Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

TEN YEARS AGO THIS WEEK

We lost 2-0 at Millwall and were six points and five places above the Championship relegation zone under Sven.

Blimey, we aint half come a long way!

Gives us all a bit of a reality check .....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sly said:

Gives us all a bit of a reality check .....

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sadly we feel the need to do this all too often because some fans don't really get it or appreciate it and expect far too much.

11 years ago Manchester City finished 10th having lost 18 games.

Times change and in turn, so do expectations.

We're doing well, albeit it's a false representation because if the teams around us win their games in hand, we could drop down to 7th once we're level on games played.

I don't think people complaining about some of our losses this season merits a reality check.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm a BR fan, but we won't make top 4 if our 2020 form continues.

Losses to Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth, Fulham, West Ham, Villa, most of which were in absolutely dire form and there for the taking. Plus a number of draws against weaker opponents. No year goes without a few results that are regrettable, but we've had way too many in 2020.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sdb said:

I'm a BR fan, but we won't make top 4 if our 2020 form continues.

Losses to Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth, Fulham, West Ham, Villa, most of which were in absolutely dire form and there for the taking. Plus a number of draws against weaker opponents. No year goes without a few results that are regrettable, but we've had way too many in 2020.

We have only drawn against Man U and Palace this season (I know you are looking at the whole of 2020). You could argue wins against Man City, Spurs, Wolves and Arsenal, do make us top 4 contenders. If you look at all the teams in and around us, they've all dropped points against teams they wouldn't have expected to beat. I agree, our form isn't consistent enough, but no one has been that consistent. We might not make top 4, we may finish 10th, but equally we could be in the mix at the back end of the season.

14 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

We have only drawn against Man U and Palace this season (I know you are looking at the whole of 2020). You could argue wins against Man City, Spurs, Wolves and Arsenal, do make us top 4 contenders. If you look at all the teams in and around us, they've all dropped points against teams they wouldn't have expected to beat. I agree, our form isn't consistent enough, but no one has been that consistent. We might not make top 4, we may finish 10th, but equally we could be in the mix at the back end of the season.

But ultimately the top 4 will be the sides that put together consistent runs. Last seasons top 4 did, and that was an equally bizarre season. I just don't see us going 10 games unbeaten, we've lost that killer instinct that we had at the tail end of 2019 

34 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

False representation?

We've had probably the worst injury list to key players in living memory yet we've managed to be in the top four all season and won our UEL group.

Even if we drop to somewhere as low as seventh (GOD FORBID, SEVENTH IN THE PREM, WE SHOULD BE SLASHING OUR WRISTS) it's not exactly a disaster.

Remember, this is all coming on the back of the poor second half of last season where plenty in the summer were losing their absolute minds over the disgrace of the fifth highest league finish in our history.

We're not perfect (and never will be) but by Christ we should have a bit of perspective on the season as a whole - not just us but most other clubs are having similar up-and-down results.

Everton - Ndidi, Fofana, Justin, Tielemans,  Maddison, Barnes, Under & Vardy.

Fulham - Fofana, Evans, Justin, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy.

Villa - Castagne, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Tielemans, Barnes (Maddison, Albrighton, Ünder on bench)

West Ham - Evans, Soyunchu, 

Castange, Tielemans,  Justin, Vardy & Barnes

Given the highlighted players who played for each of those results, I dont think we can blame injuries.

We have been unlucky with injuries but a good enough squad to win the games.

Onwards and upwards though, I just don't think we should find an excuse for every poor performance / managerial brain fart. 

Edited by adejo92

52 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

False representation?

We've had probably the worst injury list to key players in living memory yet we've managed to be in the top four all season and won our UEL group.

Even if we drop to somewhere as low as seventh (GOD FORBID, SEVENTH IN THE PREM, WE SHOULD BE SLASHING OUR WRISTS) it's not exactly a disaster.

Remember, this is all coming on the back of the poor second half of last season where plenty in the summer were losing their absolute minds over the disgrace of the fifth highest league finish in our history.

We're not perfect (and never will be) but by Christ we should have a bit of perspective on the season as a whole - not just us but most other clubs are having similar up-and-down results.

I think you need to lighten up a bit. Complaining about shoddy performances shouldn’t be dismissed just because we were in a different league once upon a time.

Times have changed and so have expectations, it’s that simple.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

False representation?

...there is a lot of posters continually posting, citing this!!!

The only problem with that argument is that it is being applied to teams across the board, it is all relative, you can’t have it both ways.

