Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

If Evans is fit enough that would be my preference as it’s both the 433 but actually the 4141 the way we play it.

That's the thing, if he's not we may have go 3 at the back to allow Justin and Fuchs to alongside Fofana, as neither can play centrally in a back 4.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

When he comes inside, the DM picks him up and if he goes out right, the LB does. The principal point is that there should be NO “special arrangements for him”.

Except that doesn't always happen, there are other factors to consider.

You've always got to make special arrangements for good players and though I hate saying it Grealish is a very good player.

Not making a plan to watch Antonio against West Ham is what cost us the game. Just like other Clubs do for Vardy.

Sometimes they work other times they don't. That's the cut and trust of Football.

By bringing in Hamza to watch Grealish it leaves everyone else to get on with the plan to win the game.

Edited by Clever Fox
Spelling error
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You've always got to make special arrangements for good players and though I hate saying it Grealish is a very good player.

Not making a plan to watch Antonio against West Ham is what cost us the game. Just like other Clubs do for Vardy.

Sometimes they work other times they don't. That's the cut and trust of Football.

By bringing in Hamza to watch Grealish it leaves everyone else to get on with the plan to win the game.

Quite like the Hamza shout, my only concern is him getting booked early on as Grealish is very good at drawing fouls.  If the objective is to stop Grealish, i'd still line up 4-1-4-1 but have Albrighton tracking back & helping out Castagne when Grealish has the ball, similar to our 4-0 home win last year. Whilst that's quite negative on paper (especially when we have an attacking threat like Under in the squad), i'd back Marc to do a good job on Grealish and would also drop back to cover Castagne when he makes those dangerous forward runs. 

Edit: Personally I hope Under starts, just saying Albrighton is a good option if the objective is to stop Grealish

Edited by Shane
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Quite like the Hamza shout, my only concern is him getting booked early on as Grealish is very good at drawing fouls.  If the objective is to stop Grealish, i'd still line up 4-1-4-1 but have Albrighton tracking back & helping out Castagne when Grealish has the ball, similar to our 4-0 home win last year. Whilst that's quite negative on paper (especially when we have an attacking threat like Under in the squad), i'd back Marc to do a good job on Grealish and would also drop back to cover Castagne when he makes those dangerous forward runs. 

Edit: Personally I hope Under starts, just saying Albrighton is a good option if the objective is to stop Grealish

I doubt Brendan will go with Hamza because he offers very little else in a defensive role. If he could keep Grealish quiet then that would allow the rest of the team to play to plan and push forward.

Albrighton done a good job on Grealish last year but I think he will start Under as he offers more going forward Though he's played twice for Turkey this week so he might save him for the 2nd Half.

Castagne will be fine as he's a smart player But when we do go forward Mendy and Evans slides over to cover for him and Praet moves into the Center. 

I think we can win this but only if we're committed enough from the start.

What worry's me is the amount of injuries we've suddenly seem to be picking up.

Because of our style and system the first goal is crucial for us. We get it and teams have to come at us then we can capitalize on it. If they score first then we struggle to break teams down. Not trying to put too much pressure on Under so early in his career here, but his style is perfect for helping break teams down in the way Mahrez did. He has to be given time to get accustomed to the league.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

This

Or this

Schmeichel 

Fofana        Evans

Castagne                                            Justin

Mendy 

Choudhury               Tielemans

Maddison 

Iheanacho                  Vardy

I'd prefer the 433 but I've got a feeling Brendan might go with a diamond with Choudhury doubling up on Grealish with Castagne. We did them away using this formation last year. 

I like the formation but I'd swap Choudhury with Mendy to mop up attacks and keep Grealish at bay in front of the back 4.

9 hours ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Whilst Wes Morgan is definitely our worst CB in the first team squad I don’t get all these calls for Fuchs to play ahead of him as a CB.

You will at full time if he tries to mark Ollie Watkins

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I don’t disagree that about special arrangements for special players (that’s why I cited De Bruyne), I just disagree that Grealish is that level of player. We can agree to disagree on that point, but it remains my opinion.

Furthermore, if you read my initial comment on this line of discourse within the context it was made, it is that if we overly concentrate on Grealish, we expose ourselves to the real danger of being hurt by the likes of Watkins and Barkley (if the latter is anywhere near the level of performance that he put up against Liverpool). For all of the understandable fervor about Grealish, Russ Barkley was the far more dangerous and effective contributor (and orchestrator) against Liverpool (again, perhaps understandably, given that he is an Evertonian and was also trying to make a splash in his first EPL game for a new club), and frankly with sharper finishing could easily have grabbed a hat-trick or even more. Having since re-watched the Villa v Liverpool game, Barkley was actually the X factor on the night who made everyone around him (including Grealish) play better. But I wouldn’t make special arrangements for Barkley either.

Edited by NaijaFox