Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

Guest Hansifüx
1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at here..... It's like trying to read the Matrix  

:) I could imagine to play with a flexible 3 at the back with castagne being one of them and  moving into the three and out. but I would see castagne more defensive in this game. And I think there should be more distance between castagne and  under or gray (as a sub), with Hamza closing that space in between if necessary. I would leave some space for under/gray because these players can benefit from having some more space around them with them liking to run on to defenders. I also think we need to keep their left back busy with defensive duties. I'd would treat the left side differently with  Perez (or Tielemans) playing slidely left sides and closer  to  Barnes (or Madders) ... on the right I would have fofana help out justin and enable justin to connect with barnes. Perez or tielmans I see distributing passes to the players around them and especially to the offensive players. Nacho in the front as Vardy is out, and as someone who can play with his back to their goal and someone who is good in the box. I am a little concerned about Grealish, he seems really good from what I have seen and he will be an issue for our right side. That is also a reason why I chose this "unbalanced" setup. 

This post off their forum is a good observation of how they have improved their XI.  They have replaced mediocre Championship-level talent at four or five positions with good PL quality.

let's just pause to see how far we've come since last we played them. Losing 4-0 and resigned to relegation... Look at the squad from that day to the probable one for this fixture;

Reina now MARTINEZ

Guilbert now CASH

Engels now KONSA

MINGS

TARGETT

Nakamba now BARKLEY

LUIZ

Hourihane now MCGINN

Elmo now TREZEGUET (with Traore waiting)

GREALISH

Samatta now WATKINS

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, KingsX said:

This post off their forum is a good observation of how they have improved their XI.  They have replaced mediocre Championship-level talent at four or five positions with good PL quality.

let's just pause to see how far we've come since last we played them. Losing 4-0 and resigned to relegation... Look at the squad from that day to the probable one for this fixture;

Reina now MARTINEZ

Guilbert now CASH

Engels now KONSA

MINGS

TARGETT

Nakamba now BARKLEY

LUIZ

Hourihane now MCGINN

GREALISH

Samatta now WATKINS

Yep. And on the flip side we're likely to be fielding a much weaker side than when we beat them 4-0, due to our injury crisis.

51 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Reina now MARTINEZ

Guilbert now CASH

Engels now KONSA

MINGS

TARGETT

Nakamba now BARKLEY

LUIZ

Hourihane now MCGINN

GREALISH

Samatta now WATKINS

a full strength city side is much better than a full strength Aston villa side. Injuries make this game hard to call though unfortunately. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Reina now MARTINEZ

Guilbert now CASH

Engels now KONSA

MINGS

TARGETT

Nakamba now BARKLEY

LUIZ

Hourihane now MCGINN

GREALISH

Samatta now WATKINS

...Samatta is a relatively new recruit, came to Villa last season!!!

Watched him on Youtube and seemingly looking like a very good player. He either requires integration, in order to acclimatize or chances are they will be looking to cut their losses. I remember he came on against us, nothing seemed to stick regarding ball retention and Grealish had a word with his bench and had him pulled.

Edited by sacreblueits442

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Samatta is a relatively new recruit, came to Villa last season!!!

Watched him on Youtube and looks like a player, seemingly looking like a very good player. He either requires integration in order to acclimatize or chances are they will be looking to cut their losses. I remember he came on against us, nothing seemed to stick regarding ball retention and Grealish had a word with his bench and had him pulled.

He's already left.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I think we will go:

Kasper

perez Jakupovic Ward Choudhury

Under Mendy Tielemans Barnes

Iheanacho Mable the Tea lady

Subs: Rodgers, Toure, Birchenall, Elliott + 3 FoxesTalk competition winners

I like the idea of playing three (keepers) at the back, but Mabel the tea lady has gone out on loan to Shepshed Albion. Apparently.

16 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

As long as (Earl) Gray provides she will deliver.

She hasn’t got Vardy’s pace so isn’t a fan of the oolong ball over the top.

Kolo will give her some (PG) tips on how to deal with the big Centre half.

All as part of a front two I can see her and Iheanacho interTwinings really well.

I can see things boiling over as our boys really urn their wages before Villa "leave" with 3 points (just an opinion, I'm not stirring or milking it)

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I think we will go:

Kasper

perez Jakupovic Ward Choudhury

Under Mendy Tielemans Barnes

Iheanacho Mable the Tea lady

Subs: Rodgers, Toure, Birchenall, Elliott + 3 FoxesTalk competition winners

I can just picture Grays sulk face when he sees that team sheet and realises he STILL can't get a look in!

Tough game and that’s because of the injuries. It seems they’ve been quite lucky there. I still think they’re weak at the back. 

I wasn’t confident for the Man City game but confident for the West Ham game. I’m again feeling down about this game. Hopefully whoever we do put out gets the job done. I’d take a point at the minute which is disappointing as our full strength side is a class above these lot. 

25 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

A lot of suspicion on their forum that some of our injuries (Vardy in particular) are smoke screens....

Let's hope.

Rodgers said they'd assess Vardy and Evans so it wasn't definite that they were unavailable.

19 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at here..... It's like trying to read the Matrix  

"Neo reverse somersaulted in slow motion, it took about 10 seconds, maybe 11, either way it was really slow and it also panned around in three hundred and sixty degrees like you've never seen before, as he expertly dodged about 30 bullets, maybe 40, who knows? the tension was really big"

"A Regular Normal Computer Programmer Discovers The Truth About a Massive Conspiracy Theory" ©

The book's better than the film.