Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 minute ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Keep him at Luton. Key player there and guaranteed minutes. It was only because of the injuries last year we got to get a taste for Thomas' ability and i'm sure there are some gems in the academy we can get in the squad. Tavares, Leshabela, Wright or even Fitzhugh...

You've contradicted yourself there no end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

You've contradicted yourself there no end. 

Unsure how but okay. There's no doubt KDH could be a useful squad player who may get some minutes here and there but why bring him back for this when he'll get a hell of a lot more minutes and plaudits at Luton?

18 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We should leave him there, midfield is probably our strongest area and I could see it being a bit like when we recalled Barnes and didn't really use him

Agree..No Need to panic..!!  Though how strong will be tested in these Next 1-2 months...

If I recalled anyone...I might Think of "James" & still Keep Choudhury..!! 

16 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Unsure how but okay. There's no doubt KDH could be a useful squad player who may get some minutes here and there but why bring him back for this when he'll get a hell of a lot more minutes and plaudits at Luton?

I think if you asked any player if they'd prefer to play 90 mins for Luton every week (no disrespect as I like the club) or have the chance of reduced guaranteed minutes in the Premier League with Leicester's setup I think they'd jump at the Premier League chance everytime. 

If KDH comes in and does a job and impresses his career is going to rocket. He'll know that and will be dying for a chance no doubt.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Because you used Thomas as an example and KDH coming back would be like that chance Thomas had. Do you not see that? 

Just now, Collymore said:

Because you used Thomas as an example and KDH coming back would be like that chance Thomas had. Do you not see that? 

Can sort of see but with Thomas he was relatively unknown and wasn't getting valuable minutes whilst out on loan which is why I used the other academy lads

I just don't think we can downplay the importance of getting regular minutes in the championship and being a recognised star in the team throughout the course of a season. Of course he'll know just how amazing it would be to play for us but he will be given that chance next season.

3 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Can sort of see but with Thomas he was relatively unknown and wasn't getting valuable minutes whilst out on loan which is why I used the other academy lads

Fair point but I really think the only question mark left in his development  is can he cut it in the Premier League? This a good opportunity to answer that. I think he should only be recalled though if we're really serious on giving him a proper chance. 

3 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

I just don't think we can downplay the importance of getting regular minutes in the championship and being a recognised star in the team throughout the course of a season. Of course he'll know just how amazing it would be to play for us but he will be given that chance next season.

The club will know as well it's a tricky business transforming a player from a £7m Championship rated player into a £25m rated PL player. If it backfires it could be both bad for KDH's self belief and also a poor business decision. 

I'm sure they'll be crunching over the data and will only throw him I there if they truly believe he can do a job. 

25 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Leave him be. We have enough cover. Let him develop playing week in week out.

Leave him be until early Feb when after a tough run of league games and Cup commitments domestically and in Europe on the horizon leaves us desperate for another creative midfielder and loads of people on here keep shouting KDH in caps lock and break the Internet. 

Get him back

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Recalling could be bad for his development, let him see the season out there.

Maybe, maybe not.

Depends on how Rodgers see him, we have 11 games in 47 days, that a game every 4  days. There is a good chance he would get a decent number of minutes in PL, EL and FAC.

Develop isn't just about playing minutes, sometimes it more about the level of the challenge, looking at his player ratings, number of MOTMs for Luton, he could be finding it a little to easy.

Sometimes development is about being stretched, tested to you limit to bring out the best in you. 

Player develop best playing at the right level for them. 

Edited by coolhandfox

I think we have to trust Brendan and his staff on this one:ph34r:

KDH's number one priority is Leicester City. Whether he comes back an plays 1 minute or one game, having him here at least, gives us that option.   Fighting on 3 fronts currently should avail him of playing time even from the bench.   Any 'actual or factual' news on Praet yet???

Edited by mozartfox

The most important thing is in the here and now for Leicester and the success of our season, not KDH's development at Luton.

If Praet is out for 3 months, and Rodgers sees KDH as a better option than Hamza/Mendy rotating into that #8 role, then we should be recalling him assuming we can, no question.

The number of games we have means he'd likely get decent time on the pitch.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Leave him be until early Feb when after a tough run of league games and Cup commitments domestically and in Europe on the horizon leaves us desperate for another creative midfielder and loads of people on here keep shouting KDH in caps lock and break the Internet. 

Get him back

:dunno:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, martyn said:

The most important thing is in the here and now for Leicester and the success of our season, not KDH's development at Luton.

If Praet is out for 3 months, and Rodgers sees KDH as a better option than Hamza/Mendy rotating into that #8 role, then we should be recalling him assuming we can, no question.

The number of games we have means he'd likely get decent time on the pitch.

Considering that neither Mendy or Goc help us Hamza should even be a consideration for that role, that’s a pretty low bar.  Still, if Praet is out for several weeks recalling KDH is a no-brainer.  He’ll get minutes even with no further injuries in midfield.