Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

28 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Players like Vardy, Mahrez and Kante are definitely outliers. But it bothers me that these academy graduates have spent more than a decade with the club, worked with the coaches, the trainers, worked with the physiotherapists, turned up day in and day out, turned from pre teens to young men, suffered injuries, knocks to the confidence, have had countless lcfc staff hours pumped into them and fans are eager and happy to bin them off as soon as possible. If nothing else it’s hugely financially irresponsible to invest so much into players and then bin them off without even a half arsed attempt to get them and the academy to benefit. Obviously some academy graduates, no matter how much time and effort went into their development, won’t succeed, but it irks me that some fans are so eager to put so much hard work and effort in the bin on the blowing out of candles.

....that is more a failure of our system than anything else!!!

Yes we have taken these young boys and have for a long period of time, indoctrinated them in a system which is set up to create average players coming through, via an outdated believe and methodology. The new Training complex should be a catalyst for change in respect of ideology, and this should mean a change of staff as our present youth development staffers are not of the quality required.

You may be irked by the apathy extended to the present players of the development squads but these players are struggling to perform in the lowest league and that is more on the club and the way we have failed them in the quality of training given. Just watching the U23s and it is very noticeable the technicality of the other teams we have played who have excellent first touch, awareness and intelligence in their game of which we lack and appear years behind.

Edited by sacreblueits442

7 hours ago, UHDrive said:

KDH was never up to PL football and never has conveyed that flair + technique that we need in our team and when you look at our other players it's easy to see why. Good championship player and if/when he leaves leicester I wish him all the best.

Flair and technique? He’s a CDM. i’m just happy he appears to be able to pass straight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Desbury-Hall should've gone out on loan at about 17/18. We left it far too late and now he's almost certainly not going to make any impact here.

Agreed. I wonder how we compare age wise with other clubs in loaning young players out? We do seem to leave its a bite late or is it simply that the current crop aren't good enough?

7 hours ago, MPH said:

Flair and technique? He’s a CDM. i’m just happy he appears to be able to pass straight.

Did you watch him regularly in the Development league? He was good but he wasn't a standout player even then and I'd go as far as to say that George Thomas had more technique and command in the middle of the park than kdh did.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Good move for him. If anything, it will teach him the rigours of competitive football. Two ways this goes, he either secures a move or comes back to genuinely stake a claim for place in the first team. 

Harvey barnes anyone? 2 loans to lower league sides. Look at the player we have now. Lets hope this move can do similar stuff in the next couple of season

38 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

Harvey barnes anyone? 2 loans to lower league sides. Look at the player we have now. Lets hope this move can do similar stuff in the next couple of season

The difference being Barnes has been on loan, proved himself and played 50+ games for us, Dewsbury-Hall has only just gone on loan this year even though they are the same age.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

The difference being Barnes has been on loan, proved himself and played 50+ games for us, Dewsbury-Hall has only just gone on loan this year even though they are the same age.

No the point being. Barnes went on loan to a couple of clubs ad returned a player with huge potential to go further in ther game. Just hoping this loan to the championship will bear similar fruit, as Brendan obviously holds views of him being an asst to leicester in the future

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We’ve churned out three prem players and two England international just recently. Saying the academy system is a failure is crazy frankly.

...there will always be players surpassing the norm, even by the use of statistics!!!

We need to overhaul the system and better still bring in better coaches to work with players throughout the age groups. If you are a frequent watcher of the U23s you will see the difference that they compete against, Blackburn is a very technicality gifted team who have beaten us playing with younger players by 7 -1 and repeated the dose with an emphatic 4-0 defeated once again. Man. United have recently come up into our division, it seems clear where their thoughts are and it is not developing their own youth but allowing teams to bring players through and with their finances cherry pick the best.

If this is crazy thinking then put me down for the trip to the farm, we have to look where we can benefit our club more cheaply and steal a march on other teams, it is naive not to do so.

Good club for him. Nathan Jones gets a lot out of his players. Also he should be a regular starter there, which is the most important thing. If he plays as well as he did at blackpool I think we can get excited about him. 

Couldn’t care any less that 55 year old bob thinks 22 is past it, because he hasn’t broken into a top 6 prem side yet. :dunno:

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Good club for him. Nathan Jones gets a lot out of his players. Also he should be a regular starter there, which is the most important thing. If he plays as well as he did at blackpool I think we can get excited about him. 

Couldn’t care any less that 55 year old bob thinks 22 is past it, because he hasn’t broken into a top 6 prem side yet. :dunno:

on the flip side, if we signed a 23 year old who looked v good in the championship for a relatively meagre sum (lets hope KDH can make the step up from Lge1 - I think he can) we'd all be creaming our pants at our excellent recruitment policy...

• Like 4

Dewsbury-Hall Pens New Deal Ahead Of Luton Town Loan

Talented young midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall signed a new long-term contract with Leicester City ahead of a season-long loan with Championship side Luton Town, subject to Football League approval.

A highly-rated graduate of Leicester City’s Academy, Dewsbury-Hall has committed his future to the Foxes until at least 2024 with the new deal, with his progress now set to continue on loan in the Championship for Luton Town at Kenilworth Road.

