Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

Worst case scenario surely looks like this, assuming Benkovic, Dewsbury-Hall and James all get loans today.

Schmeichel

Castagne Morgan Fuchs Justin

Mendy

Choudhury Tielemans

Under Vardy Barnes

Subs: Ward, O'Connor, Thomas, Choudhury, Perez, Albrighton/Gray, Iheanacho

Press conference in a bit anyway, fingers crossed it's not that bad

Do we know about the fitness of Fuchs and Benkovic? If not available then could we resort to putting Justin at CB (but in a 4 not a 3 or 5) and playing Thomas at LB so it would be Castagne, Morgan, Justin, Thomas in a back four. S**t, we're getting hammered aren't we! 

Pre-Match Press Conference Key Headlines:

BREAKING: Brendan Rodgers confirms that Caglar Soyuncu is out of Sunday’s game against Aston Villa with an adductor strain, and will be out for a “number of weeks”.

Rodgers: “Jonny [Evans] has come back with abdominal pain. We’ve got Vards who has an issue around his calf. Praet has done some work, but he’s a doubt and Daniel Amartey is out with his hamstring”

@StringerSport - Might we see Big Wes and Little Wes this weekend?

Rodgers: “Little Wes is available & skipper Wes has had some issues with his lower back - but if he’s required he’ll be available to play. We’re awaiting Jonny Evans’ scan”

Rodgers on Fofana debut: “I’ve got no qualms with him playing. He’s ready to play - but we’re hopeful that Jonny [Evans] will okay and ready to play”

Rodgers on Villa: “They got the job done in the end [last season] and they’ve recruited very well this summer. They’ve started very well, and it’ll be a really tough game for us”

Rodgers on Villa: “[The win vs Liverpool] shows you their talent. They have a good structure in their team, and they have players who can cause you a problem. You have to have the full concentration”

Rodgers on Grealish: “Players like Jack will always present a problem. England are very fortunate they have his talent. His personality on the field is fantastic, and he’s got an in-built brain for football”

Rodgers on Grealish: “He understands where his space is, he draws fouls, he takes people out of position and his weight of pass is excellent. He’s a marvelous player”

Rodgers on the start: “We’ve started very well, winning 3 out of 4. We’ve needed different performances, and we’ve been good in the attacking side and although there’s areas to work on, defensively we’ve been good”

Rodgers on slow starts: “In 3 of the 4 games we’ve conceded the first goal which we need to rectify. But we’ve stayed calm, other than against West Ham where we rushed our game”

Rodgers says Dewsbury-Hall, Benkovic & Matty James all have potential moves on the table but we’ll have to “wait and see” if moves materialise this afternoon.

Luke Thomas will stay with the first team and won’t be leaving the club on loan.

Rodgers on PPV: “I’m disappointed for supporters. It’s already difficult for them, and if you can’t afford to pay that you can’t see the game. I’m hoping it won’t be here for a sustained period of time”

Rodgers on Project Big Picture: “It’s a complicated issue, for many years there’s been so many elements to the organisation of the game. What’s most important is that everyone comes together”

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 2

Rodgers on huge injury blow

"We think that Cags will most definitely be out with an abductor strain. Jonny has come back with abdominal pain. We’ve got a number. Vards has an issue around his calf, so we’re awaiting a scan on that. We’ll see how Praet is with his knee. Amartey is out with his hamstring. It hasn’t been too kind to us. We think Cags is definitely out for a few weeks."

Rodgers on long-term injuries

"Ricardo and Wilf, these guys are a way off it as well."

ehp2HthBB04G.gif

Jesus wept

Soyuncu (groin) out for a number of weeks

Morgan lower back problem would be ready if required (injection I'd imagine)

Evans scan on abdominal problem but they hope he'll be fit

Vardy calf scan

Ndidi way off

Ricardo way off

Praet a doubt with knee

Amartey out with hamstring

Maddison not mentioned so I assume he's fit.

Rodgers on Fofana

"I’ve got no qualms about Wesley coming in to play. He played in the early part of the season, and he’s ready to come in and play now. We’ll see how Wes Morgan is and we’ll assess it over the next 24 hours, but we’re hopeful Jonny will be okay."

Rodgers on loan exits for Benkovic, Dewsbury-Hall, James

"The three players you’ve mentioned, there’s movement there. It’s important for them to get games. We’ll see what happens this afternoon. Luke will stay, and we’ll reassess that in January."

Well that's put me in a ****ing mood :mad:

Any chance of a late panic signing happening today? 

Fingers crossed Evans makes it. His experience is the biggest miss out of all them players for me, especially with Soyuncu out. Bit of a pisstake by Northern Ireland to play Evans in all 3, especially when they tested Steven Davis for the last one. I get that they don't have the biggest pool of players so harder to rotate but you have to manage someone in his thirties.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Jesus wept

Soyuncu (groin) out for a number of weeks

Morgan lower back problem would be ready if required (injection I'd imagine)

Evans scan on abdominal problem but they hope he'll be fit

Vardy calf scan

Ndidi way off

Ricardo way off

Praet a doubt with knee

Amartey out with hamstring

Maddison not mentioned so I assume he's fit.

Dorset tweeted Maddison is available for ‘part of the game’. 

How’s that ‘worst case scenario’ you posted earlier looking?

Edited by when_you're_smiling

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Dorset tweeted Maddison is available for ‘part of the game’. 

How’s that ‘worst case scenario’ you posted earlier looking?

Schmeichel

Castagne Fofana Fuchs Justin

Mendy

Choudhury Tielemans

Under Iheanacho Barnes

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Thomas, Maddison, Albrighton, Gray, Perez

Can't see him risking Vardy or Praet given Zorya/Arsenal next week, and Evans doesn't sound promising either. If Morgan has got a back issue I don't see how he's fit to play 90 minutes in the PL 48 hours later.

4 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Schmeichel

Castagne Fofana Fuchs Justin

Mendy

Choudhury Tielemans

Under Iheanacho Barnes

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Thomas, Maddison, Albrighton, Gray, Perez

Can't see him risking Vardy or Praet given Zorya/Arsenal next week, and Evans doesn't sound promising either. If Morgan has got a back issue I don't see how he's fit to play 90 minutes in the PL 48 hours later.

Pretty much what I'd go for if anyone is gonna be a serious doubt/unfit. 

Very worrying and we've not even hit the peak of the season where games are more regular. Not only the international break to blame as some of these players had injuries beforehand. 

Gotta struggle through! 

• Like 1