Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

38 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fofana now a doubt too lol we're going to lose this sadly. It was already a banana skin but I feel like nobody is fit.

...why are we now so susceptible to injuries!!!

We spent the off season looking to add depth and now find ourselves weaker than we have ever been before. Now it might be that it is bad luck, and we, like other teams must have our fair share. 

A recent post I read claims Bennett (Wolves) was taken aback in regards to our intensity in training. A regime such as that  could lead to players breaking down and just looking back at last season, Rodgers was saying that the team was "looking leggy" around christmas time and the fact that almost every players quality dropped, at the same time, seems to make more sense, as it seemed our performances were more like a malaise, than lack of depth or our players missing due to injury.

Edited by sacreblueits442

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why are we now so susceptible to injuries!!!

We spent the off season looking to add depth and now find ourselves weaker than we have ever been before. Now it might be that it is bad luck, and we, like other teams must have our fair share. 

A recent post I read claims Bennett (Wolves) was taken aback in regards to our intensity in training. A regime such as that  could lead to players breaking down and just looking back at last season, Rodgers was saying that the team was "looking leggy" around christmas time and the fact that almost every players quality dropped, at the same time, seems to make more sense, as it seemed our performances were more like a malaise, than lack of depth or our players missing due to injury.

Is it really that difficult to work out? 

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

Abandon all defence on account of there being none and aim for a 16-12 win. Greatest game in the history of football. Vardy (4), Barnes (3), Youri (3), and 2 each for Kelechi and Ayoze. 8 all at half time.

With the way things are going thats worth a fiver. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fofana now a doubt too lol we're going to lose this sadly. It was already a banana skin but I feel like nobody is fit.

Doubtful that he's a doubt. :cool:

He just came through 2 top-notch performances with France's U21s.

Even when he received a nasty-looking tackle versus Slovakia, he bounced back up and was back in the fray without a blink.

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Doubtful that he's a doubt. :cool:

He just came through 2 top-notch performances with France's U21s.

Even when he received a nasty-looking tackle versus Slovakia, he bounced back up and was back in the fray without a blink.

It's covid related sadly. 3 of the France U21 team have had it.

Would be absolutely typical if so. We're having a ridiculous number of players unavailable and we haven't even kicked off the Europa League.

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's covid related sadly. 3 of the France U21 team have had it.

Would be absolutely typical if so. We're having a ridiculous number of players unavailable and we haven't even kicked off the Europa League.

Oops! Didn't realize that. :(

Anyway, he's still okay unless he himself tests positive. 

Before the latest round of international games, Edouard and Dubious tested positive and were dropped from the France U21 squad, and Italy similarly had two players from its U21 squad (from Inter and Atalanta) test positive and were dropped. But neither squad was isolated.

Edited by NaijaFox

38 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

So have we had actual confirmation of who is fit and who is not?

I'm a bit rusty but I'll give it a go, I've got the full kit, always thought it might come in handy. I'm a bit of a Maguire type CB (in that I bring the ball out and join in the attacks not let my country down, make cynical foul after foul to compensate for my lack of pace and ask policemen if they know who I am). Me, Morgan and Filbert it is then.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I'm a bit rusty but I'll give it a go, I've got the full kit, always thought it might come in handy. I'm a bit of a Maguire type CB (in that I bring the ball out and join in the attacks not let my country down, make cynical foul after foul to compensate for my lack of pace and ask policemen if they know who I am). Me, Morgan and Filbert it is then.

I'll go left wing.  Can't tackle, pass, head or track back.  But I can put in a hell of a cross.  

54 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I can still drink with the best of them so I will lead from the front, in the bar after the game.

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

I'm made of glass and always pick up an injury within the first 15 minutes of any comeback, so I can fill in for any one of James, Amartey or Benkovic... 

• Haha 1