top league football. 4 leagues, 3 with 20 plus teams and a conference league which still attracts a tv deal. Yeah, come back to us when your Ligue 2 has the same appeal as our League Two. 

We get a few things wrong in this country football wise. Our international game has fallen behind France in terms of competitiveness but when it comes to league football, putting the finances to one side, we are second to none in competitiveness. I love being able to tune into sky sports or bt sport and watch gillingham v Bradford. It keeps much more entertained then St Etienne v Lyon.  Maybe that’s just me. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AndyK said:

Really surprised at reading this but yeah she has been CEO since King Power took over the club 

She is also on the board at OH Leuven 

she is also the Senior Executive Vice President of King Power Group 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

There’s enough home grown dolts trying to ruin English football so we don’t need the likes of Klopp and Wenger denigrating 150 years of English football history any further. If I’d worked in France for decades and benefitted massively from French football I’d like to think I’d show a modicum of self awareness and not try to change the landscape to my parochial self interest 

I was going to say the same but in fewer words.

Wengers a cùnt!

• Like 1