Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hate when people get adductor wrong and spell it as abductor lol

I mean, Soyuncu is well equipped to kidnap someone but this isn't the reason he is out lol

Two different types of muscle. Adductors are the muscles that allow you to bring body parts back towards your body, Abductor’s allow you to take them away. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shane said:

Could Castagne play CB if Evans & Big Wes are unavailable? He seems like the type of player who could play anywhere and do a good job. 

RB: Justin

CB: Castagne

CB: Fofana

LB: Thomas/Fuchs

I'd rather Castagne on either side. Fuchs has played CB so would rather play him there. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I'd rather Castagne on either side. Fuchs has played CB so would rather play him there. 

That’s true, we’d lose a lot of our attacking threat without Castagne on the flanks. Do we know if Fuchs is available? 

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Really don't understand why northern Ireland felt the need to start Johnny Evans in 3 games in 7 days including 120 minutes in the first one.

fair enough the first one was absolutely massive for them, no complaints but that last game against Norway was a complete joke they rested every single other player except Evans and he's 32 and carrying an injury coming into the international break! 

I agree, it's an absolute joke. At least Belgium and Turkey rested Praet and Cags. I hope Brendan had words. Disgusting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

Any young centre backs to call upon with Knight out on loan?

The U23s are similarly light now they've loaned out Johnson and Hughes - Darragh O'Connor is the only professional at U23 level, the next best is first year scholar Ben Nelson who is only 16!

• Like 1

Kasper 

Albrighton Forfana Fuchs Justin Castagne 

Mendy

Maddison Tielemans

Vardy Barnes 

Vardy will play and wont play Thursday. You cant throw Forfana in as a two with Fuchs. 

Edited by goose2010

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

The U23s are similarly light now they've loaned out Johnson and Hughes - Darragh O'Connor is the only professional at U23 level, the next best is first year scholar Ben Nelson who is only 16!

Bloody hell, so even the last resort option in an injury crisis of raiding the u23s/u18s is virtually closed to us! We'll have to be looking into the u12s at this rate!

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Quite simply we should be refusing to allow players to go out on international duty unless it's a key game such as a qualifier. Our players should not be playing in friendlies.

yeah not sure that is allowed / possible. Also not sure the players would be that happy about it. 

29 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Jesus wept

Soyuncu (groin) out for a number of weeks

Morgan lower back problem would be ready if required (injection I'd imagine)

Evans scan on abdominal problem but they hope he'll be fit

Vardy calf scan

Ndidi way off

Ricardo way off

Praet a doubt with knee

Amartey out with hamstring

Maddison not mentioned so I assume he's fit.

The Praet injury is very odd. He was supposedly back training before the West Ham game but then missed that altogether. He then goes off to be with the Belgium squad for 2 weeks, being named as a sub in 2 of their games, so assume he was fit to come on if needed, and yet comes back to us and is declared a doubt again. How come Belgium didn't send him back sooner? And didn't Cags pick up an injury ahead of Turkey's first game last week - why was he not brought back straight away to start treatment? All very frustrating.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I can see him playing 5 at the back to make up for inexperienced players/having to use players out of position

Schmeichel

Castagne, Justin, Fofana, Morgan/Fuchs, Thomas

Choudhury, Mendy, Tielemans

Barnes, Iheanacho

Surely no more 5 at the back at home against teams like Villa. If our defence is weakened, let's try to out score the opposition by getting as many attackers on as possible. Surely Maddison is fit to start now isn't he? He's been out since the start of July but for a couple of cameos.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

The only positive I'm taking from this is I love the fact Brendan called Fofana little Wes 😂

Let's hope Brendan is double bluffing and Praet, Evan's and Vards will come sprinting out! So disappointing considering the start we have had especially Dennis 😔

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Shouldn't have this many injured so early in the season. Wonder if this has anything to do with Rennie not being here. FFs get it sorted. 

Seriously? It's so easy to try and put the blame on someone isn't it lol yes because one guy in the medical department is sacked all of a sudden we'll start to get loads of injuries.....lol

Are people really finding it that hard to work out why there are so many injuries? 

Stupid amount of games at international level and club level

Pointless international friendlies

Pretty much zero pre-season for the first time I've ever seen

A lot of clubs are in the same position. It's unfortunately just one of those things that Premier League clubs have to go through at the moment. Stop crying over it. 

• Like 4