The 22-year old made his debut for City against Brentford in the Emirates FA Cup last season, coming on as a second half substitute in a 1-0 win at Griffin Park before moving on loan to League One outfit Blackpool in January 2020.

He scored four times in 10 games for the Tangerines as he produced a series of standout performances while at Bloomfield Road. 

The Shepshed-born youngster has come through the ranks of LCFC’s Academy, and was named the Club’s Development Squad Player of the Season in 2018/19 – a campaign that ended with him captaining an Under-21s side in the Hong Kong Sevens tournament. 

He will now continue his development in the second tier with the Hatters, who are currently in fifth position and face Stoke City at home on Saturday afternoon.

Edited by moore_94

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Dewsbury-Hall Pens New Deal Ahead Of Luton Town Loan

Talented young midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall signed a new long-term contract with Leicester City ahead of a season-long loan with Championship side Luton Town, subject to Football League approval.

A highly-rated graduate of Leicester City’s Academy, Dewsbury-Hall has committed his future to the Foxes until at least 2024 with the new deal, with his progress now set to continue on loan in the Championship for Luton Town at Kenilworth Road.

The 22-year old made his debut for City against Brentford in the Emirates FA Cup last season, coming on as a second half substitute in a 1-0 win at Griffin Park before moving on loan to League One outfit Blackpool in January 2020.

He scored four times in 10 games for the Tangerines as he produced a series of standout performances while at Bloomfield Road. 

The Shepshed-born youngster has come through the ranks of LCFC’s Academy, and was named the Club’s Development Squad Player of the Season in 2018/19 – a campaign that ended with him captaining an Under-21s side in the Hong Kong Sevens tournament. 

He will now continue his development in the second tier with the Hatters, who are currently in fifth position and face Stoke City at home on Saturday afternoon.

Hopefully he comes back with out that terrible Coastworth tash....

• Haha 1

On 16/10/2020 at 10:54, ktfox59 said:

No the point being. Barnes went on loan to a couple of clubs ad returned a player with huge potential to go further in ther game. Just hoping this loan to the championship will bear similar fruit, as Brendan obviously holds views of him being an asst to leicester in the future

I think the key point about the success of the Harvey Barnes loans was that it happened when he was 19 rather than him being stuck in PL2 U23 football under the win-at-all cost mentality of Beaglehoie for 2-3 years...possibly same with Chilwell also at HTFC!

This is precisely why we should be loaning out the better "younger " players at a younger age rather than 21-23....those 2 years on loan playing regular lower league football will be far more beneficial to their longer term development (and LCFC!) than U23 football ever will.  What does it prove when you stand out in U23 football when you're mostly playing against other players who may not make the grade either...?!?

Alongside Barnes, best other examples currently of lower league loans Vs PLU23 football are the likes of Mount & Abrahams at Chelsea...

I really do think we should have kept hold of him. He wouldn’t be making the Premier League starting 11 straight away but he certainly would have been a useful squad player. May have even got himself a start on Thursday. Gives us something different to Mendy and Choudhury. 

Luton tried to sign permanently earlier in the window but had to settle for a loan

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luton-town-give-leicester-city-4621667

Luton boss Nathan Jones has revealed how he failed in a permanent move for Leicester City's Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall but assured the Foxes he will look to develop his talent.

Dewsbury-Hall wrapped up a switch to Kenilworth Road on deadline day by agreeing a season-long loan move which ended the Hatters' long pursuit of the highly-rated midfielder.

The 22-year-old had darted onto Jones' radar during a loan spell at Blackpool last season when he scored four goals in 10 appearances amid a string of impressive performances.

And the Hatters boss revealed that when he returned to the Championship club earlier this year, he was one player he wanted to sign permanently.

"He’s an excellent player and probably one of the first ones I identified on my return, in terms of ones we had to get," he said.

"We tried to get him permanently but we couldn’t.

"Leicester kept him around, he played against Arsenal (in the Carabao Cup) and when they finally let him out, they were true to their word, because we registered interest before anyone really.

"I watched him seven or eight times at Blackpool last year and I thought he did excellently and he’s one that will fit right into what we do here.

"He’s a great character, very good technically, he had a wonderful loan at Blackpool and Leicester City gave me permission to meet him very, very early, a few days after the season finished and I did.

"I’m glad I did because he’s chosen to come here."

"He’s a centre midfield player, he can play in attacking midfield, he can play in a two, he can sit if need be, but we see him as an attacking midfield player.

"He’s got a wonderful left foot, technically very good, he’s a good athlete and scores goals if he’s in a position enough.

"So, we’ll look to harness that and get some real development in him.

"It’s a shame he’s not ours but if we have to develop him then Leicester’s a good club for us to help."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite like how we let them meet early and it wasn’t a rushed deadline day move. 

for Luton to still want him on the last day of the deadline shows they rate him highly! Hopefully can play we’ll score a couple and be ready for our squad next season. Sounds like Luton will play him attacking so could our plans be he is Maddison replacement should he leave next summer? 

• 2 months later...