Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Some Nostradamus you are. That said Brendan didn’t provision for anything injuries aside. He’s a stubborn so and so. A new face would have had a positive effect on the team for me.

In his defence, i've not heard a Leicester manager in the last ten years talk so openly about his confidence at completing a deal for a midfielder. Something somewhere went wrong and it wasn't meant to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

In his defence, i've not heard a Leicester manager in the last ten years talk so openly about his confidence at completing a deal for a midfielder. Something somewhere went wrong and it wasn't meant to be.

If it was Chalobah, it seems as though the issue was Longstaff not leaving Newcastle for Watford.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

The only options in this window who were realistic were squad fillers probably no better than what we've got. No top team would give us a reserve, any deals would be cash or loan with obligations to buy.

I'd have loved Eriksen but nobody has managed to get him. Who has moved that we missed out on that we really could've got?

Exactly. Makes me laugh people bitching and moaning about us not signing anyone. Yes it's frustrating but other than Odegaard and maybe Josh King, cant see any other players we have missed out on. Odegaard we enquired about so he clearly fancied London over Leicester and we clearly didnt fancy King or we would have gone for him. Like you said, the "big clubs" would not do us a favour and loan anyone to us. I'm sure AMN would rather have come here than go to WBA. 

Really disappointed, but I can understand why we haven't made a signing if it's due to finances or the right player not being available. I've got a feeling it'll come back to bite us on the arse and we'll end up a body short in midfield for a few weeks at least.

Top 6 is the main thing though, no reason we can't still achieve that and improve the squad over the summer with 2 or 3 new additions like we did in the summer just gone.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Really disappointed, but I can understand why we haven't made a signing if it's due to finances or the right player not being available. I've got a feeling it'll come back to bite us on the arse and we'll end up a body short in midfield for a few weeks at least.

Top 6 is the main thing though, no reason we can't still achieve that and improve the squad over the summer with 2 or 3 new additions like we did in the summer just gone.

Why Top 6?  Surely Top 4 would have been infinitely more crucial.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Really disappointed, but I can understand why we haven't made a signing if it's due to finances. I've got a feeling it'll come back to bite us on the arse and we'll end up a body short in midfield for a few weeks at least.

We'll need at least 3 (striker, winger, potentially cb and a replacement for whoever we inevitably sell) and hopefully players like KDH, Sowah and Iversen to come back and compete as if we're in the europa again we'll need bodies.

Would assume the outgoings will be Ghezzal, Morgan, fuchs, James and choudhury at the least will be the outgoings.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

The only options in this window who were realistic were squad fillers probably no better than what we've got. No top team would give us a reserve, any deals would be cash or loan with obligations to buy.

I'd have loved Eriksen but nobody has managed to get him. Who has moved that we missed out on that we really could've got?

Probably the only person I would have wanted us to go after was Mateta, but even then he probably would have preferred to go to Palace where he will play every week anyway

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Why Top 6?  Surely Top 4 would have been infinitely more crucial.

Well yeah, but any form of European football keeps us amongst the big boys and also gives us a chance to use all 25 or so players we have at the club, plus none of us (or very few) expected top 4 prior to the season starting. It also gives us another chance of the European tour we missed out on this year.

• Like 1

shameful from the board, could have gotten josh king or someone decent or something on a short termed deal or a loan but nothing. wheres our ambition. this happened last year, we really gotta hope our injury curse doesnt reamerge. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

shameful from the board, could have gotten josh king or someone decent or something on a short termed deal or a loan but nothing. wheres our ambition. this happened last year, we really gotta hope our injury curse doesnt reamerge. 

But Josh King is not decent.  He wouldn't get a single minute in this squad.

• Like 1

I think collectively we're all a bit nervous given the inevitable round of injuries we have at present. I agree with many other posters that none of the names we were genuinely linked with (Chalobah et al) would have been an upgrade on anything we had.

In saying that, a loan to cover Praet could have been sensible.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

On the face of it kabak, however didn't realise he was about to get relegated for the second time.

Which would have been a huge risk as well - he would be signed effectively as cover for Fofana injured for a month and there’s absolutely no guarantee he’s going to pick up to the speed of English football (hence Liverpool made the signing of Davies). 

Generally defenders from Bundesliga take time to get up to speed - Soyuncu, Koch, Metresacker off the top of my head I can think of.