Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Which manager do some want? 
I swear some on here will not be happy until we have a Dyche styled manager who sends the team out to play like the Millwall/Wimbledon of old then inevitably lose but reaction is well at least they went down fighting.

What is it in Rodgers that some FT members see that every player past and present who have worked with him didn’t/don’t, that almost every journo and commentary team and for sure his peers have him in the top 10 of World managers but those FT members are not buying it.

I watched an old Gary Neville soccer box last night with Steven Gerrard as guest and the obvious question which manager did you prefer to play under, baring in mind the managers he’s had, & yep our Rodgers, why, because of his man management and the style of play he brought to Liverpool.
He says and since said he wished he had played under Rodgers in his prime and that he used to skip into training due to the sessions he put on and knowing he will learn something new and get better for it even at the latter end of his career, Rodgers started the shape Liverpool are in today.

He would never blame an individual after mistakes, the slip, and we see that with our team how many times have we heard him say recently Fofana will make mistakes & has which have lead to goals but he won’t wring him out to dry like others would.

I for 1 think he is right for Leicester City, We do have a young team despite some high appearances numbers the average age of our starting 11 would put the team under its prime and even more so if just Evans, Kasper and Vardy were taken out.

This week we move into our state of the art training facility and can’t for the life of me think of a better manager I’d want with this team in that facility.

Some of our play has been incredible and yes some not so easy on the eye yet we are still up there & we still have 4 starting 11 players to return, that’s over a 3rd of the starting team and yet people moan about the odd result, you take a 3rd of the starting 11 from any team they will have blips.

You can go on all day about slow build up yet every post match interview he will state we didn’t play with enough aggression in the 1st half we spoke about that and....see it’s not his tactic it’s the players doing it yet he is pinged for it, the passing side to side there is a reason for that already covered by another poster.

Another thing recently mentioned was shot rate being 2nd lowest so seeing that arms are up but look at bigger picture the goals to shot is amongst the highest with our GD being what 3rd highest in the league & that’s only been dragged down in the past 3 games, what’s that saying about not having the biggest but about how you use it?

In this day and age of immediate gratification we lose sight of the build, we have some way to progress to the likes of Liverpool and Man City who are virtually the finished article but again with Rodgers (& new facility) the progression rate is moving us in the right direction and probably quicker than it should in all honesty,  despite a few blips.

Great write up Brendan, bit long winded though.

4 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

He's one of those media savvy managers, who always is seen as better than he actually is based primarily on his post match blurb

Never whines or bitches about injured players which have hit his side far more than Liverpool’s ( Klopp) and never criticises the oppositions style of Play ( Guardiola) and is far  less of a dick than the majority of the other premier league managers so for that alone I’m grateful 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Busted 😂 

Mate on a serious note your points are valid, I think we all know Brendan is quality and is a great fit for LCFC. But it doesn't mean to say he, should get away without criticism for some horrible performances of late and some of his excuses on post match interviews are predictable waffle.

Edited by Vazman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

He's one of those media savvy managers, who always is seen as better than he actually is based primarily on his post match blurb

A Bit like foxestalk forum....change blurb for meltdown....

We seem nice well informed balanced supporters....Then The mystery red mist clicks in, quickly explodes & smothers  all over the blue mist..!!

We keep calling Rodgers out and especially for his salary but on the pitch, what the hell are our players doing. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been as bored watching us as anyone else. It’s not fun sometimes.

However, picking on two, we have Maddison and Tielemans. Both on hefty contracts and both who it’s fair to assume see themselves at a “massive club” one day. When they’re sat there against Fulham playing keep ball and literally standing 5 metres apart, I can’t just point the finger at the manager. Because, when either one moves into space, we create. The same thing happened at West Ham (albeit with different players) Harvey Barnes disallowed goal was the best bit of football in the game. It took us virtually all game to take that initiative.

There is a lack in taking responsibility in some of the very well paid and very highly rated players on the pitch. The first goal we conceded against Fulham was amateurish. The goal we conceded against Zorya was just as bad. I don’t think Rodgers going solves that. The individuals need to be held accountable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Depends what your expectations are. I don't necessarily disagree with you but I didn't predict Leeds to finish above us. So we should be above them even if they have spent more money. Chelsea have blitz everyone else but if they finish 3rd everybody will claim Lampard has done a good job. 

Money is all over the place now so it's hard to judge on that. You've got teams like Sheffield United splashing £20m around on strikers who won't get into double figures.

I find the motivation thing strange because why the fvck would you need your manager to motivate you to go and play (top level) football. I don't think we've got enough match winners or players that will change the game though. There's nobody who I look too, particularly in midfield, and this he's gonna win us this game.

