Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Not Official but.......

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-luton-town-agree-to-sign-leicester-city-22-yr-old/

Luton Town have agreed to sign Leicester City midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 22-year-old is set to switch the King Power Stadium for Kenilworth Road before the domestic window shuts at 5pm tomorrow.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that an agreement has been reached for the defensive midfielder to join the Hatters on a season-long loan deal.

Dewsbury-Hall made his full debut for Brendan Rodgers’ side last month, playing 76 minutes of the Foxes’ 2-0 EFL Cup exit at home to Arsenal.

Prior to the loss, the Englishman had only made one appearance for Leicester, featuring as a second-half substitute in a 1-0 FA Cup victory over Brentford in January.

He spend the second half of the 2019/20 campaign on loan at League One side Blackpool, where he scored four goals in 10 appearances.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

A regular feature for Leicester City’s Under-23 side, Dewsbury-Hall made 59 appearances in Premier League 2, contributing one goal and eight assists in the competition.

First team opportunities were few and far between for the Foxes’ academy product with the likes of Youri Tielemans, Hamza Choudhury, Wilfred Ndidi, Naplys Mendy, Matty James and Dennis Praet in competition for the midfield spots at the King Power.

Dewsbury-Hall has two years remaining on his contract at the Midlands club, having put pen to paper on a new three-year deal in September of last year.

The midfielder is set to become Nathan Jones’ fifth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Jordan Clark and Tom Lockyer and the re-signings of James Bree and Rhys Norrington-Davies.

• Like 2

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Good move for him. If anything, it will teach him the rigours of competitive football. Two ways this goes, he either secures a move or comes back to genuinely stake a claim for place in the first team. 

..not sure why the Blackpool loan was not extended!!!

He appeared to be settled there and had become a valued member of their club..how did we manage to mess this up?

KDH was never up to PL football and never has conveyed that flair + technique that we need in our team and when you look at our other players it's easy to see why. Good championship player and if/when he leaves leicester I wish him all the best.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Desbury-Hall should've gone out on loan at about 17/18. We left it far too late and now he's almost certainly not going to make any impact here.

disagree. he's got the talent to perform there, a club in a decent position and looked good in pre season for us. a good loan and he'll be in with a proper shout. 

Don't mind this move. As long as there's a recall option just incase we continue to get depleted lol

Should be a good move for him. Luton have started the season well and that division is forever competitive. Will be good experience for him hopefully like it has proved for other players we've sent on loan there before. 

3 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I think the loan system at LCFC is now far better and more progressive than it was 4 years ago which is unfortunate for the likes of KDH as its a bit late for him personally....but i suspect that going forward, we will be looking to loan players who are ready at a younger age rather than focus efforts on trying to win the meaningless U23 league to massage Beagleholes ego.

Suspect this is a benefit of Rodgers now looking at things from a 360 degree view rather than Beaglehole being a kingmaker for any players between 18-22

I'm seeing loans out but I'm still looking and not seeing evidence that it's a problem we've completely fixed. For example someone like Tavares should be given a move to a Burton type of team. I see a load of 21-23 year olds loaned out but no younger than that.

I feel like we leave it a bit too late and we let them stagnate from 18-20.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Don't mind this move. As long as there's a recall option just incase we continue to get depleted lol

Should be a good move for him. Luton have started the season well and that division is forever competitive. Will be good experience for him hopefully like it has proved for other players we've sent on loan there before. 

Tavares still around if we are really struggling.

2 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Kante, famously an outlier 

Players like Vardy, Mahrez and Kante are definitely outliers. But it bothers me that these academy graduates have spent more than a decade with the club, worked with the coaches, the trainers, worked with the physiotherapists, turned up day in and day out, turned from pre teens to young men, suffered injuries, knocks to the confidence, have had countless lcfc staff hours pumped into them and fans are eager and happy to bin them off as soon as possible. If nothing else it’s hugely financially irresponsible to invest so much into players and then bin them off without even a half arsed attempt to get them and the academy to benefit. Obviously some academy graduates, no matter how much time and effort went into their development, won’t succeed, but it irks me that some fans are so eager to put so much hard work and effort in the bin on the blowing out of candles.

• Like 4