Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

22 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Peaet had a knock, and went away with Belgium and has come back potentially worse.

Soyuncu, Evans, Praet, Vardy, Maddison and Amartey are the fresh injuries. So that's 3 of the 6 that have happened or a minor niggle made worse on international duty.

Ndidi, Ricardo, Morgan, and Benkovic we've been coping without for a while so I wouldn't really include them in this latest panic. Morgan is old, Benkovic is permanently injured anyway, Ricardos was caused by an in game tackle and Ndidi is the only one I think we've made worse, by rushing him back with previous injuries.

Anyway my point was there's **** all we can do right now, so let's not get upset, let's not rush players back. It is what it is, and others teams have similar levels of injury, like Newcastle, Liverpool, Man Utd etc, so just put the best out we can against Villa and hope we pull off a result. I honestly think the reason ots become so apparent here is because we've lost a large number of defenders, had it not been practically the who of our defence I don't think people would be so upset.

Doubtful Praet came back actually “worse”. His condition was always game-by-game and seemingly hadn’t gotten much better (nor, it seems, much worse). He was dressed for 2  of the Belgium games and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him dressed for the Villa game (even if ultimately unused, as with the Belgium games).

Nonetheless, even without the break it’s doubtful we would have Praet fully fit and available, because if his injury has arguably been aggravated during the break, it would have been much worse if he had tried playing in EPL games during the same period. At worst, this merely resets a click that would have run anyway.

We are desperately unlucky because normally such a 2-week international break should have been helpful to us by giving crocked players more time to heal. Unfortunately, for some reason, it just hasn’t worked out that way this time around. However, that’s a bigger issue generally than just the international break.

26 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Worst case scenario;

Schmeichel,

Justin, Fofana, Fuchs, Castagne,

Mendy,

Tielemans, Maddison (assume he’s fit?) 

Under, Iheanacho, Barnes. 

Brendan isn’t going to switch Justin and Castagne at this point.

Even if he were to eventually do so, why start the two least experienced players on the same side?

Back to 4-1-4-1 please. No need to go back 3 at home v these in my opinion. They will only go 1 up front. I am predicting Evans, Maddison and Vardy will be fit. 

Kasper 

Castagne  Fofana   Evans  Justin 

Mendy

Under Madders Tielemans Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Fuchs, Choudhury, Albrighton, Perez, Iheanacho

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 15:18, KFS said:

Think this one will be a classic bounce back to reality for both teams. We’ll be working hard to put last week right and in their elation, they’ll miss things and be overconfident. 2-1 Leicester for me.

I might take this back given our injury situ 😅

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

They’re in great form and we’re about 50% of our first team light ( but it’s just an opinion) 

That’s fair enough. Interested to see why that’s all! 

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

Back to 4-1-4-1 please. No need to go back 3 at home v these in my opinion. They will only go 1 up front. I am predicting Evans, Maddison and Vardy will be fit. 

Kasper 

Mendy

Vardy

Fingers crossed we can field this team. Definitely the strongest we have potentially available.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Really weird one this. How's Villa's injury table? Think they're fully strength.

I can imagine Grealish wanting to tear us a new one after the shambles treatment by Southgate

Yep all the players they have missing are back ups

Wesley, Engels, Heaton, Hause

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Kasper 

Mendy

Vardy

Switch JJ and Castagne and that's what I would be going for too if we can.