....if you go back to the Ferguson days, when he announced that he was retiring at the end of the season!!!

The players performances went flat, became lethargic and failed to get themselves up to the standards they had previously being playing at. After this continued, Ferguson then announced that he was going to continue and scrapped his previous plans, there was an immediate upturn in performance from his team.

Players attitude are something that needs to be managed and it does not matter how much money you are being paid, your are still susceptible to drops in motivation.

32 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

A Bit like foxestalk forum....change blurb for meltdown....

We seem nice well informed balanced supporters....Then The mystery red mist clicks in, quickly explodes & smothers  all over the blue mist..!!

Only when we loose badly! When we should win!

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if you go back to the Ferguson days, when he announced that he was retiring at the end of the season!!!

The players performances went flat, became lethargic and failed to get themselves up to the standards they had previously being playing at. After this continued, Ferguson then announced that he was going to continue and scrapped his previous plans, there was an immediate upturn in performance from his team.

Players attitude are something that needs to be managed and it does not matter how much money you are being paid, your are still susceptible to drops in motivation.

I'm not doubting motivational skills and  some managers look/seem more motivational than others. You've got players that would do anything for particular managers (I recall Ricardo Carvalho saying he'd swim the sea to play for Mourinho, or something like that, and you look at how players want to sign/play for the likes of Pep and Klopp nowadays) but when players don't look bothered, and this is my main concern when we do lose, I struggle to believe players need motivating to play. It's top flight football ffs. 

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not doubting motivational skills and  some managers look/seem more motivational than others. You've got players that would do anything for particular managers (I recall Ricardo Carvalho saying he'd swim the sea to play for Mourinho, or something like that, and you look at how players want to sign/play for the likes of Pep and Klopp nowadays) but when players don't look bothered, and this is my main concern when we do lose, I struggle to believe players need motivating to play. It's top flight football ffs. 

...in their world, it is all relative!!!

So far as they are concerned it is the equivalent of a warehouse work, everyone around them are in the same boat. Look at the players who have suffered depression within the game and it is not down to barracking from their own our fans, our the opposition supporters, being a football player does not stop you from being a human and they are liable to the same effects the ordinary man in the street are affected by.

We do seem under par on the field at the moment and we need a lift, if we can't get it from the sidelines then someone on the pitch has to bring that air of positivity and motivation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

Only when we loose badly! When we should win!

No Team in football are ever  in a poistion, that they can say they should win....

Thats an arrogance that we ourselves have shown ideas of grandeur, or entitled swagger sticks, can be brought down a peg or two.

Some Posters on here should get off their Too high Cloud pedastals

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No Team in football are ever  in a poistion, that they can say they should win....

Thats an arrogance that we ourselves have shown ideas of grandeur, or entitled swagger sticks, can be brought down a peg or two.

Some Posters on here should get off their Too high Cloud pedastals

Honestly there is nothing entitled about that comment, it's an honest assessment, of a team supposedley performing well, against a team not performing as well, unless you think we shouldnt have beaten or at least drawn against Fulham, and with your quick, I'm entitled response, you probably be happy to loose against Sheff United, that way you can come on here and tell us all we are entitled, just because we dont want to be the first to loose against a team who haven't won a game so far, and we want the team we love to win! I apologise if that is an entitled opinion in your eyes.

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

Honestly there is nothing entitled about that comment, it's an honest assessment, of a team supposedley performing well, against a team not performing as well, unless you think we shouldnt have beaten or at least drawn against Fulham, and with your quick, I'm entitled response, you probably be happy to loose against Sheff United, that way you can come on here and tell us all we are entitled, just because we dont want to be the first to loose against a team who haven't won a game so far, and we want the team we love to win! I apologise if that is an entitled opinion in your eyes.

Lose not loose

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vazman said:

Thats the reason most fans  like the Stories in football,cricket.....The shoulds, are the false dawns, and often every season get Kicker up the arse, 

Yes its frustrating when it happens to your One team, & Funny when it happens to the others.

We have more often been on the that side of the " shouldnt"....

In either case, Why bother to go into inDepth analyse......

I get as much frusrated and down as any other supporter...

Even After 10 games, any Knowledgable Football fan will recognise, that being in the Bottom 6 doesn't mean you lay down und die & "should" lose

So anybody Really Jumping the Gun expecting to Run Away with the points comes by default entitled...

Something this forum use to be humble was once proud...Not to be..!!

We are the obliging club..so like Fulham a Stronger Sheff.utd would like to Cash in to their  Shouldnt Chips ,

we have to Show them theres no more credit.. But our players have to earn it !!ich

They have to prove, like the big 6 

they have that higher Quality mentality & technically for longer consistent form or Grind or  results when necessary.

