Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can I just check, in case I've misunderstood you... But did you mean Southampton? 

Quite clearly that. I think there’s some sort of punctuation missing. 

38 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If Evans is fit then I don't think it will be as bad as we are fearing.

Kasper

Castagne

Fofana

Evans

Justin

Mendy

Tielemans

Under

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho

It's actually not bad, nothing on the bench though. 

Evans and Vardy will both play. 

Under will be on the bench. But I do agree with you, massive over reaction. Let’s see what Sunday brings! 

I was getting worried reading about all these injuries over the last few days, and its particularly annoying when its players that have gone away on pointless international duty and picked them up. But you know what, it is what it is. We'll have to cope. Its totally out of our hands, half these injuries weren't even caused at the club. If we lose to Villa, so be it, I'd rather the players who are out recover properly and come back fully fit rather than playing this weekend and potentially being out longer.

We still have a decent team to put out. Tielemans, Mendy, Barnes, Castagne, Kasper etc. The central defence is a worry but this is why we've signed the likes of Forfana, to cover the others when they are out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I was getting worried reading about all these injuries over the last few days, and its particularly annoying when its players that have gone away on pointless international duty and picked them up. But you know what, it is what it is. We'll have to cope. Its totally out of our hands, half these injuries weren’t even caused at the club. If we lose to Villa, so be it, I'd rather the players who are out recover properly and come back fully fit rather than playing this weekend and potentially being out longer.

We still have a decent team to put out. Tielemans, Mendy, Barnes, Castagne, Kasper etc. The central defence is a worry but this is why we've signed the likes of Forfana, to cover the others when they are out.

Only two (Evans and Cags) weren’t.

The internationals didn’t help, but there’s a bigger issue with injuries.

Heads should ****ing roll for this planning of international breaks. Totally forseeable problems and we've ended up paying the price through the idiocy of others.

Absolutely livid. Going to be even better when the Europa League starts isn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Heads should ****ing roll for this planning of international breaks. Totally forseeable problems and we've ended up paying the price through the idiocy of others.

Absolutely livid. Going to be even better when the Europa League starts isn't it?

The internationals obviously didn’t help, but we would have still had Ricardo, Ndidi, Amartey definitely out, and Wes, Praet, Maddison and Vardy doubtful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Only two (Evans and Cags) weren’t.

The internationals didn’t help, but there’s a bigger issue with injuries.

Peaet had a knock, and went away with Belgium and has come back potentially worse.

Soyuncu, Evans, Praet, Vardy, Maddison and Amartey are the fresh injuries. So that's 3 of the 6 that have happened or a minor niggle made worse on international duty.

Ndidi, Ricardo, Morgan, and Benkovic we've been coping without for a while so I wouldn't really include them in this latest panic. Morgan is old, Benkovic is permanently injured anyway, Ricardos was caused by an in game tackle and Ndidi is the only one I think we've made worse, by rushing him back with previous injuries.

Anyway my point was there's **** all we can do right now, so let's not get upset, let's not rush players back. It is what it is, and others teams have similar levels of injury, like Newcastle, Liverpool, Man Utd etc, so just put the best out we can against Villa and hope we pull off a result. I honestly think the reason ots become so apparent here is because we've lost a large number of defenders, had it not been practically the who of our defence I don't think people would be so upset.

Frankly, I don’t really share much of the doom and gloom here. 

We always knew that any knock to Vardy would be a setback and apparently reconciled ourselves with Nacho as a short-term replacement for a few games (the good thing if Vardy is unavailable is that Nacho seem to enjoy playing against Villa), so that should significantly knock us off stride. It merely requires a different set up and tactics, since it’s not exactly a like-for-like replacement.

Our biggest issue is at CB, since very few would have envisioned having both our starters (and possibly Big Wes) out at the same time, even though some of us had hoped for another quality CB signing once it became clear that Benkovic was peripheral to the plans for this season (but of course there were arguably financial constraints). Nonetheless, we should still have enough (barely) with Fofana, Fuchs and probably (or possibly) Wes and Evans.

If both Madders and Praet are unavailable, that would obviously be a significant setback (although it sounds as if Maddison can play some part) but not necessarily disastrous. Between Tielemans, Mendy, Perez, Albrighton, Ünder and Barnes (even Hamza in a pinch) we should have enough. Of course, the bench becomes much lighter in terms of quality and further injuries could well do us in, but still think someone like Gray remains a viable option off the bench.

Go get them, yer beautiful Foxes! :scarf:

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx

after the last game the midfield worries me most, maybe Choudhury should start? I don't think mendy and tielemans bring enough physicality.

1 minute ago, Hansifüx said:

after the last game the midfield worries me most, maybe Choudhury should start? I don't think mendy and tielemans bring enough physicality.

Mendy is a much better footballer than Choudhury. Although Hamza is still a good prospect, he’s been too mistake prone when he’s been given the opportunities. Ndidi has had two quite bad injuries in the last year and Hamza didn’t take his opportunity, now it’s Mendy’s turn. 

So, is this right?! 

Vards, Evans, Wes, Praet, Maddison possible but unfit to a degree and/or carrying knocks

Cags, Wilf, Amartey, Ricardo all proper out

Little Wes possibly riddled with Covid. 

Why can't it be Perez who gets injured?! He's like the ugly bird who just won't go no matter what

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Hansifüx
2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Mendy is a much better footballer than Choudhury. Although Hamza is still a good prospect, he’s been too mistake prone when he’s been given the opportunities. Ndidi has had two quite bad injuries in the last year and Hamza didn’t take his opportunity, now it’s Mendy’s turn. 

could they both play together, have they ever in the past?