Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

I think KDH should be re-called. Praet being out long term is a big loss and especially because Madders has had his own injury problems recently too. (Hip and knee), if he was to get another injury all of a sudden we're in deep sh*te. We need another creative midfielder. Brendan will give him the chance to play. There's plenty of games coming up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Cam we recall for the rest of Jan and return? Sure that sort of thing has been done before?

Yes we could, although that's highly unlikely to happen. We will have to pay Luton some form of compensation for recalling him by a certain date in order to protect them from being able to get a replacement in in time. This sort of thing happens quite regularly now with loan moves.

• Like 1

Only a while ago many on here were happy to see NDiddi play alone in midfield, Something I never agreed with.

Now we play with two Wilf and Youri and some are panicking because a reserve player get's injured and want to recall KDH.

I believe both KDH and us will benefit by leaving him where he is at Luton to gain more experience.  We seen how long it took Harvey to adjust

to the Prem after Puel brought him back early. 

We're not that badly off for cover in midfield even if Hamza goes.

We can play Amartey, Ricardo or JJ  for defensive cover if needed. Or Maddison, Perez, Under to play in the forward roles if needed. 

Then come next season KDH can come into the squad with confidence, knowing he's done it elsewhere and just needs to step up to the Premiership.

I would prefer not to but I would now bring him back if Praet's out long term. Then say in cricket imagine the score if you lose two quick wickets. Imagine Leicester with two more midfielders injured. Maddison's carrying knocks and one more injury is not unlikely.

With the number of games to play we don't want a repeat of last year. If I was KDH I would love to be coming back to Leicester now for a probable minimum place on the bench.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Leave him be until early Feb when after a tough run of league games and Cup commitments domestically and in Europe on the horizon leaves us desperate for another creative midfielder and loads of people on here keep shouting KDH in caps lock and break the Internet. 

Get him back

Your basing that position on the worse case scenario. Which may or may not occur. As it stands we have a pretty in impressive squad with talent sitting consistently on the bench. I wouldn't want KDH's to development and progress to be halted warming our bench. 

55 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

From his Blackpool loan. They also rave about him. 

Was that recorded on a Nokia 3210? 

Anyway, personally don’t think we should recall him. He’s playing week in week out. He’ll be lucky to get a sub appearance here this season. Let him continue to develop then involve him next season. 

• Like 1

Im all for for bringing him back...

To the people saying he should stay and progress for his development then we could look at it as he was clearly above the level at Blackpool and now he’s clearly above the level at Luton. If you want to see where his ceiling is at then maybe we should see if he’s ready for the premier league especially in our mad run of games we have got coming up. I think by the sounds of it there is not much more development he can do as he’s already proving it week in week out the only development is at the next level.

I have never seen him play so he could honestly be sh1t but I trust the club on this move 😂 

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, January47 said:

I would prefer not to but I would now bring him back if Praet's out long term. Then say in cricket imagine the score if you lose two quick wickets. Imagine Leicester with two more midfielders injured. Maddison's carrying knocks and one more injury is not unlikely.

With the number of games to play we don't want a repeat of last year. If I was KDH I would love to be coming back to Leicester now for a probable minimum place on the bench.

Depends what a knock is. I would expect James Madison, a very young guy to be over what I would call a knock in two weeks, which he'll hsve had . I'd expect Saints to be a tougher test than Stoke but remembering how we played without JV and JM we don't need panic stations. In my opinion our defensive and midfield strength and cover is exceptionally good by any standards. Where our cover is weakest is in the front line . I found the video a bit hard to follow but at first sight it looks like KDH did a Dixie Dean almost, killing a header at his feet and then hitting it in left footed. This is a skill you don't see so often these days and I found pretty exciting. Maybe  KDH and Harvey Barnes can provide cover and initial help to jamie v if he needs it in a season or two. HB is not far off it now on latest performances and KDH ,if I've watched the video accurately is n't far off it either. He's on our books and IMO joining Leicester as an understudy to JV should be an attractive option to any young player. If as I suspect HB can also fill the role we're not as threadbare in strikers as it seems looking through the squad. I must admit I don't know how tall he is but Jamie Vardy is only 5 10 . May be KDH has shown us how practising the headers can pay off , Its not an attacking header but the neck flexing to kill a ball is a similar but difficult skill.

Don't forget all except the real money bag teams will also be getting problems by now. Let others panic I think BR has a pretty cool head. 

Edited by Alan Frost

20 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Your basing that position on the worse case scenario. Which may or may not occur. As it stands we have a pretty in impressive squad with talent sitting consistently on the bench. I wouldn't want KDH's to development and progress to be halted warming our bench. 

We have no alternative to Maddison and Tielemans??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LVocey said:

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a recall clause. We always seem to include them on our loan deals.

Agree we won't bring anyone in, but I imagine the temptation is strong to leave him at Luton where he is really coming on. Perez and Iheanacho can all act as cover in that role, or we can push Tielemans slightly further up. Under & Ricardo getting back to fitness throws more bodies in too. The latter could lead to more of 5 at the back, where we don't really play a number 10.

...that is a lot of permutations for someone who we do not play on a regular basis!!!

Does anyone remember July last year when we had loads of centre backs injured & centre halfs out on loan, so we end up with Wes & Bennett playing.

Well we don't want the same scenario now in midfield, especially with all the games we have to play. The more games the more chance of injuries & suspensions. We don't want to take that risk. He is developing nicely & we know he can play at championship level & would probably do a job for us if needed.

So let's minimise that risk & get him back. Even if he has another 5 months at Luton, there is no way that he will get in our team next season. So I say we've seen enough to know he won't let us down & let's remember we are already short of numbers in our Europa squad

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

Was that recorded on a Nokia 3210? 

Anyway, personally don’t think we should recall him. He’s playing week in week out. He’ll be lucky to get a sub appearance here this season. Let him continue to develop then involve him next season. 

Nice post. The sort of players we need don't enjoy sitting on a bench at 22 years old. They'd rather be playing.

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

I get this.... but if you're not wanting to recall him here, would you not recall him and offer him to lower ranked prem teams? Six months of decent Premier League exposure/performances means we can confidently place him into our squad next season. 

Get him back 

We can't play Youri and Ndidi in every game in three competitions. 

We have Mendy as cover but would you want to see a midfield of him and Choudhury again? 

KDH is different and not a holding midfielder.

Get him back. He'll get minutes.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I remember having the same conversations about Barnes. 

For me, we can cope with Praet being out without the need to recall KDH, but another injury and we'd struggling. 

Spot on.

Firstly does he have a recall option? Secondly how long is Praet going to be out for? If it's longer than 6/8 weeks (which looks likely) then we need another body. An injury to Maddison and Tielemans and we'd be ****ed for the next 2 months.

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

I think KDH should be re-called. Praet being out long term is a big loss and especially because Madders has had his own injury problems recently too. (Hip and knee), if he was to get another injury all of a sudden we're in deep sh*te. We need another creative midfielder. Brendan will give him the chance to play. There's plenty of games coming up. 

I personally think Dewsbury Hall is better off where he is getting regular football and learning his trade ready for pre-season. He's at the age where he needs regular game time not bench time. If we do need attacking midfielder cover that bad then whilst admittedly I don't know very much about him but Leshabela has been training with the first team squad for a while I think and has already been on the bench on the Europa league. Would he not benefit from the experience? Is he good enough? Presumably if Rodgers put him on the bench then he must think something of him?

• Like 1