Thats only my opinion, but all is fair in love, war & football...Thats Why we Love it...But hate the results...innit...

The really alarming thing is that when things start to go wrong, Rodgers has shown no ability to halt the slide and reverse course.  And this predates his time at Leicester.  It's like a truck with no brakes - once it gets rolling it's not gonna stop until it crashes into something (the end of the season).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

The really alarming thing is that when things start to go wrong, Rodgers has shown no ability to halt the slide and reverse course.  And this predates his time at Leicester.  It's like a truck with no brakes - once it gets rolling it's not gonna stop until it crashes into something (the end of the season).

So how come this is 2nd time things are “starting to go wrong“ (if you can call 2 defeats, one to the current champions that! ) 

For it to be the 2nd time he must have have halted at least one slide no? 

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

So how come this is 2nd time things are “starting to go wrong“ (if you can call 2 defeats, one to the current champions that! ) 

For it to be the 2nd time he must have have halted at least one slide no? 

Yes, the truck ran into a building (the end of the season).

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Yes, the truck ran into a building (the end of the season).

So if I understand you correctly, your arguing that rather than this being a current run of bad form it's a continuation of last seasons bad run of form? 

How do you explain the fact we are 6th after 10 games (3 points behind the leaders with a game in hand) and qualified out of our europa league group with 2 games to spare? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Absolute rubbish, where do you get this from? We had a horrid ending to last season we the turned it around this season. Then we had two bad results against Villa and West Ham - we then turned it around. 
We have now had two bad results against Fulham and Liverpool  - we wait and see what happens next.

At Swansea in the Championship he went on a run of something like 1 win in 7 around March / April time and turned it around to get in and win the playoffs.

In the PL they had something like 15 points at the end of December, but guess what he turned their form around and they finished 11th.

He didn’t win any of his first 5 games at Liverpool - he turned this around and they finished 3rd.

Can we please stop this hounding of managers with bull shite facts that are made up to suit a clear agenda some appear to have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We keep calling Rodgers out and especially for his salary but on the pitch, what the hell are our players doing. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been as bored watching us as anyone else. It’s not fun sometimes.

However, picking on two, we have Maddison and Tielemans. Both on hefty contracts and both who it’s fair to assume see themselves at a “massive club” one day. When they’re sat there against Fulham playing keep ball and literally standing 5 metres apart, I can’t just point the finger at the manager. Because, when either one moves into space, we create. The same thing happened at West Ham (albeit with different players) Harvey Barnes disallowed goal was the best bit of football in the game. It took us virtually all game to take that initiative.

There is a lack in taking responsibility in some of the very well paid and very highly rated players on the pitch. The first goal we conceded against Fulham was amateurish. The goal we conceded against Zorya was just as bad. I don’t think Rodgers going solves that. The individuals need to be held accountable. 

The playing keep ball is likely on the manager's instructions.

32 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolute rubbish, where do you get this from? We had a horrid ending to last season we the turned it around this season. Then we had two bad results against Villa and West Ham - we then turned it around. 
We have now had two bad results against Fulham and Liverpool  - we wait and see what happens next.

At Swansea in the Championship he went on a run of something like 1 win in 7 around March / April time and turned it around to get in and win the playoffs.

In the PL they had something like 15 points at the end of December, but guess what he turned their form around and they finished 11th.

He didn’t win any of his first 5 games at Liverpool - he turned this around and they finished 3rd.

Can we please stop this hounding of managers with bull shite facts that are made up to suit a clear agenda some appear to have.

If that helps you.

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats the reason most fans  like the Stories in football,cricket.....The shoulds, are the false dawns, and often every season get Kicker up the arse, 

Yes its frustrating when it happens to your One team, & Funny when it happens to the others.

We have more often been on the that side of the " shouldnt"....

In either case, Why bother to go into inDepth analyse......

I get as much frusrated and down as any other supporter...

Even After 10 games, any Knowledgable Football fan will recognise, that being in the Bottom 6 doesn't mean you lay down und die & "should" lose

So anybody Really Jumping the Gun expecting to Run Away with the points comes by default entitled...

Something this forum use to be humble was once proud...Not to be..!!

We are the obliging club..so like Fulham a Stronger Sheff.utd would like to Cash in to their  Shouldnt Chips ,

we have to Show them theres no more credit.. But our players have to earn it !!ich

They have to prove, like the big 6 

they have that higher Quality mentality & technically for longer consistent form or Grind or  results when necessary.

Thats only my opinion, but all is fair in love, war & football...Thats Why we Love it...But hate the results...innit...

Mate we will agree to disagree, I am enthusiastic about our future not entitled!

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If that helps

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Sorry Brendan we promise not to say anything bad next time we watch a really bad Game. Honest! 😉

• Haha 1