There has been poor decision made by Rodgers in respect of formation, game management and team selection. 

People have a perfectly good reason to question decisions being made.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

So what are these expectations? Win the league?

The person above you is right, however our record against the bigger sides before this season was fairly poor, and when we do lose to the likes of Liverpool/Man Utd it's more frustrating because we know we are better than we had probably showed on the day. I think generally whenever we lose matches, or even fail to win matches these days given the horrendous overreaction from some on here, we don't really seem to have played well in them. When we play well we usually win. I know that sounds a bit obvious but its true.

But some fans do seem to suddenly think we have a right to beat every club in this division these days besides the top 5/6. Everton/Wolves have some very good players, you also have sides like Southampton who are on the up, and West Ham who are a bit patchy but on their day can be a very tough opponent. We can't even concede a goal these days without the knives being drawn. If Rodgers was perfect he wouldn't be at a club like ours. Our squad is very good but not of the level where they just have to show up to beat mid-table/lower sides.

Well said - and as I said elsewhere, there is no such thing as 'the perfect manager'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

TEN YEARS AGO THIS WEEK

We lost 2-0 at Millwall and were six points and five places above the Championship relegation zone under Sven.

Blimey, we aint half come a long way!

Roman ****ing Bednar

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

But ultimately the top 4 will be the sides that put together consistent runs. Last seasons top 4 did, and that was an equally bizarre season. I just don't see us going 10 games unbeaten, we've lost that killer instinct that we had at the tail end of 2019 

I agree, but at present no one seems capable of that. So if this level of inconsistency is maintained any one of the top 10 could still be in the mix for a top 4 place.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Manini said:

Was actually a bit excited when we signed him. Oh boy how quickly that faded. 

Me too 😂

Didnt we sub Ricardo off for Chris Weele at HT? Wasn't our finest day as Leicester fans that day 😂

Edit: Just looked. It was Chris Kirkland, Millwall went down to 10 men too 

Edited by Ashley

9 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Brendans selections irritate me as much as anyone, and sometimes he talks nonsense.

However, there aren't many managers in the prem I'd have over in him and everytime hes linked with another job I realise we'll miss him when he's gone.

Arguably only klopp and pep are the ones I'd have over him.

Arteta - no

Lampard - no

Mourinho - maybe but not likely with the style he plays

Ole- hell no

Hassenhuttel - maybe

Ancelotti - probably not

Dean Smith- **** no

Nuno - no thanks

Why not Nuno I think he has done a decent job with Wolves, and is straight talking, agree with the rest although Dean Smith isnt all that bad.

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Why not Nuno I think he has done a decent job with Wolves, and is straight talking, agree with the rest although Dean Smith isnt all that bad.

I'd have BR over anyone, I do like some of the other managers and what they are doing with their respective teams, but BR is a great fit and is absolutely the man to take the foxes forward, players like him and respect him which will attract good players to the club, yes some decisions, and results are frustrating but overall we are on a hell of a journey come on the Foxes!

9 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Brendans selections irritate me as much as anyone, and sometimes he talks nonsense.

However, there aren't many managers in the prem I'd have over in him and everytime hes linked with another job I realise we'll miss him when he's gone.

Arguably only klopp and pep are the ones I'd have over him.

Arteta - no

Lampard - no

Mourinho - maybe but not likely with the style he plays

Ole- hell no

Hassenhuttel - maybe

Ancelotti - probably not

Dean Smith- **** no

Nuno - no thanks

Sorry ancellotti probably not. You’ve got to be joking the blokes won everything. Either him or hassenhuttl for me. 

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

When we were going for play offs in the Championship we didn’t used to complain about losing to the top 6 or so teams, but we did get frustrated with losses to the bottom sides. 

Now we’re going for the top 6 in the Prem, we don’t really complain that much about losses to the top sides but complain when we lose to the bottom sides. 

Simple as that really. It’s irrelevant of what division you’re in - you’re going to be annoyed at your team losing to weaker opposition and not be as bothered by stronger teams beating you. 

Exactly this and we’ve been dropping points against weaker or level opposition for years now, its not a new problem but its one thats not getting solved. Rodgers has had nearly 2 years to solve it and he’s still not even close to getting more consistency against those types of teams and he deserves to be questioned on that. Just as much as he deserves the plaudits for his results against the stronger teams. 

On balance he’s doing very well but he could be doing so much better and thats whats frustrating. Its not a crime to want and hope for more from the team or manager when its within reason. Doesn’t matter what dross was playing for us 10-15 years ago. Its irrelevant. 

• Like 1