Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Project Big Picture"

It would have been interesting if the voting model and distribution model had been split across all the premier league teams rather than 6+3, personally I think all the premier league teams would have agreed to that. 

In the end the truth is every club across every league is out looking after themselves. I’d say the leak was sheer opportunism.. if it had been passed Liverpool and United would have benefitted, even though it’s not passed it gets the question on the table and a negotiating position for them, as well as everyone else to start from.

8 minutes ago, sishades said:

He tweeted this

"Liverpool should consider abandoning the premier league now. Progress blocked for the English game by shameless clubs just making up the numbers."

Gosh, a bloke getting the arse because others see things differently to him and he cannot comprehend why that might be the case.

9 minutes ago, sishades said:

He tweeted this

"Liverpool should consider abandoning the premier league now. Progress blocked for the English game by shameless clubs just making up the numbers."

Wasn’t that tweeted at him? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sishades said:

He tweeted this

Pretty sure some random bloke tweeted that at him. Hence it being from someone else.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sishades said:

My error, you are correct. Still a dick though.

it’s tough to call someone out when you’re putting stuff at his door which is nothing to do with him ! 

I think the best policy is to accept that those in positions of responsibility don’t publicise ridiculous stuff (apart from the orange man) - 

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't personally class Arsenal and Tottenham as 'top six' status.

Both are transitioning as big clubs with perhaps too much expectations placed on them.

Whilst Chelsea quite warrant being in such a term, considering their success under Mourinho.

Am not convinced Man Utd will ever be such a strong force on-the-pitch again, as they've obviously been whilst Ferguson was at the helm.

7 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

cant believe the morons thought something like this would get approved tbh

They didn't. This is just another shot across the bow. John Henry and crew have had this in their plans for as long as FSG have owned Liverpool. This isn't done and you can bet they will be back. If American ownership retreats then that would be a win.

Reminds me of Jurassic Park with the Velociraptors testing the fences. They wont give up unless there is not enough profit to be had.

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

I'm glad the PL has put some brakes on this.  But make no mistake, these billionaires have organized and are settled in to wage a long war.  The only way to win against them will be to organize the countervailing interests ... i.e. money and political leverage ... otherwise a million of us blathering on social media is piss into the wind.

I sent this letter to the Guardian.  I'm sure they'll publish it  :rolleyes: 

Has “Project Big Picture” gobsmacked you, my fellow fans?  Alas, it simply reflects the kleptocratic ways of today’s world, including our favorite bit called “football”.  These are pages from a well-thumbed playbook:

- legal and financial infrastructure laid to capture the wealth of an economic sector;

- pennies to quiet the “little” leaders (EFL club owners);

- an obsequious media.

A would-be tyranny has amassed enough power to show its hand.  It now declares itself, and formally lays out the new rules, its rules.  Its audacity is amazing -- not just the complete seizure of control of the four Leagues, but the impudent disregard of our values as supporters.

This is the final step in converting what was a sport and became an industry, into a cash machine existing to further enrich a tiny, self-selected cabal.

Get over your nostalgia for a perfect world of cheap tickets and open terraces.  Recognize this threat as the final, existential threat and concentrate your energies on it.

Become active in your supporters’ trusts, connect them and find leaders.  Greg Clarke and the FA appear ready.  This fight will require the modern apparatus of social media, fundraising, PR, lobbyists, and opportunistic politicians.  One victory won’t settle it.

Supporters of “big six” clubs -- this means you as well.  You no longer have the luxury of having it both ways.  Do you love and value football -- or only the success of your own club, at any price and any cost?

Great comment. Amazes me that supporters in the UK really don't know what they're up against. They will lay waste to this place in order to get their Almighty Profit. Just look at the US.

10 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

Silly argument really as the top 6 changes over time with clubs like Blackburn, Leeds, Wolves, Derby and even Forest having time there.

The plan was just flying a kite and was never going to be accepted.

The days of NottsF and Derby having their time belongs in the Alan Birchenall era. Although Birch is is still relevant, those two clubs will stay in the long forgotten past. 

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The days of NottsF and Derby having their time belongs in the Alan Birchenall era. Although Birch is is still relevant, those two clubs will stay in the long forgotten past. 

Notts forest hate being called notts forest, so if you could refrain from calling notts forest .. notts forest all at notts forest would appreciate it.