Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

32 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Luton match postponed due to Covid outbreak at the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55450052

Eqq774aXMAA1BuX?format=jpg&name=large
This was at the start of the Luton Town vs Bristol City match 3 days ago.
Today, both teams announced postponements due to Covid symptoms / confirmed positives.

Not the greatest idea...

Edited by brucey
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, brucey said:

Eqq774aXMAA1BuX?format=jpg&name=large
This was at the start of the Luton Town vs Bristol City match 3 days ago.
Today, both teams announced postponements due to Covid symptoms / confirmed positives.

Not the greatest idea...

anti-social distancing?

On 15/10/2020 at 23:04, Foxxed said:

Players like Vardy, Mahrez and Kante are definitely outliers. But it bothers me that these academy graduates have spent more than a decade with the club, worked with the coaches, the trainers, worked with the physiotherapists, turned up day in and day out, turned from pre teens to young men, suffered injuries, knocks to the confidence, have had countless lcfc staff hours pumped into them and fans are eager and happy to bin them off as soon as possible. If nothing else it’s hugely financially irresponsible to invest so much into players and then bin them off without even a half arsed attempt to get them and the academy to benefit. Obviously some academy graduates, no matter how much time and effort went into their development, won’t succeed, but it irks me that some fans are so eager to put so much hard work and effort in the bin on the blowing out of candles.

Good post. Three recent examples in one club (us) and we're calling them exceptions !! He's not too old at 22,thats crazy. Surely between this lad and Harvey Barnes, we can fashion at least one what used to be called an inside forward who is good enough to quickly become a striker alongside Jamie Vardy for maybe the next three seasons. JV would get help he's increasingly going to need over the next few seasons. Ok that might mean a tiny drop off in overall team strength but our midfield and defensive squads are IMO well already above average in quality ,flexibility, and number to compensate . Harvey Barnes is not far short of this capability now,if at all. Exceptional pace and accelertion, strong, a persistent trier, growing in confidence and scoring good goals.

Buying strikers (along with creative MFs ) is expensive and probably the riskiest and hardest buying job in football with countless failures or partial successes around the premier league. It would n't change our playing style an awful lot and Barnes, and KDH (who I don't know a lot about,  but seems to be well rated) have commitment to the club. If it does n't work out what have we lost ?

Our exceptionally good defensive and MF squads IMO , all mean that as a club we are well placed to try something like this. We also have Brendan Rodgers reputedly good at player development  and it seems enough good player development staff to try this. If we're really lucky and both worked out then we could end up solving our current  weakest area for a good few seasons and very cheaply too I believe a talented player is often more flexible than modern football allows.I'd like to include Under in this potential but ideally I'd like the striker roles to be filled by guys approaching six feet.

Incidentally I'm not suggesting we don't buy Under. He has n't been given a real chance to prove himself yet but I think he will.

Edited by Alan Frost

He’s the only like for like replacement for a potentially 3 months injured Praet. With a possibility for another injury to say Tielemans we either sign a ready made CM (with risk of affecting both Praet’s and KDH’s chances next season), We loan a Ryan Bennett-esque disaster of a CM as cover... or we recall KDH with the idea of bedding him further in with the squad with the knowledge that he should get some game time here.

Bring him back I say. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Was he injured this weekend? Wasn't in the squad which if fit makes me think we asked for not to be cup tied which you think would mean a recall clause. 

Speculating here 

Thought someone said the entire team was rotated, not just him

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a recall clause. We always seem to include them on our loan deals.

Agree we won't bring anyone in, but I imagine the temptation is strong to leave him at Luton where he is really coming on. Perez and Iheanacho can all act as cover in that role, or we can push Tielemans slightly further up. Under & Ricardo getting back to fitness throws more bodies in too. The latter could lead to more of 5 at the back, where we don't really play a number 10.

19 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If there is no recall then I’m sure they could do us a favour and send him back for good relations and we could do them another favour somehow. 

Bring him back and send them Tavares. Everyone wins - Tavares gets his loan, Luton get another young CM, and we get cover for Praet. 

In truth not sure I’d rather for KDH, think it’s best for his development to stay at Luton for the season, but Mendy and Choudhury as cover for Ndidi and Tielemans doesn’t fill me with much confidence. Unless we sign the Turkish fella and sell Choudhury, but not sure where that leaves KDH in the pecking order for next season. Alternatively we bring him back and he should still make a handful of appearances in the cups and EL games potentially and looks like he has more of a future at the club that Choudhury.